• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby Dialga/Magnezone

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone!
I do like baby Dialga:
- with its first attack (one metal energy, two colorless energy) it does 60 damages and de-evolve the opponent pokemon. This let Dialga pass through many pokemon, for example Zoroark, Decidueye, both Alolan Ninetales, Gardevoir, Malamar, evolved Ditto, Granbull, and sometimes even Lycanrock. You will take just one prize from them, and your opponent could re-use them the next turn, but it will lose the energies attached, and it is boring for him!
- with its second attack (two metal, two colorless, discard an energy) it hit for 130 damages, which is enough to kill relevant 1 prize pokemon, such as Dhelmise, Shining Lugia, Buzzwole, others Dialga, etc. Moreover, it Ohkoes Alolan Ninetales and Gardevoir for two prizes.

The problem here is energy acceoeration. So I thought that pairing it with Magnezone could be pretty natural. I present a sketch of a list:

Pokemon (12)
3 Dialga (LOT 127)
1 Oranguru (SM 113)
3 Magnemite (UPR 80)
3 Magnezone (UPR 83)
1 Solgaleo Prism Star (UPR 89)
1 Dialga-GX (UPR 100)

Energy (12)
1 Lightning Energy (SM 167)
3 Double Colorless Energy (SM 136)
8 Metal Energy (SM 163)

Item (23)
4 Rare Candy (SM 129)
1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
4 Mt. Coronet (UPR 130)
2 Choice Band (GRI 121)
1 Energy Retrieval (SM 116)
3 Nest Ball (SM 123)
4 Acro Bike (CLS 123)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)

Supporter (13)
2 Volkner (UPR 135)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Cynthia (UPR 119)
2 Professor Kukui (SM 128)
2 Sightseer (LOT 189)

I'm sure it's possible to build ssomething better.

Have you tried a second decklist with Azumarill, It's faster energy acceleration for a 1 prizer, It also moves Special Energy. The only issue with that is you'll need to sport Fairy energy in your deck.

For this one since your running Mt.Coronet maybe Shuckle - It will at least get you energies at the beginning of your match.

I think a metal one-prize attacker deck could be pretty sweet.

Dialga (LOT 127) is awesome, could also maybe think about other metal one-prize attackers such as the non-GX versions of Dusk Mane Necrozma and Celesteela.

Dhelmise can add an extra 10 damage to your attacks, which helps Dialga hit 70 HP basics with Turn Back Time, like if they haven't evolved yet/if you go first.

Would be interested to see more input on this deck.

@Fafnirchaos I did not think about Azumarill, but I think it is not his place here. I see that fatass better in something like a Ho-Oh deck or in ssomethingl like Primarina GX. Moreover, I don't need Shuckle: energies can be discarded with Acro Bike, Ultra Ball, Sightseer, and retreat cost ;)

@Trendy67 I know it could be a nice deck! Are you suggesting to build it as a metal toolbox? With both Registeel, Celesteela, and so on?

Yes! A lot of Magnezone decks pair with something huge, like Metagross GX or Sogaleo GX. Those are ALSO stage 2 Pokémon (a little less consistent), and are worth 2 prizes if KO'd. I think a 1-prize metal toolbox using basics could be fun to try. For the most part they all have enormous energy costs, but that's what Magnezone is for! Can also run DCE's. Celesteela also has a unique resistance to fighting type, so, that's something *shrug* dunno to run it or not but that's what playtesting is for! More possible suggestions: Heatran, Registeel.

Dialga is obv the MVP (because turn back time is SOOO satisfying to hit) but these are just suggestions for other inclusions. I've never built a metal deck before so I don't even know where to start aside from Magnezone.

Thoughts?

I'm happy to see you enjoy the idea! I thought about this:
- Celesteela can be good. In the right turn, it can ohko Buzzwole GX with a Choice Band, and Tapu Lele GX with just a Dhelmise on the bench.
- Dhelmise is needed. Hitting for 70 damages, Dialga can kill Vikavolt, Lycanrock GX when paired with the 70 hp Rockruff, baby Naganadel, Magcarco.
- Registeel CIN can be good as one of. I'm not sure about Registeel CLS.
- Heatran is not that good I think now we have Dialga.
- Sudowoodo is nice in order to prevent Zoroark from ohko Dialga with Devoured Field.
- a Blacephalon counter is needed too, or it will kill everything easily.

