Battlefield 3 - PS3

payney_1991

I am a rare species!
Does anyone know when the release of this is, I have pre-ordered myself a copy that is apparently due for release on 01 April 2011, but I have read otherwise elsewhere.

Looks a very good game with new Frostbite 2 gaming technology, makes it that more realistic

Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3... the FPS to FINALLY push the FPS genre forward. No, not "push" it forward, but to literally pick the genre up and shoot it out of a 12 gauge shotgun.

To sum this game up... wow. Yes, we haven't seen the whole thing, but we HAVE seen 3 unbelievable videos of the game in it's full glory. If you have not watched the trailers yet, what the HECK are you waiting for. The trailers are not just trailers but actual gameplay of Battlefield 3 on a MAXED OUT PC (I'm a PC gamer :)).

So long Call of Duty, you have overstayed your welcome for too many years.

Welcome back, Battlefield.

RE: Battlefield 3

I agree 100%. The graphics look great, the gameplay looks great, and you can FINALLY mount your darn LMG's for more accuracy, like you should be able to! I hope that will cross over to multiplayer, too. It seems like it's not just a run-and-gun shooter. There was the scene in the air vent, defusing a bomb, hand-to-hand combat with an enemy, and of course, tons of shooting.

The sniper video was crazy. It seems like its the most realistic it can be and still keep the game fun. Sniper bullets nearby give a small shockwave, the rocket launcher blew up the whole building. Imagine destructible environments on multiplayer with these kind of graphics. I think it will be amazing.

Call of Duty has to step up their games. The real appeal of Call of Duty isn't really the graphics, but rather they were the first to take a spin on "upgrading" guns for mutiplayer, or were at least the most popular (they may not be the first but I believe they were). People trust Call of Duty to give out an above average game, but what Battlefield 3 has here is not above average. It's spectacular.

The Battlefield 3 creators have said that they are releasing this game in November purposely to face-off with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Honestly, CoD has a bigger fanbase, and I love the two games equally, but I believe that Battlefield has a chance here to steal CoD's fans. That is, if Modern Warfare 3 does not do a huge enhancement to gameplay, graphics, and their campaign, they have no chance.

Unless either game gets horrible reviews (and even then, I don't really trust reviews), I'm going to get both games. But right now with the information revealed and the stunning difference between Battlefield 3 and the rest of the Battlefield games, I believe it will blow away the shooter industry, and like you said, will really increase the expectations and competition, which will hopefully give us customers better games. (really Homefront, really?)

Thanks for that educated post Lenny. Seriously.

I've always been a Call of Duty fan... until now. They've simply given up on the PC community all together... Black Ops was a complete disaster. Not only can I STILL not play it on my PC, but the game is just another recycled CoD game.

We NEED a new, revolutionary game. We need something completely original and mind blowing to push the genre forward.

Honestly, I'm getting an X-Box just for this game. The graphics look...well...no way to describe them actually. I really love how fluid the characters movements are too. Plus half the videos I saw I honestly thought I was there. I can't wait for this game and I agree: It's time for Call of Duty to step aside.

P.S. That sniper scene: Best. Scene. Ever. So realistic.

Back