Ruling Azelf LVX vs SEPTILE GE

charzard 10210

charzard were did u go to a party!!
Ok this problem happend at leauge..

I was playing Leafeon/Septile and my opponent AMU he uses Azelf LVX 's attack and he and i were wondering if Septiles POkebody works on my pokemon's Energy? Easy terms
I have 5 Energy attached to Leafeon LVX And i have a Septile in play
and my opponent uses Azelfs LVX's Aattack does it double and do 100 or would it still do 50?

Azelf gets to place 10 damage counters in that case.

Azelf says "Put 1 damage counter...for each Energy attached to all of your opponent's Pokemon". If your opponent has Sceptile in play, each basic Grass Energy on his Grass Pokemon is providing 2 Grass Energy now. Azelf counts Energy, not Energy cards.

Similarly, if your opponent had an activated Scramble Energy, Azelf would count it as 3.

Chairman Kaga said:

Azelf says "Put 1 damage counter...for each Energy attached to all of your opponent's Pokemon". If your opponent has Sceptile in play, each basic Grass Energy on his Grass Pokemon is providing 2 Grass Energy now. Azelf counts Energy, not Energy cards.

Similarly, if your opponent had an activated Scramble Energy, Azelf would count it as 3.

I think Chairman Kaga meant to say 'Azelf gets to place 100 damage counters in that case.'

EeveeLover said:
Chairman Kaga said:

I think Chairman Kaga meant to say 'Azelf gets to place 100 damage counters in that case.'

I'm pretty sure he means 10 damage counters.
100 damage counters = 1000 damage. I have a hunch that it's NOT the case, EeveeLover...

Lou Cypher said:
EeveeLover said:
Chairman Kaga said:

I'm pretty sure he means 10 damage counters.
100 damage counters = 1000 damage. I have a hunch that it's NOT the case, EeveeLover...

How very true... Sucks to be tired when reading the reply. Although - 1,000 damage would take anything ever made.

Back