Help Bacephalon GX is good?

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
Anyone have any good deck ideas for Bacephalon GX? It's got so much hype going on, but I don't understand what type of cards would work best with it. Thanks!

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Here's an example of how people are playing it in Standard. Blacephalon GX combos really nicely with the non-GX Naganadel from Lost Thunder, which accelerates energy cards into play. Since you don't have to necessarily remove the energy cards from Blacephalon itself, you can just discard a bunch of energies, bring it into play with Naganadel, and then Mind Blown for a lot of damage.

Other cards that make this deck just so explosive and consistent relative to everything else in the field is Ultra Space to search out your Blacephalon or Poipole/Naganadel, Heat Factory Prism to simultaneously draw and discard energy cards, and Beast Ring to just flood the board with energy. Blacephalon/Nag is the premier OHKO deck of this current Standard format imo.

This list is just something I've been using a bit here and there. It's somewhat minimal in techs, using only a pair of Energy Switch, and the rest is mostly consistency stuff. I don't claim it to be the best list of its kind whatsoever, but it gives you an idea of how it's played. Other considerations include Kiawe, Naganadel GX (you can use Stinger GX against stall decks which triggers Beast Ring and you can run them over pretty easily from there), Plumeria, Hala, Choice Helmet, Lysandre Labs, etc.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 4 Blacephalon-GX LOT 52
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Poipole FLI 55
* 3 Poipole LOT 107
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Naganadel LOT 108

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Heat Factory {*} LOT 178
* 4 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Sophocles BUS 123
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Energy Switch CES 129
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Ultra Space FLI 115
* 1 Sightseer LOT 189

##Energy - 16

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 15 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

As for Expanded, it seems to show a lot of promise. We'll see for sure at Anaheim but the fact that you have access to Blacksmith, Volcanion, Battle Compressor, Scorched Earth, and so forth makes Blacephalon at least appear to have a lot of potential. Currently, I've been playing around with a variant that focuses on using Volcanion from Steam Siege and Turtonator GX to dump a lot of energy into play early, and then use Blacksmith to power up a Blacephalon in a single turn, and Volcanion EX to pump up its damage output. Again, this may or may not be the best way of playing Blacephalon in Expanded, but it's an idea worth exploring.
Hope this helps!

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I'll definitely try out a deck like this soon.