• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bats and Crocs (Krooodile EX / Crobat)

PoohBear-Ex

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16

• 3x Krookodile-EX (xy-promo)
    4-4-4x Crobat (PHF)
    1x Sigilyph (Safeguard)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 2x AZ
    2x Colress
    2x Lysandre
    1x Lysandre's Trump Card
    3x N
    2x Pokemon Fan Club
    4x Professor Sycamore

2x Shadow Circle
    3x Muscle Band
    2x Escape Rope
    1x Professor's Letter
    1x Super Scoop up
    1x Scoop up Cyclone
    4x Ultra Ball
    3x VS Seeker
Energy: 11

• 7 Darkness Energy
    4 Double Colorless

Strategy:
Mind you, I'm not sure how 'competitive' this deck is, but it's a fun strategy, works and wins.

The main strategy of the deck is simple, put free damage on the enemy using Golbat and Crobat, then hit them hard with Krookodile-ex's second bite, which does an extra 10 damage for each damage counter on the opponents pokemon. Essentially the math works out to, (the opponents existing damage x 2) + 40.

A single Golbat+Crobat gives you 50 damage, Second Bite then turns that into 90 damage, so you get 140 damage, then add a muscle band that's 160 damage. Although some big Ex Pokemon can hit harder if they get the energy on, the bats and croc done right means you get set up pokemon for a knock out before they ever hit the active slot. However don't be afraid to use Megaton Fang to knock out super beefy Pokemon, although the damage is only 130, 150 with a Muscle Band, if you've already been hitting them with Golbat and Crobat, that can easily give you a secure Knock out. Finally for those super beefy Mega Evolutions, the damage total for a Megaton Fang then a Second Bite is 300 Damage, this is not factoring in Bat damage and boosts, so just something to keep in mind.

Sigilyph is there for protection and stalling as you set up bats and Crocs.

It looks good and has a pretty simple strategy too it. There are a couple changes you may want to consider to help the decks consistency.

-1 Rare Candy
-2 Evosoda
-2 Float Stone
-1 Krookodile EX
-1 Darkness Energy.
-1 Sigilyph
-1 Lysandre

+2 N
+1 Sycamore
+2 AZ
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Cyclone Scoop Up
+1 Escape Rope
+1 Muscle Band

Those are just changes I would make from personal experience playing similar decks. If there any changes you need an explanation for specifically I'd be happy to explain each and every subtraction and addition to the deck but overall this should help the deck preform much more consistently.

Naw the changes make sense, but in terms of the Pokemon they are fine, just some optimal changes to the trainers?
And actually I added Wobbufet as another wall

PoohBear-Ex said:
Naw the changes make sense, but in terms of the Pokemon they are fine, just some optimal changes to the trainers?

Yeah pokemon are fine, I mean I suggested cutting one Krook and one Sigilyph mainly just because you don't need 4 Krookodile and I think the 1 Sigilyph is plenty stall for a deck that can't actually attack with it.

The trainers have just been from experience but obviously play with them as you see fit. Certain ones like rare candy and evosoda I think should just be cut because they don't help the deck at all imo also hen you're running 3 VS Seeker I don't see a need to run 2 Lysandre especially since you can snipe the bench.

FYI, when using Evosoda to evolve Zubat into Golbat, or Golbat into Crobat, you won't be able to use their abilities ("When you play this Pokemon from your hand..."). You would get the benefits of Crobat's ability when using Rare Candy, but why skip over the Golbat stage when that's two more damage counters you're missing out on?

I'd suggest upping your draw support (4 Sycamore, 4 N) and lowering your Super Scoop Up count. 1 AZ ought to be sufficient with 3 VS Seeker. Max out your Ultra Ball and Muscle Band. I'd also consider running Shadow Circle over Dimensional Valley. If you need Crobat to attack, chances are you have a single energy to spare, whereas having a Fighting weakness can end up being a quick game for ol' Krookodile.

I agree with Pat that 3 Krookodile EX is sufficient, as well as 1 Sigilyph. Wobbuffet could be useful, and therefore make Dimensional Valley more useful, but I think you'd be getting away from the Krookodile EX focus. Hope this was helpful!

Thank you all for the advice, I'll update the deck list in the front after I try a few suggestions out and see which one I think is the best.
*edit
I updated the front with the suggestions, and with I think is the best ones.

The decklist looks a lot cleaner. I still think you could afford to cut the Super Scoop Up (flips, gross) and an AZ for a 4th Muscle Band and 3rd Pokemon Fan Club, which really helps you get one in your starting hand.

The reason I say a 4th Muscle Band is because Krookodile's Second Bite does 40+10 more for each damage counter on the defending Pokemon (as you know :D). So, if you drop 20 damage with a Golbat + 40 from Second Bite, you're looking at 60 damage. With a Muscle Band you're looking at a guaranteed 2HKO even if you aren't able to get another Bat going (and if you are, great, start setting up the next victim on the bench). Plus, given Krookodile EX's relatively high energy costs, a Head Ringer would be devastating. What's the best defense? A Muscle Band of your own already filling that slot.

Krookodile is one of my favorite Pokemon for some unimaginable reason haha which is probably why I'm taking such an interest in your list. Good luck!

Krookodile might be my favorite pokemon of gen 5.
I've actually been thinking of putting in a second letter, just because of how expensive Krookodile can be.

Back