Art Gallery baconbasket's Traditional Artworks

baconbasket

Aspiring Trainer
Hello!

Just another artist looking to get his art out to the masses! I would love your guys' support and feedback as well! I'll see you all around!

1485464894.baconbasket_vulpix_final.jpeg
1485296933.baconbasket_espeon.jpeg
1485207519.baconbasket_jolteon.png
21989130@400-1485328918.jpg
1481322227.baconbasket_15491561_10207259302353068_1073193688_o.jpg

Last edited:
These are really great drawings! The coloring and shading are in a really high level. You have a really good hand :)
It seems that you are very strong with drawing them in front of the observer rather than drawing them to the side like Jolteon. Jolteon's body is perfect, but the face seems to be as if it is at the same frontal position like Vulpix. Notice that when we face the side rather than the front, our nose and our mouth will point to that side. That means that the nose and the mouth should go a bit closer to the side jolteon looks at. Also, when we look to the side, our eyes look different in size. The eye that is closer to the point we face to looks smaller, and the other eye look bigger. It's a bit of a nitpick, and in Jolteon's case it is not that noticeable nor dramatic, but you can take it as a general tip in case you think it would be helpful in your other works.

These are really great drawings! The coloring and shading are in a really high level. You have a really good hand :)
It seems that you are very strong with drawing them in front of the observer rather than drawing them to the side like Jolteon. Jolteon's body is perfect, but the face seems to be as if it is at the same frontal position like Vulpix. Notice that when we face the side rather than the front, our nose and our mouth will point to that side. That means that the nose and the mouth should go a bit closer to the side jolteon looks at. Also, when we look to the side, our eyes look different in size. The eye that is closer to the point we face to looks smaller, and the other eye look bigger. It's a bit of a nitpick, and in Jolteon's case it is not that noticeable nor dramatic, but you can take it as a general tip in case you think it would be helpful in your other works.

This is how people become great artists: Because of people like you. No sarcasm at all in that, I'm actually grateful people like you are around.

You made a lot of good points with Jolteon! Perspective really was key, and I did feel I rushed it in a way. I remember I wanted to go for something extremely vibrant, kind of out of character for Jolteon. I usually saw him as like a "skate border" kind of pokemon, so I wanted to make him more cute and happy, something not that often done. I feel Jolteon came out... not TOO bad, but not TOO GOOD, either. I love all of my art, don't get me wrong, but I feel that if I used more of what I knew and am proficient at for Jolteon, like I did with Vaporeon and Vulpix, it would have came out a LOT better. Jolteon would have been GREAT, instead of just okay.

Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

Back