Ban Mewtwo EX?

The problem with some of you guys is that if you see someone play anything not Zek-Eels or CMT, you're assuming him to be a bad player. In my meta, there are a few experienced Reshiboar and Durant players. A true good player doesn't think "Oh he's playing Reshiboar, he must be average to bad". A good player's mindset should be "I don't care what you play, I tested all I can, I know how to play against your deck, I don't care if you're good or bad, I'm just here to play a good game and hopefully win and not get killed by bad draw."

Assumptions are bad, underestimating an opponent is the worst thing that you could do.

Onto the topic, Mewtwo EX should not be banned. It's pretty nice to play Mewtwo Wars Mind Games with your opponents to be honest. Stage 2 decks are still viable but not as much as the old days. Catcher is better than Reversal because honestly, I hate bad luck which is why I still think N is the most broken card in the format.

I honestly think ZekEels will survive without Mewtwo EX, hell it makes Zek-eels the clear cut BDIF if that happens lol.

Riskbreakers said:
The problem with some of you guys is that if you see someone play anything not Zek-Eels or CMT, you're assuming him to be a bad player. In my meta, there are a few experienced Reshiboar and Durant players. A true good player doesn't think "Oh he's playing Reshiboar, he must be average to bad". A good player's mindset should be "I don't care what you play, I tested all I can, I know how to play against your deck, I don't care if you're good or bad, I'm just here to play a good game and hopefully win and not get killed by bad draw."

Assumptions are bad, underestimating an opponent is the worst thing that you could do.

Onto the topic, Mewtwo EX should not be banned. It's pretty nice to play Mewtwo Wars Mind Games with your opponents to be honest. Stage 2 decks are still viable but not as much as the old days. Catcher is better than Reversal because honestly, I hate bad luck which is why I still think N is the most broken card in the format.

I honestly think ZekEels will survive without Mewtwo EX, hell it makes Zek-eels the clear cut BDIF if that happens lol.

thank you! ^^

I agree, a good player isn't going to just be restricted to Zeels/CMT/Terrakion hate decks. In fact a good player is stressed to think outside of the box and playing "non viable" Stage 2's and rouges could actually be a very smart play because those are the decks that no one tests against! I read recently that a good player should see everyone, no matter what deck they play, as a threat that they need to be ruthless against in order to make the cut. Which of course there mind set shouldn't be signing they're opponent off as a noob because they are playing Tyram. I've read several stories of players winning these spring battle roads with reshiboar, less recent proof would have to be the guy who took liligant to Regionals and came in 3rd (I have very high respect for him) and dating all the way back to last worlds, we have google taking the rouge Truth deck and placing second (this was back when ZPS and T1 120 were popular so the format was still fast paced)

I also agree that mewtwo, while very good, keeps strategy in the game, while things like Magnezone, mew, zekrom EX, Regigigas EX, etc. all give him a really hard time, so he's not broken/needs to be banned.

Cinema said:
Mewtwos are only played in that deck to counter other Mewtwos, especially against CMT. Many games never involve Mewtwo. There isn't a problem with Mewtwo at all, and saying the format would collapse without it is completely off base.

Really? Every deck that I played at BR that used Mewtwo EX used it against other stuff.
The Pikachu Mafia said:
I suppose :/ but darkrai's main purpose is to give free retreat and act as an okay attacker.... not to counter mewtwo..
Yeah, I know, but, Darkrai makes Mewtwo less common, as it can't get damage on Darkrai easily

Blui129 said:
Really? Every deck that I played at BR that used Mewtwo EX used it against other stuff.
Yeah, I know, but, Darkrai makes Mewtwo less common, as it can't get damage on Darkrai easily

Which is why a deck that has Mewtwo as it's primary attacker will fail. Mewtwo is meant to be a deck's secondary attacker and a check against other Mewtwos. Take Zek-Eels. Thundurus and Zekrom are still that deck's main options to attack. Mewtwo is only used when you really are desperate or the situation is good to play it.

^ the only reason why you would switch over to mewtwo as your main is if your opponent doesn't have any (which should be a rare occasion nowadays....)

Back