• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Battle Road winning Ho-oh list.

Infinity said:
Terrakion handles Sigilyph.

how so? what good player will KO your mon with sigilyph while you have a terrakion on bench? terrakion is likely to just become catcher fodder until the opponent KOs it or draws an eviolite to protect their sig with.

my first ho-oh builds played terrakion, but i found that it wasnt worth putting it on my bench since all it did was waste my switches and allow the opponent to stall. the only time he was ever useful was when i could drop him + energy switch on a turn after the opponent KO'd something. in those situations he put in work but i found it too inconsistent to try and fish for all 3 combo pieces required to do that play.

@ kadyshack - i do like bouffalant DRX in here alot, but taking out sigilyph makes you unable to sigilyph war against the opponent, leaving your only outs to the mon being bouffalant and terrakion. like i said previously, if the opponent is smart terrakion and bouffalant will have to 2 or 3HKO it. tbh i'd rather take out terrakions than sigilyph.

ryuninja said:
how so? what good player will KO your mon with sigilyph while you have a terrakion on bench? terrakion is likely to just become catcher fodder until the opponent KOs it or draws an eviolite to protect their sig with.

my first ho-oh builds played terrakion, but i found that it wasnt worth putting it on my bench since all it did was waste my switches and allow the opponent to stall. the only time he was ever useful was when i could drop him + energy switch on a turn after the opponent KO'd something. in those situations he put in work but i found it too inconsistent to try and fish for all 3 combo pieces required to do that play.

@ kadyshack - i do like bouffalant DRX in here alot, but taking out sigilyph makes you unable to sigilyph war against the opponent, leaving your only outs to the mon being bouffalant and terrakion. like i said previously, if the opponent is smart terrakion and bouffalant will have to 2 or 3HKO it. tbh i'd rather take out terrakions than sigilyph.
HOw do you beat Darkrai/Hydregion without Terrakion?

spiritomb said:
What about tornadus and terrakion then. My point is if the op was to lazy to write the obvious ones, then how do I know the less obvious ones, let alone how do I know this deck is actually b+w and on. How do u Pokemon Joe know I'm being difficult? I care about the results of this deck. Especially since I built it too. And it seems ur being sarcastic which is a waste of a post and thus against the rules to flame.

Because you keep whining about how your way is the correct way, when it doesn't matter.
Sarcasm should be a signal for you to stop talking.

Anyways,

I highly suggest taking out a metal for another fighting, and that Tornadus for another psychic.

- 1 Metal
- 1 Tornadus

+ 1 Fighting
+ 1 Psychic

This will allow you to use those counters more often.
It may hurt your consistency, but it is your choice to include this.

ussgordoncaptain said:
HOw do you beat Darkrai/Hydregion without Terrakion?

aggression. slowing their set-up and taking early prizes is the key to beating them in this match-up. sigilyph, bouffalant, and mewtwo also put in work here.

I have to agree with Spiritomb a bit, there is a huge difference between Terrakion NVI and Terrakion EX. Winning Battle Roads is no excuse for leaving out a strategy and having a vague Pokemon list. Not everyone has heard of this deck. That being said, I'm still not 100% sure whether or not the OP means Terrakion NVI or the EX. I'm going to assume EX.

Anyways, I don't think 4 Ho-oh EX is really necessary. 3 is definitely enough, so I would leave that as is. I think running 4 Random Receiver would be excellent though, instead of some of the Bianca. Juniper/N are more useful in my opinion. Pretty solid list otherwise, there's not a whole lot you can really change or improve.

Back