• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format <b>Gastly/Bats Unlimited Lock deck</b>

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
So I like to dabble in the unlimited format, just for the laughs. I've messed around with a Plus Power cycle deck for a while (I played 104 in one turn once), and have recently been testing this deck. I mainly just play it to be playing a Gastly deck. Here's the list, and then I'll explain any cards that are not in Standard or Expanded.

Pokemon: 17

4x Unown AOR
2x Zubat PLS
2x Golbat PHF
2x Crobat PHF
2x Gastly SF
1x Porygon AOR
1x Porygon2 GE
1x Baltoy AOR (32/98 w/stop ancient trait)
1x Claydol GE
1x Marshadow SLG

Trainers: 53

4x Ultra Ball SUM
4x Acro Bike PRC
3x Roller Skates PHF
3x Super Scoop up FFI
2x Devolution Spray DRX
2x Bicycle PLS
2x Trick Shovel FLF
2x Revive EVO
2x Trainers' Mail ROS
2x Professor Oak BS
2x Energy Removal BS
2x Gambler FO
1x Battle Compressor PHF
1x Pal Pad FLF
1x VS Seeker PHF
1x Item Finder BS
1x Lass BS
1x Scoop Up BS
1x Life Dew PLF

2x Lysandre's Trump Card
1x Seeker
1x AZ
1x Professor Sycamore

1x Broken Time Space

Gastly has a free attack called Pitch-Dark that reads: "You (they forgot the R, not me) Opponent can't play any Trainer cards from his or her hand during your opponents next turn." NOTE: This only applies item lock, not full trainer lock. Due to the card being printed when the card were labeled differently, it may seem like it's a full lock, but it is only items.

Claydol has a Poke-POWER that reads: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may choose up to 2 cards from your hand and put them on the bottom of your deck in any order. If you do, draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand, this Power can't be used if Claydol is affected by a Special Condition." This is an incredibly good draw card, and it is literally basically impossible to dead draw after you get this out.

Porygon2 has a Poke-POWER that reads: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a Supporter card from your hand and use the effect of that card as the effect of this power. This power can't be used if Porygon2 is affected by a special condition." This let's you use multiple Trump Cards in one turn.

I'm going to refer to the Trainers as what they are in modern rules, not what they were labeled as at the time of their printing.

Item Finder is an item that let's you discard two cards from your hand in order to put a trainer card from your discard pile into your hand (basically just a Junk Arm, if that's more familiar to you). It can be used for utility, and also for getting back a VS seeker for either a Trump card or Sycamore.

Professor Oak is an item that lets you discard your hand and draw 7 cards. It's basically Professor Sycamore but an item card.

Gambler is an item that lets you shuffle your hand into your deck and flip a coin. If heads, you draw eight cards. If tails, you draw one.

Scoop Up is an item that lets you put the Basic Pokemon card of one of your Pokemon to your hand. You DO have to get rid of the higher evolutions, unless I'm mistaken.

Lass is an item that makes both players reveal their hands. Then, both players must shuffle all item cards in their hands into their decks.

Energy removal is an item that let's you discard an energy attached to one of your opponents Pokemon. It's basically a Crushing Hammer with no coin flip.

Seeker is a Supporter that forces both players to put one of their benched Pokemon into their hand (you go first). basically, you both immediately Acerola one of your benched Pokemon.

Broken Time Space is a Stadium that allows Pokemon to evolve without having to wait a turn.

On to the strategy. If none of your important cards (Broken time space, Porygon2, and Claydol) are prized, you can often burn and win by turn two. It's relatively likely that one of these will be prized, however. When that happens, you lock them with Gastly, discard their energies, and Lass their items back in to increase their chances of drawing a dead card. With all the non-supporter draw, you can easily cycle continuously and devolution spray a Porygon2 to keep using Trump Cards. If you really want to, you can use Seeker to just pick up Porygon2 and put it back down, but keep doing that until your opponent only has their active Pokemon. Then, you can just use bats to knock it out fairly easily, even if it's a tankier Pokemon, since you can just keep cycling. The Unown/Revive is just to essentially lower the number of cards in my deck, since drawing them just let's me discard an Unown and get another card. Scoop up can be used to reuse Marshadow. Life Dew is really good, because you can keep cycling back to it and, if they don't use some gust effect, will make the opponent basically never take a prize card.

I definitely need a Gladion in here, and will probably take out the Seeker to play it. Playing Seeker feels like you're almost making things too easy for yourself. Plus, Seeker is the only Proxy I have to use, so, if I get a Gladion, I can have a proxy-free deck.

Back