'Battle Arena Decks: Mewtwo vs. Darkrai' Contents and Photos!

IF this is sold for only 30 $, then I have to pick up a couple of these. the 4 sycamore, 2 N, the 1 VS seeker, bats, sableyes, zoroarks, max potion, and the exs make this worth(excluding everything else) around 65$, which is pretty ridiculous. but it still sucks that they're still unplayable in standard.

Just to be clear anything already Standard legal that is in the set is still Standard legal; so for example if you buy this you can use the four Professor Sycamore, lone VS Seeker etc. in either format. You just can't use something like Darkrai-EX in Standard because copies of it in this product are identical to its original release to avoid counting as... is referring to it as a reprint or a re-release less confusing? Well whichever one the rules refer to when a "new" card is the same as an older card except for things like set stamp and collector number and thus all previous printings become legal.

A bit odd but with Expanded being a heavier focus this year (and that fact that I really do not want many of these older cards back in Standard), a good thing.

But doesn't this mean that the value of these expensive cards in here will deteriorate in value due to its easy access? Such as when an EX loses some value due to it being a tin promo and so on?

If this increases the supply enough to significantly blunt demand, then yes. That is hardly a bad thing; the only benefit those that make this game receive from the secondary market is that it sometimes fuels purchases in the primary market, namely card shops that sell singles buying a few boxes for their initial inventory, and even that is probably from a distributor and not TPCi (or whichever official company is relevant). TCGs tend to be a lousy store of value for this reason; cards don't have much inherent worth because they are just colorful bits of cardboard (sometimes with shiny foil) and their value is dependent upon how available the manufacturer makes them versus the demand by collectors and players.

Plus any competent businesses should have known about this product ahead of time (they probably had their vendors trying to get them to preorder it!) so they have had plenty of time to adjust unless they were sitting on a stupidly huge amount of all of these cards and/or horribly overpaid for what they already had.

This is arguably the best deal of Pokemon Cards we have been offered in a LOOOONG time. This rivals the Red Genesect Box in terms of bang for your buck. There's some fantastic cards in there. This is honestly how our theme decks should be modeled. Less energy and clunky evo lines and MORE TRAINERS!

looking around i'm seeing these go for as low as 25 USD, need to find Canadian pricing though

I'm definitely gonna have to grab one, maybe two, of these. The trainers alone are worth it. Bats are easy enough to trade off considering how high the price has gotten lately. I'm glad they're continuing doing the holo energies, I absolutely love them.

I didn't even think of Devo Spray with Bats :p

This is awesome! Great way to make cards easier to get for newer players!

This really reminds me of MtG's Duel Decks, two decks which the singles are often worth more than the MSRP of the product, and are relatively balanced when played against each other.

Does anyone know if these two decks are balanced against each other? I'm suspecting the Darkrai EX deck has a bit of an edge over the Mewtwo EX deck just because all the Pokemon except for Sableye are resistant to Psychic, but does anyone know for sure? I collect MtG's duel decks because I think the deckbuilding aspect of the game is rather tedious, I'd definitely consider getting this (and maybe even last years one if I can find it at a decent price) if they were balanced against each other.

This is arguably the best value I have ever seen in a Pokemon TCG product, ever. Everyone, especially beginners to the TCG, should get a copy ASAP because this will sell out *fast*. (I've already got mine.)

This really reminds me of MtG's Duel Decks, two decks which the singles are often worth more than the MSRP of the product, and are relatively balanced when played against each other.

Does anyone know if these two decks are balanced against each other? I'm suspecting the Darkrai EX deck has a bit of an edge over the Mewtwo EX deck just because all the Pokemon except for Sableye are resistant to Psychic, but does anyone know for sure? I collect MtG's duel decks because I think the deckbuilding aspect of the game is rather tedious, I'd definitely consider getting this (and maybe even last years one if I can find it at a decent price) if they were balanced against each other.

I played one of my friends at my league yesterday and they were pretty balanced. To be honest the Psychic resistance didn't really matter at all during that game. But that was just during one game so I wouldn't know in the long run.

Back