715.png

Noivern W/Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
252 Spe 252 SpA 4 HP
Boomburst
Draco Meteor
U-Turn
Taunt
He's a possible opener long with Breloom. Frisk is to scout for items. Uturn is for utility and taunt is to prevent set up. Boomburst for power an to bypass subs, and draco meteor for stab.
342.png

Crawdaunt W/Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
Knock Off
Dragon Dance
Crabhammer
Aqua Jet
Closer and possible late game sweeper, Knock off is a powerful STAB and gets rid of items, DDance to increase speed and atk, Crabhammer for power and aqua jet to finish. Sash is for his bad defenses and allows me to set up and aqua jet
473.png

Mamoswine W/Life Orb
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Icicle Crash

My power Pokemon, His power priotity ice shard can make quick work of fast dragons. Crash has the power for the slower bulky dragons, EQ to take out the rest. Stealth rock to set up damage against birds and fire pokes. Life Orb to increase power but still have versatility.
593.png

Jellicent W/Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
252 Hp 252 Def 4SpD
Scald
Dazzling Gleam
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
One of my bulky core.fairly basic set. Scald causes damage and good chance of burn. Willowisp for the sure thing. Recover gives me a means for quick recovery and Gleam for Dark and Dragons. Leftovers for further recovery.
598.png

Ferrothorn W/Air Balloon
Ability: Iron Barbs
252 Hp 200 SpD 56 Def
Power Whip
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed

Another basic set. My other defensive core. Power Whip for power, T wave to status, Stealth Rock to set up and leech seed for recovery. Air Balloon is just a placeholder. I feel that Ferrothorn and Jelly give me a good defensive core and cover each others weakness well.
286.png

Breloom W/ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Technician
252 Spe 252 Atk 4 Hp
Spore
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb
Rock Tomb

Breloom has good enough speed to cause damage and get a fast spore of on the more dangerous enemy. Mach punch for even faster attack. (should be bullet seed) is for stab damage. Rock Tomb is to lower speed of incoming switch ins. Sitrus is to recovers.

Still Working on the items, the main reason they're no duplicate items is because battle spot bans duplicate items (obviously).
EDIT: Just realized Breloom has seed bomb instead of bullet seed...fail

RE: Battlespot/ (Not Really)Competitive Team

nice team you have there, I dont have much to say but I don't think taunt on choice scarf is a good idea, I would replace it with another attacking move such aa Flamethrower as you dont have much moves that'll hit hard on grass and ice types so it would be good coverage.
On Crawdaunt I would recommend not having 2 attacking water type moves, personally I would remove Crabhammer and replace it with X-Scissor to help deal with Fairy and Gras types, 2 of Crawdaunt's weaknesses.
On Jellicent, why have more EVs on Defense if you have will-o-wisp, once you use will-o-wisp on a physical attacker they're pretty muh crippled, so you would want more EVs on your SpDefense because you have no moves to help deal with special attackers. So switch the Defense EVs and the SpDefense EVs around so you have more coverage on both defenses.

That's all I really have to say to be honest, I hope I helped!

I'll probably give Noivern Flamethrower like you said, at least in battlespot taunt hasn't worked out

Chandelure said:
I'll probably give Noivern Flamethrower like you said, at least in battlespot taunt hasn't worked out
Better yet: breed in Switcheroo. It has to be chain bred, but it could be used in place of taunt in almost every situation. Few walls and/or boosting sweepers like being locked into a move. Infiltrator might be worth using, too, since it will prevent subs (especially Prankster subs) from intercepting your hits/causing trick to fail as well as bypassing Reflect/Light Screen.

As for Jellicent, Dazling Gleam is nice, and probably nets a few handy KOs on dark types, but with the prevalence of Sucker Punch and the fact Jelli is usually slower than common dark types, you might want to go for dual STAB with Shadow Ball (Water/Ghost has decent coverage, only Dark resists Ghost, and you're not going to keep Jelli in on Darks anyway. With STAB on Shadow Ball, you'll hit many things harder than DG could, anyway)

Also, Ferro doesn't need an Air balloon. It takes neutral ground damage. Even Mamoswine struggles to 3HKO it with EQ.

Breloom might better use a Swords dance set, sacrificing either Bullet seed or Rock tomb. With Technician AND doubled power (easy to get off a SD after spore), you can wreck much more than you could unboosted.

Ferro's air balloon is just a placeholder, I want to give it leftovers but battle spot doesn't like duplicate items

I am thinking of changing jellicent's Gleam move, it's decent for dark but dragons it doesn't do squat it seems

I actually really like the idea of switcheroo, it could do crazy shenanigans

Maybe instead of jellicent go for a sableye? (random suggestion), if you need, I could give you a Jolly Prankster Sableye (I have spares).