I'm happy to see you enjoy the idea! I thought about this:
- Celesteela can be good. In the right turn, it can ohko Buzzwole GX with a Choice Band, and Tapu Lele GX with just a Dhelmise on the bench.
- Dhelmise is needed. Hitting for 70 damages, Dialga can kill Vikavolt, Lycanrock GX when paired with the 70 hp Rockruff, baby Naganadel, Magcarco.
- Registeel CIN can be good as one of. I'm not sure about Registeel CLS.
- Heatran is not that good I think now we have Dialga.
- Sudowoodo is nice in order to prevent Zoroark from ohko Dialga with Devoured Field.
- a Blacephalon counter is needed too, or it will kill everything easily.

Blacephalon can be dealt with baby celesteela plus choice band. Another nice feature in celesteela besides its fighting resistance is its weakness to lightining instead of fire which also helps in the matchup

Nice suggestions guys! I'll try to update the list in this way:

- Oranguru
- 3 Colorless Energy

+ Celesteela
+ 2 Dhelmise
+ Metal Energy

Baby Dialga is the best, I'm using one as a counter for metagross/solgaleo decks and also as extra help for A.Ninetales GX(F) Stage 2 decks.

Guys this deck just does not work. Main problems:
- consistency: it's way to difficult to get Magnezone and Dialga and start attacking early.l
- Buzzwole GX: I can't beat it with Dialga. I need something to deal with it. And no, Celesteela is not sufficient.

Suggestions?

Hi again. Following are a few thoughts based upon our recent battle and my experience:

Your deck is a classic setup deck (inherently "slow") with a main attacker that requires a minimum MCC energy before it can attack. Should your opponent use 1 energy-attachment attackers, you can easily "fall-behind" in the overall board damage count early game. This difference can become significant later, especially if your opponent uses 70+ HP basic Pokémon. Consider integrating a few Metal, 1 energy-attachment basic Pokémon like DM Necrozma (SMP 124), Registeel (CIN 068), etc. that could be potential starters, inflict some damage and take hits while you setup.

The Magnemite UPR081 has an Ability that will protect it from opponent's attack damage when it is on the bench. This Pokémon would be more appropriate than its UPR 080 counterpart.

Why no Tapu Lele GX? Consider running at least 1; it can prove useful in a variety of situations.

The 1 Lightning energy does not seem to be that beneficial at all; so, it could be replaced by something perhaps more effective.

DC energy should be maxed-out in order to maximize your chances of drawing into 1.

You might find that Metal Frying Pan is more useful than Choice Band given the relatively "low" HP of your Pokémon.

Why not use Apricorn Maker vs. Acro Bike? IMO, Apricorn Maker is more effective (despite the fact its a Supporter) than Acro Bike. Apricorn Maker can accelerate your setup more efficiently than Acro Bike.

Integrating Timer Ball can also be useful in getting your bench setup too.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 L
-4 Acro Bike
-2 Volkner
-1 Nest Ball
-1 Ultra Ball

+2 DM Necrozma (Promo) / Registeel (CIN 111)
+1 DC
+2 Metal
+2 Apricorn Maker
+2 Timer Ball

I hope you find these comments helpful.

What an honour Tux! I'm going to try your suggestion. I'm not completely convinced by Apricorn Maker, maybe I'll try Pokemon Fan Club first. Moreover, I don't know if removing all the Volkners can be detrimental to the use of Magnezone. Anyway, I'll try it too.

What an honour Tux! I'm going to try your suggestion. I'm not completely convinced by Apricorn Maker, maybe I'll try Pokemon Fan Club first. Moreover, I don't know if removing all the Volkners can be detrimental to the use of Magnezone. Anyway, I'll try it too.
Understood. Just my opinions; testing will help you confirm what works best for you. Have fun and happy testing!

Glad to see more input on the deck, hope the testing has been going well!

Something else I considered: I know Mt. Coronet is an amazing combo with Magnezone, but I was wondering if Shrine of Punishment would have any value in this deck since you primarily run non-GX Pokemon??

