Ball Guy from S4a "Shiny Volt Tackle" Revealed!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Last edited:

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
SNOOOOOOOOOOM! awmigawsh he's adowable

my life goal is now to pull every Snom card. I need to pull these buggy bois from the boosters myself. Even the shiny one. English and Japanese

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Not bad. It's a powercreeped Apricorn Ball Maker, and by pulling 3 Quick Balls you can easily chain a Crobat, then a Dedenne, then a Zacian or whatever else you need.

The main problem I'm seeing is that you would probably run out of Quick Balls first - and we only have one another "good" ball in the format, Cherish Ball. Maybe once they start to reprint Nest Balls, Dive Balls, Level Balls, or whatever else, it may start to see more use.

Cue2Power

Cramorant is Godly
So ball guy can search pokeball items and other ball guy supporters... Neat! Maybe it would give people a reason to use great ball... or at least cherish ball would be better

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
"This entire set will become part of our special 4.5 set in February"

Are you certain about that? Seems to me this would mostly be saved for next years holiday set, at least the shiny cards. If they are making something fancy for their 25th anniversary I think it will be something no one has seen yet.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
"This entire set will become part of our special 4.5 set in February"

Are you certain about that? Seems to me this would mostly be saved for next years holiday set, at least the shiny cards. If they are making something fancy for their 25th anniversary I think it will be something no one has seen yet.

Yes. We already have evidence that Shiny Star V is part of our February set.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
So ball guy can search pokeball items and other ball guy supporters... Neat! Maybe it would give people a reason to use great ball... or at least cherish ball would be better
Ball Guy cannot search for other Supporter, only Items.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
In Expanded, Ball Guy's a pretty easy way to search 2 Level Balls + Quick Ball and find Jirachi Prism, Mr. Mime, and Oranguru. If your deck opts for Jirachi EX for Scoop Up Net synergy, Level Ball is a pretty legitimate option.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
The choices of reprinted cards are a bit different than before. Often it were the most playable cards of previous sets. However, people will mostly collect it for the shining Pokémon anyway.
While I have nothing against the shining Pokémon, it doesn't feel exciting having it once more and looking almost the same. We could use something like the radiant collections again.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
So a lot of people think Research, and Boss will last for a while... but Research and Boss are still printed with the "D" art. Should one who just ordered their max rarity supporters IRL be worried, or do we think they'll skip over E for reprints and just print them for "F" block to save them from rotation? Any thoughts?