'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Well, this has potential. However, there’s one big problem. Galarian Mr. Rime is an Evolution Pokémon. No, I’m not just hating on Evolution Pokémon, let me explain. The current search we have for Evolution Pokémon isn’t that limited, but, they’re not “Balls.” Evolution Incense and Pokémon Communication, one or the other is always necessary in an Evolution Deck at decent counts to ensure consistency. But, these won’t provide to the power of Mr. Rime’s attack, which is very unfortunate, later game, you’ll be unable to turn extra search cards into damage. Also, there are only 3 “Balls” in Standard at the moment: Pokeball, Great Ball, and Quick Ball. Quick Ball is best of these, and your deck won’t be able to run with just these “Ball” cards, the output is too limited. I believe Yamper has hidden potential to shine, as an addition to “infinite” loop decks that need continuous discard fodder; you can use Make Do on two balls that were previously played for searching and get back two more cards with a Scoop Up Net, that sounds decent.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Well, this has potential. However, there’s one big problem. Galarian Mr. Rime is an Evolution Pokémon. No, I’m not just hating on Evolution Pokémon, let me explain. The current search we have for Evolution Pokémon isn’t that limited, but, they’re not “Balls.” Evolution Incense and Pokémon Communication, one or the other is always necessary in an Evolution Deck at decent counts to ensure consistency. But, these won’t provide to the power of Mr. Rime’s attack, which is very unfortunate, later game, you’ll be unable to turn extra search cards into damage. Also, there are only 3 “Balls” in Standard at the moment: Pokeball, Great Ball, and Quick Ball. Quick Ball is best of these, and your deck won’t be able to run with just these “Ball” cards, the output is too limited. I believe Yamper has hidden potential to shine, as an addition to “infinite” loop decks that need continuous discard fodder; you can use Make Do on two balls that were previously played for searching and get back two more cards with a Scoop Up Net, that sounds decent.
That might actually be good though. Relying less on the balls to actually get the Pokémon in play would be a boon to the strategy. Not saying your argument about the deck not getting up attack power is bad, it makes it total sense, I’m just saying that, space aside, the use of non-ball Pokémon search items would be an improvement.

Ethan R

Aspiring Trainer
Just a note, cherish ball is legal

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
galarian mr rime with ball guy and apricorn maker in expanded sounds fun
Ah yes, my old friend Apricorn maker. Great card; artwork is great, effect is great, full-art is great, Sunkern photobomb is great. ;) This deck would be a lot better in expanded, with more balls and more recycling strategies. In unlimited this strategy might be just plain whacky, with Trash Exchange shuffling your discard pile into your deck and discarding a card for each card shuffled in from the top of your deck, but that might not be as good as I thought.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Both these cards likely would've been great several years ago, but currently the average HP levels are far too high for either of these cards to be good. Mr. Rime takes, in the best case scenario, 5 discards and a Vitality Band or Galarian Zigzagoon to one-hit KO a Zacian, which is the lowest HP attacker that you'll commonly see in standard. Even with Yamper for recovery there's simply no way for that to be sustainable long-term. Boltund also feels several years too late, in a format with Rainbow Energy it would be good as a tech to hit for weakness in the same way Raichu XY was for years.

It's unfortunate that for a one-prize Pokemon to be good they have to be capable of doing nearly 300 damage for minimal attachments every turn, otherwise no matter how interesting they are they're doomed to unplayability.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
That Yamper gives me vibes of the Mareep card from Neo Discovery. I like it.

148528.jpg

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Aegislash - one word, ehh. The shield Forme sounds very weak in the dmg output. Plus, we already have one... as a Basic, although it costs M L F, and it does significant dmg. Blade Forme, still ehh. Although, 210 is a lot, it discards 2 M energy on a Stage 2. Not worth using Metal Saucer on it. Just use Zacian. 2/2

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
That's a cool way to implement the in game mechanic, it would be cool if the shield form also had 10 or 20 more HP as well

arulz

THE SEEKER
Would it kill them to make a good aegislash

or any 2 worth playing as an attacker or that matter

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Among all of the other problems going on with the TCG right now, I'm also getting tired of seeing the same Pokemon get multiple prints per year while others don't exist. Roggenrola, Frillish and Timburr are all in the SWSH games, where are their cards? Nah, here's the fifth Coaloassol and Aegislash we've gotten since Gen 8's TCG began instead.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Among all of the other problems going on with the TCG right now, I'm also getting tired of seeing the same Pokemon get multiple prints per year while others don't exist. Roggenrola, Frillish and Timburr are all in the SWSH games, where are their cards? Nah, here's the fifth Coaloassol and Aegislash we've gotten since Gen 8's TCG began instead.
Aegislash I can understand (and kinda agree on), but Coalossal is a Gen 8 mon, so it kinda makes sense for it to appear more often. Furthermore, this is only the second (original) Carkol card, so had it not been that the same Coalossal tecnically got 5 different cards, I'm not sure you'd feel the same way about that one :p

I do really want a Gigalith V card though, now that you mention that line haha

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
hm... their abilities are just copy pasted from the XY base set Aegislash, but I don't mind too much since they were cool abilities. And their attacks... the effects are also copy pasted from cards we've gotten in the past year. Maybe not the worst in terms of being playable, and both have awesome artwork, but the card designers kinda slacked on these...

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
You can dusk stone these so many they are a little more playable? IDK, still seems bad, especially with adp in the format.