One more: Running Lele is helpful to get a Supporter, and this deck does not have room for Alolan Ninetales GX for item setup. You tried running Volkner before (since it can grab any item card, man I miss Skyla) but what about Steven's Resolve? It's a fantastic turn one play to grab ANY three cards in your deck. It ends your turn, but you aren't attacking the first turn anyway -- even if you go second you need to get set up first, and Steven helps you do that. You could do something like: Magnezone, Rare Candy and a draw supporter for next turn. Depending on what's already in your hand you could search for more cards. I think T1 Lele for Steven is a good way to guarantee you get set up next turn and could certainly help with consistency.

Or I could be totally wrong and don't know what I'm saying. That's what testing is for! :)

I'm building a deck similar to yours, maybe you can use/improve some of the ideas I came up with

I use a mix of Dialga and Celesteela, both are useful depending on the matchup and rely only on basic energies which can be retrived with Mt Coronet as well as searched with Lady (which is a card I'm quite fond of in the list). Lastly, I have 1 stakataka gx in order to have a gx attack available and particularly useful for ending games.

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Celesteela CES 100
* 2 Dialga LOT 127
* 4 Magnemite UPR 80
* 1 Stakataka-GX CES 176
* 4 Magnezone UPR 83
* 1 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Lady FLI 109
* 2 Chris BUS 123
* 3 Mt Coronet UPR 130
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 2 Volkner UPR 135
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

##Energy - 14

* 14 Metal Energy 8

* 2 Chris BUS 123

Really like the list, but... who? Did PTCGO just decide to rename Sophocles? Let's go Chris!

Edit:
There is hope for this deck!
Source: a player in Roanoke is 5-1-0 with a Magnezone deck focusing on Dialga LOT. pic.twitter.com/GiHTt7KDoz
— PokéStats (@PokeStats_TCG) November 24, 2018

At Roanoke Regionals this weekend Joe Turrentine went 6-2-1 (28th place overall!) with a Magnezone/Dialga LOT Deck. Anyone know where to get a decklist??

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I appreciate each of your comments.
This deck, unfortunately, is not doing well. I often lose due to clunky hands, lack of draw power, and lack of secondary attacker.
I tried sooo many variant and now I'm quite sure it was not a good idea :)
But I would like to work more on this, with your help.
The main problem rremains: energy acceleration. I think we can start here again. Any idea over Magnezone? But maybe Magnezone is tthe best choice. I tried Metagross too, but it did not worked.

Last edited:
I found that decklist! (courtesy of /r/pkmntcg):

4 Magnemite UPR 80
3 Magnezone UPR 83
3 Dialga LOT 127
3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX PR-SM102
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

4 Cynthia UPR 119
3 Steven's Resolve CES 145
2 Lady FLI 109
2 Fisherman BKT 136
2 Guzma BUS 115
1 Lillie UPR 125
1 Sightseer LOT 189
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 Rare Candy SUM 129
4 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
3 Acro Bike CES 123

10 Metal Energy
1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117

The deck creator also suggested taking out Sightseer for a Rescue Stretcher and a Lillie for a Choice Band.

Seems like a good list, and instead of going for DM Necrozma GX you could run another Dialga LOT, and maybe two of the NON-GX DM Necrozma's.

I found that decklist! (courtesy of /r/pkmntcg):

4 Magnemite UPR 80
3 Magnezone UPR 83
3 Dialga LOT 127
3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX PR-SM102
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

4 Cynthia UPR 119
3 Steven's Resolve CES 145
2 Lady FLI 109
2 Fisherman BKT 136
2 Guzma BUS 115
1 Lillie UPR 125
1 Sightseer LOT 189
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 Rare Candy SUM 129
4 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
3 Acro Bike CES 123

10 Metal Energy
1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117

The deck creator also suggested taking out Sightseer for a Rescue Stretcher and a Lillie for a Choice Band.

Seems like a good list, and instead of going for DM Necrozma GX you could run another Dialga LOT, and maybe two of the NON-GX DM Necrozma's.

Nice list, thanks for sharing. I'll definitely try it out

By the way, for some unknown reason Sophocles is named Chris in Brazilian Portuguese, I forgot to switch the names when I copied the decklist from PTCGO hehe

Back