• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby Blacephalon

SkittSkat

Saei
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 5

4 Blacephalon UNB 32
1 Blacephalon-GX LOT 219

##Trainer Cards - 39

4 Green’s Exploration UNB 175
4 Welder UNB 189
1 Lt. Surge’s Strategy UNB 178
1 Guzma BUS 115
1 Heat Factory {*} LOT 178
4 Fiery Flint DRM 60
3 Wishful Baton BUS 128
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
1 Field Blower GRI 125
4 Fire Crystal UNB 173
2 Power Plant UNB 183
4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
1 Switch CES 147
2 Beast Ring FLI 102
3 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

##Energy - 16

1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
15 Fire Energy 11

Total Cards - 60

The whole shebang of this deck is the Baby Blacephalon and it's second attack called Fireball Circus, with just 3 R you can string together a line of OHKO. The engine of this deck isn't a traditional Cynthia/Lillie for the draws but instead it's using the new Green's Exploration and Welder cards to search out what you need and to attach multiple energy a turn. Now the next card a single copy of Surge's Strategy for the off chance you are behind and need to set up a new Baby Blacephalon in a single turn. The one copy of Guzma just to be able to pick and choose the threat that needs to be well deleted. The Heat Factory is there just in case you really need to go for the draws which should be hardly ever if I'm being totally honest. 4 copies of Fiery Flint to ditch what you don't need and get those 4 R energy. 3 copies of Wishful Baton to keep your next Baby Blacephalon ready to go without even putting the energies on to it. 4 Nest ball to fill that bench up if needed. Everything is searchable by it so it really eliminates the need or want for Ultra Ball. 1 Field Blower for those pesky Items you want gone before you KO the pokemon. 4 copies of Fire Crystal cause this is one of the reasons this deck works so well. Being able to grab our the 3 R energy from your discard and toss them back into your hand, just adds more fuel to the fire. 2 copies of Power Plant to stop the Lele, or Dedene, along with Zoroark, and even Rayquaza from speeding up their game. 4 Pokegear 3.0 to make sure you hit that supporter every turn. 1 Switch just in case they force you to switch to a Blacephalon that hasn't been powered up yet. 2 Beast Ring for the times you want to power up your bench or active quickly and if you don't need them can always be fodder for the Fiery Flint. 3 Energy Retrieval just to get those two extra energies from the discard if ever needed. The energy that is ran is 15 R Energy, and 1 Beast Energy just to add that extra bit of dmg.

Ultra Space seems a lot more useful than Power Plant, though I certainly see the use for one of them... but this deck feels like a 'fast' deck where you need to optimize your chances to draw setup cards rather than worry about counters.

If you use Ultra Space then you can cut a few nest balls, either for another wishful baton, something else useful, or just acro bikes if you don't have anything you need else.

Not sure I see the value in Field Blower here - unless you're worried about metal decks with metal frying pan I guess?

So cut out a power plant for a wishful baton.

Cut two Nest Balls for two Ultra Space

Also the whole reason I had the field blower in there is for the mirror match really. Being able to slow them down if they set up as quickly as I can by knocking off the baton would help alot.

Yeah, it would help in the mirror match for sure. Question is how often will you face that mirror match - my feeling is other than that, it's going to be mostly dead weight ; and unfortunately you don't care much about most other stadiums that aren't prism stars, the only one really played often are Shrine (who cares) and Viridian Forest (you're cool with that)...

I run four acro bikes, and I find them pretty useful, though they're certainly the first thing I'd cut to add a tech or a salazzle line or something of that nature. They help the early setup, and sometimes having some fire energy start out in discard is helpful, especially if you're running 7 discard retrieval cards.

The Salazzle line tho isn't very viable with the Green's Exploration. So I would rather not run it at all. Do I toss in a second Surge maybe?

I'm not saying run Salazzle, I'm saying run acro bikes. I'm just saying that if I decided I needed to run them that's what I'd toss, but otherwise I like them.

I don't like Surge at all, so I definitely don't recommend a second. :) I find Surge only useful in control/stall decks where you plan to go down in prizes. Blacephalon should not be down in prizes at any point, so it's not really useful, and clogs your hand up.

That's probably what I'd do. By the way, you could look at the other thread in this forum on this deck; the list is very similar to yours but not exactly the same.

Back