Discussion Banned Cards Update

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
I am sure all of you are aware there is a banned list update effective August this year. Ancient Power Archeops and Forest of Giant Plants is banned for the Expanded format and with Forest banned, Shiftry is now removed from the list. here is the link from my messenger:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/sun-moon-...list-and-rule-changes-quarterly-announcement/

Hope this helps you get planned for the next season.

I personally think DeciPlume will see less action and Forest's Curse Trevenant will be seeing a lot more play.

Welcome back Giant Fan Shiftry!!! Not that it's a great card w/o Forest, but still...

Glad I sold my Decidueyes when I did. It won't even see play in Expanded now lol

Still relying on a coin flip but it'll fun to troll your opponent after getting set up.

You can still get Decidueye in play (Wally, Evosoda, Rare Candy, Diancie from Burning Shadows, Timer Ball to help a bit. )

You can still get Decidueye in play (Wally, Evosoda, Rare Candy, Diancie from Burning Shadows, Timer Ball to help a bit. )
True, but without Forest it just got a whole lot harder to get out three or more and sustain that the entire game. Decidueye Plume without Forest will be horrible IMO, and Decidueye Ninetales without Forest will be clunky (but much better than DeciPlume without Forest). Not saying that Decidueye is dead without Forest, but it is definitely much, much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I didn't play Deciplume or something, but will however miss it. Look at the recent regionals, such decks weren't dominant, but IMHO they kept the balance between top decks right. But guess Golisopod, maybe Tapu Bulu and such will take over the top grass decks.

Grass has simply gotten too much of a boost for them not to ban Forest, although it did come as a surprise to me for them to do it.

Archeops being banned is a interesting call, it certainly helps evolution decks like Blastoise possibly regain a foothold, and it stops Darkness variants from having an even stronger presence than they already do just from having Maxie's.

Back