Battle Festa 2014

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
edit- well my pictures turned out jumbo sized. I saw the post about how making good posts is important. Hopefully I want get a strike for tying to post some information without being a computer expert.

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is where I should post this, seems like the best place.

I managed to make the second half of the Battle Festa 2014 in Tokyo last week and took a few pictures with my camera phone and thought I would comment on what it was like. I hope my pictures work out, first time posting pics on this forum.

The event was held at Sunshine City, a large shopping mall with a convention complex. They were running single and team games 1v1 and 3v3 and there were also lots of the Japanese Pokemon video games that you find in amusement centres here. The age range was from 2 or 3 to 50, with probably half over the the people being kids with their parents.

They had an area for little kids. Every so often then had a dancing Pikachu show going on. Very cool for parents who also had toddlers.

gN8QjkX.jpg

bpkmkq9.jpg

This a picture of the 3v3 area. It seemed to be the busiest area at the event.

r4TMFah.jpg

This was the 1v1 area. I think they were the ones to win the special gold, silver, bronze cards. I forgot to take a picture of the cards.

[
auPKjh0.jpg

Exclusive product

For sale there was a pin and a shoebox?. The box was about the size of two 1,000 count boxes. I bought a few of the pin so I know there was a maximum of 5 per customer, not sure about the box, but guessing the same. The guy told me they would only be for sale at the Battle Festas.

EAMgZ4x.jpg

This is what I picked up.

l7bbi50.jpg
The Pikachu card was easy to get for everyone, but was hard to get from people. Plus a lot of people at the event didn't even sleeve their cards, so many copies got damaged just at the event, ex/sp condition.

The Absol was actually pretty hard to get at the Tokyo event, they might be easier to get at the other 3 events. You needed 12 points to get the Absol set, not sure how many points you got if you won an event. One guy told me it took him 3 hours to do one event. You could also get the points cards if you stayed until near the end of the event.

Overall it was a really cool event with the only problems being the lack of seating for non-players, as you can see in my kids Pikachu picture and the lack of vendors. The only vendor was the Pokemon store and they only had the two exclusive items and packs and Pokemon sleeves and a couple more items. If you wanted penny sleeves or a card for a deck you had to get them from another player.

That looks and sounds like it was an amazing event! I wish I could have attended one! They seriously should do stuff like this stateside. The Pikachu show looks adorable and the woman in the fire-themed outfit on stage is pretty cute. :) I guess here in the United States we're too busy being super competitive that we can't just have fun with Pokemon haha. And I'm definitely guilty of having the "stop having fun, shut up and play" attitude sometimes.

Back