Guts/Skill Link
Adamant Nature
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Spe, 252 Att, 4 HP
Pin Missile
Rock Blast
Arm Thrust
Earthquake

Durant will get Entrainment off 1st turn. Jolly Nature and Max Speed EVs/IVs gives me 177 before Choice, 265 total. The other moves are in case he can revenge kill something if Mega Heracross faints, but those moves will not likely be used. Choice Scarf for speed, Focus Sash for sturdiness, is there any reason Focus Sash would fail? Are there multi-hit moves in Battle Maison that could KO Durant?
After running some numbers:
252+ Attack 5 hit Water Shuriken from Physical Greninja <50%
252+ Attack 5 hit Arm Thrust from Heracross <50%
252+ Attack 5 hit Bonemerang from Marowak w/Thick Club OHKO, but Durant would outspeed unless Quick Claw, which would be only about 75%
252+ Attack 5 hit Rock Blast from Rhyperior <85%
252+ Attack 2 hit Double Kick from Terrakion <75%
252+ Attack 3 hit Triple Kick from Hitmontop <35%
Anything else?

Blaziken I’m torn between. Protect will naturally outspeed all threats after a boost, but do I want a defensive Blaziken with Substitute, or a potential revenge-killer with a Fire Gem Boosted Flare Blitz, in case of Taunt or Mega Heracross fainting? Hone Claws >>> Swords Dance, PP Ups would be used on Protect. More Defense makes stronger substitutes, but I'm going Max HP for both anyway. Is there another item that would be better than Fire Gem?

Heracross has Guts in case of hax status (Toxic Spikes maybe, or does Baton Pass prevent poison?), Moxie is unneeded when +6 Attack anyway, and harder to breed for ;). Pin Missile for 187.5 base power as main attack, unless Super Effective Hits are available, Rock Blast for coverage. Arm Thrust > Close Combat with +6 Attack, and the ability to break sash, and common Sturdy Pokemon that resist Bug/Rock (without the drop in defenses which can hurt when faced with priority). Earthquake mostly there for Aegislash, but also Nidoking/Queen, Toxicroak, and Golurk, none of which have Sturdy.

Thoughts?

No. The AI's lack of switching is the way to use this exploit. Outside of U-turn/Volt Switch, and stuff like Explosion, the first Pokemon will remain.

Looks like your team wins then. All the time. Just takes awhile time-wise to execute the strategy.
Edit: Hm, just thought about this. If the AI has a Talonflame with Gale Wings you are done for... i don't really know how to fix that problem...

I guess bottom line, which is more important: substitute or flare blitz?
And Gale Wings is just priority, not breaking thru Truant, which is a double crippler. She can BB Durant then get entrained to loaf around as I switch to Blaziken, which Protect out-prioritizes Gale.

Too bad there are HA's in Battle Maison, just more to prepare for. When I lose, I'll repost what beat me :O

Thank you, I was thinking about that a little bit ago. I guess that would put the vote to Blaziken with sub.
Turn1 Durant uses entrainment, gets damaged
Turn2 switch to Blaziken
Turn3 Substitute
Turn4-15 Protect/Hone Claws
Turn16 switch (or Protect depending on loafing)
KO first Pokemon, watch Talonflame come in, take BB with sub, KO with Rock Blast
Opponent can't have a 2nd Talonflame, even priority won't KO Mega Heracross, (might need to run #s for defense EVs, final KO.
Ugh that's a lot of turns

EDIT: Scizor w/ Technician BP does 40%, about the same with Lucario's ES and Aegislash's blade forme Shadow Sneak. Maybe Kings Rock activation twice :p

grantm1999 said:
Looks like your team wins then. All the time. Just takes awhile time-wise to execute the strategy.
Edit: Hm, just thought about this. If the AI has a Talonflame with Gale Wings you are done for... i don't really know how to fix that problem...

I've gone through this mode a few times, and it seems like the AI only uses Flame Body Talonflame. I've played through to get 3 different Super Battle trophies and have yet to come across Gale Wings.

Well, at 51 wins, just after beating the boss with the 3 genies, I haven't lost yet, although I had 2 battles that gave me a good scare:
The first was only battle 19.
Durant's out vs Scrafty. Scrafty starts with Fake Out, which breaks Sash. As I'm Truant, he puts up a sub, preventing entrainment. (I wasn't sure if sub prevented entrainment, but it doesn't. After a Focus Punch, Durant's gone.
Knowing I cannot fully set up, I try to get as many Hone Claws as I can and try to BP them.
Another Focus Punch smashes my face and KO's my Blaziken.
O.O
Really? Only 19 battles in and I lose with this "foolproof" team?
Well, Mega Heracross, with 0 Attack, 0 Speed, and 0 Accuracy boosts reminds me why he's there. With 185 base attack, boosts aren't really needed to still KO Pokemon with Skill Link attacks. I use Arm Thrust, breaks sub, but not quite the KO. Scrafty uses BULK UP. I KO, and move on. Tentacruel got OHKO'd by Earthquake, and Tyranitar, well duh.

Battle #42 was my first with legendaries. I made quick work of Landorus, Heatran, and Regice, no problems.

Battle #51, right after the Battle Boss, was strange. Glaceon Detected, then hit with Blizzard. Didn't go for the Detect again, but Entrainment MISSED. Likely due to Brightpowder, but there's no way around that. A 2nd Blizzard KO's Durant, on to Blaziken.
Figuring Blaziken can withstand a Blizzard due to resistance, I go for Hone Claws to try to BP at least 1 attack and accuracy boost. Blaziken survives, but gets frozen. Luckily, I thawed immediately. I Protect for an extra speed boost, and BP +1/+2/+1 accuracy to Heracross. Without Truant, (regular) Heracross had to take a Blizzard to the face, and survived with (only) ~30% left. I Rock Blast and KO Glaceon. Then I RB Flareon. Finally I Pin Missile Wailord, and decided to take a break.

Nearly all the rest of the battles were simple, doing the same thing each time. I did have to prematurely BP to Heracross when a couple Guts/Flame Orb Machamps and Throh were slowly killing themselves, and I didn't want Heracross to take the hit, but honestly Heracross can probably KO the field with just +2/+2, but to be safe, I try to get all 6 in, for the accuracy boosts if nothing else. If Brightpowder is a thing, then I want 243% Accuracy.

I'm at 213 BP after those battles, all on my first Super Singles attempt. Now that I'm getting 7 BP per battle, I can get upwards of 350 more if I make it to 100. 700 BP after that to get to 200.

*I'm also going to point out I've been using Flare Blitz Blaziken with Attack and Speed EVs, so I do not have substitute. I've never used FB because Mega Heracross has not fainted yet. I'm more and more sure that substitute will be more beneficial. I also have Durant, which neutrally hits about 86% of all Pokemon, I could get a miraculous comeback.

That's my story so far, I'll probably post when I lose or make it to 100.

Sub Punch Scrafty is something that happens A LOT. Too much, really. I'm surprised you didn't see a bunch of annoying Swagger spam teams, which is what shut down my team after so much confuse hax.

And yeah, AI using Bright Powder is definitely a thing.

Anyways, congrats on how you've done so far!

This is a RMT thread, not a battle discussion thread, or a thread about the Battle Maison. Remember to keep any conversation on how the team can improve. If you don't have any feedback to give, then don't post saying stuff like "Yeah, it seems the combo is good, you can easily win". Any such posts will be removed.
Continue.

Back