Jolly Sableye @ Leftovers
252Hp 252SpDef 4Def
-Recover
-Will-o-wisp
-Swagger/Toxic
-Foul Play
Kinda mormal for a Sableye. Recover for obvious reasons. Will-o-wisp for the physical attackers. Swagger and Foul Play are great, but if you are going to burn them then swagger is pointless, so Toxic could help for any pkm that resist foul play. Foul Play also ignores burn if I am not mistaken, which is even better.

I would recommend taking off sitrus berry on Breloom, giving it a sash. Then, give your ferrothorn the sitrus berry

Also, you only have 3 moves on Breloom. Try giving it bullet seed. It's STAB plus Technician.

I meant to have bullet seed but I messed up and gave it seed bomb

UltimateInferno said:
Maybe instead of jellicent go for a sableye? (random suggestion), if you need, I could give you a Jolly Prankster Sableye (I have spares).

Jolly Sableye @ Leftovers
252Hp 252SpDef 4Def
-Recover
-Will-o-wisp
-Swagger/Toxic
-Foul Play
Kinda mormal for a Sableye. Recover for obvious reasons. Will-o-wisp for the physical attackers. Swagger and Foul Play are great, but if you are going to burn them then swagger is pointless, so Toxic could help for any pkm that resist foul play. Foul Play also ignores burn if I am not mistaken, which is even better.
Three main (but not too serious) problems. First, burn does not affect incoming Foul Play; It does the same damage whether the target is burned or not. Burn only affects physical damage done by the afflicted pokemon (but I'm not sure about self-damage from confusion). Second, Swagger was banned (after Ult's post, so he wasn't wrong for posting it as a suggestion), so Swagplay Sableye is out if you suspect opponents will call you on it. Confuse ray is still a valid option, but not quite as 'perfect' strategically as Swagger was, despite being less of a two-edged sword. Furthermore, Taunt is powerful on Sableye, preventing tons of things from using it to set up (especially Volcarona). Lastly, carying both WoW and Toxic tends to leave you open more than it helps you. I suggest picking one and sticking with just that. Use Toxic if walls get the better of you more often and Burn if not, since Burn does more damage than toxic up until the third turn (at which point both have done equal damage). Burn will do more total damage when foes switch out before the third turn of status damage and the attack drop that comes with Burn helps patch Sableye's Defense. In my opinion, Sableye actually works better in Ubers than OU since even the special attackers there have massive attack stats to use against them (the mighty Kyogre is 2-3hit KO'd by Foul Play and most Psychic and Ghost types common to the tier hate taking a Super Effective, STAB FP hit to the face if the switch in on Sabletroll), plus a physically defensive sableye can hold it's own against most burned physically-attacking Ubers (Garchomp does roughly 25-30% with EQ and Outrage while +1 Rayquaza struggles to do almost 50%. Threats like Ho-oh and Blaziken don't count since they can't be burned*)

In any case, Jellicent does better paired with Ferrothorn as they both cover each other very well (Sableye couldn't tank fire moves coming in on Ferrothorn). The only problem this gen is Ferro doesn't resist Ghost and Dark anymore (not that Sableye does either). Don't worry about it too much, though, since those resistances are hard to work with since it essentially limits you to Dark types (and Fighting/Fairy, in the case of Dark resistance, but they generally aren't good defensive types in general. Togekiss is the one exception [for mixed defense] if you play it right as a bulky attacker since it actually has reliable recovery and a way to cripple many threats)

(*=Using type-altering moves first, such as Soak, don't count since they're generally not reliable enough to be used in competitive play)

Ok, as I said, it was just a random suggestion I thought of, I mentioned that FP ignores Burn.

UltimateInferno said:
Ok, as I said, it was just a random suggestion I thought of, I mentioned that FP ignores Burn.
That was my bad. I subconsciously switched in FP where you mentioned swagger would be useless. The worst that happens when using Swagger on a burned mon is it returns to normal physical damage, but it is a little counter-productive in some cases (burn-stall is technically more reliable than relying on confusion hax), so you do have a valid point.

iSharingan said:
Second, Swagger was banned (after Ult's post, so he wasn't wrong for posting it as a suggestion), so Swagplay Sableye is out if you suspect opponents will call you on it. Confuse ray is still a valid option, but not quite as 'perfect' strategically as Swagger was, despite being less of a two-edged sword.

Swagger was banned in SMOGON'S META not VGC. Smogon rules dont apply to every meta out there, so if you want to run swagger you can. You just can't run it in Smogon. And I say this because this is a Battle Spot team so Smogon's bans don't come into play.(Thank God)

Back