BW/BW2 B/W importance for future pokemon games

shinyshadow

Aspiring Trainer
This is about how black and white affected the development of future pokemon games. Graphicly, the game has had major advancements. Characters shaking their heads, tapping their feet and putting their heads in their hands helped the games pacing(slightly) and reflected thoughts of characters. New 3D-2D mixed scenes were well done(notable being the huin city bridge and the city itself), but the main improvement was pokemon moving in-battle. The moves were well done aswell.NPC creativity improved a lot over D/P majorly. Storyline was heavly involved in the game, and characters never developed as a whole over the game. How do you think this affects future pokemon games? How does the more multi-player based gameplay reflect future games? What else did you find that i didn't mention that you think will affect pokemon? I may add a poll based on the most discussed topics, and what was the biggest and most important change

I think now that gamefreak keeps improving the graphics it could be safe to say that there will be a pokemon game for the nintendo 3ds in the future!

Well my bet is that Grey or whatever you may call it (cmon don't just dismiss it as "oh its a speculation theory", it is THE every much plausible theory that GF continues to milk their 2nd-biggest-game-franchise-in-the-world-losing-only-to-the-nintendo-super-mario cash cow) Grey or Gray or Version 3 will be on the 3DS. Just like how Gold and Silver were playable on both the GB and the GBC while crystal was only playable on the GBC, and the remakes (yes cash cow point again) of Hoenn will also be on the 3DS. There's supposed to be limitless opportunities for GF if they do it on the 3DS. Cmon Pokemon in full 3D is going to win.

For the "most important change(s)" part, I think it's the graphics and the plot, and most importantly the online capabilites. DPPt graphics should be ashamed of themselves when they stand together with BW. Same console, huge difference. Moving sprites, moving battle camera, 3D cities, 3D bridges, 3D cutscenes of Zek and Resh, refined overworld.

The plot starts on a more serious note. Stranger starts as friend, then reveals to be boss of villains (well depending on how u see it, liberation front or oppression front), and the animations before the start screen. Then the finale of the whole storyline. Improvement from DDPt, but still can be better.

Dream world (I'm surprised that people rarely talk about it). Second abilities, playing online. The abilities alone cranked up the metagame a hell lot. Jalorda with Antagonist = LOL. It made the whole affair much more challenging along with the advent of rotation battles and triple battles.

I think finally, pokemon is slowly becoming a more "hardcore" game. Its multiplayer focus is becoming better and more developed, and less of a "just to have it" feature. The plot is becoming more mature, darker and more apparent in the game. Its also getting better and more developed, in my opinion.
Thinking about it, a game that will influence pokemon is Kirby's Epic Yarn. Nintendo themselves said there was a plan for a Mario's Epic Yarn, but it switched to kirby in the early development. Nintendo likes creative and exaggerated graphics and art style,so i'm sure pokemon will see these changes on the 3D versions, at least. Nintendo won't pull anything and throw it at us, they have to take it slow, because a big change i don't think will go down well with fans, including me. A really good, big change would be nice, but its not needed.

Itll be even better next game. Thats just the way it goes. People like the change so lets take it a step further. Oh tjey hate it? Lets go back. Standard nintendo logic.
Soon well just have pokeballs with life sized holograms. :)
Also more competitions. I mean look at the new strategies, limits given and taken, abilities, and moves. Starting to get even more deep storywise and in battles.

Back