'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Energy recycler is nice to have in format, good to see it back.
It will help the maractus enthusiasts, that's for sure!

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Huh, Claydol. Could be nice, but really, it needs to have a 2 energy base + 1 more energy for each Energy attached to your opponent’s Pokémon to see a decent amount of play.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Between this, the new Weepinbel and Salazzle, and Vivid Voltage Phanpy, Shibuzoh has been absolutely POPPING OFF with the art lately

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Say, I have a question. I’m seeing $30-40 preorders for the build and battle kits for Battle Styles. Does that mean this set is going to get big-time scalped like Vivid Voltage?

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one that thinks that this isn't a reprint but an alternative art print? I always thought a reprint is of exact same artwork but only set logo below is changed or typing changed on the same artwork. Guess the collector in me maybe is a little too harsh and nitpicking on how words are used but yea there is a difference.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one that thinks that this isn't a reprint but an alternative art print? I always thought a reprint is of exact same artwork but only set logo below is changed or typing changed on the same artwork. Guess the collector in me maybe is a little too harsh and nitpicking on how words are used but yea there is a difference.
most reprints have different art, just look at the various prints of rare candy or Switch. The alt art rule never was a hard rule about cards with alternate arts dont count but just a codified system for designating when cards don't extend a cards life in standard rotation

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff

Energy Recycler is definitely a reprint and will be treated as such when it comes out internationally. The 'E' Regulation block on this print of the card guarantees that. The previous print of Energy Recycler had the 'A' regulation block.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Speaking of reprints, and I know this is off topic, are we ever going to get that Cynthia promo from Japan?
Also, not to be impatient or anything, nobody has answered my query about whether Battle Styles is going to be another Champions Path or Vivid Voltage.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Speaking of reprints, and I know this is off topic, are we ever going to get that Cynthia promo from Japan?
Also, not to be impatient or anything, nobody has answered my query about whether Battle Styles is going to be another Champions Path or Vivid Voltage.

Shining Fates is the new mini set, so it would be more like Champion's Path. Battle Styles, on the other hand, is a new main set, so it would be more like Vivid Voltage.

As for Cynthia? We just don't know. Because the card has already rotated, it's not super likely we'll get the card at all. There is some hope, however, as in the survey pushed out a while ago, TPCi asked about interest in a sort of 'Expanded Trainer's Toolkit' that could potentially include the card. Whether or not they actually end up making the product remains to be seen.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer

For the players, a 'reprint' is when a card is released with the same name/text/functionality with a card previously released but has since rotated out/stopped printing. It doesn't matter if it has the same or different artwork. If it lets you play a previously non-legal card in standard, it's a reprint.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Energy Recycler - gosh, we really need it in some decks.
  • Claydol - nah! Stage 1, dependant on the opponent, not as an ability.3

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Orbeetle - if you can turn 2 Orbeetle, getting out stage 2s is very very easy. Well, Orbeetle itself is a stage 2, so good luck. 3-4
  • Camping Set - searches card, pretty straight forward. It ends your turn so better use it turn 1. 4?

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Nice to see a more viable Lifesplosion in Orbeetle. Rare candy plays are a lot easier than Gen V/VI Fossil mechanics. It's even a colorless requirement this time, too!

Tis a shame that Vs, VMaxes, & TagTeams are still gonna stomp all over such a deck, though. :p

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Yuru Camping Gear looks pretty great for turn one, but you'd generally want to search for a card you'd like to play immediately, not hold for the next turn. In terms of consistency, it's more of a "win more" card. I'm sure people will try it, but I'm not sure they will love it. If it sees play, it might just make already consistent decks be more consistent, rather than help newcomers enter the format.