Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy. We humans are more demented than we think we are, sometimes to the point that we even worship finite objects. Pokemon was considered demonic in the sense that it involves, "evolution" which is "against" the first chapter of Genesis. Little did those conspiracy theorists know that evolution in pokemon terms was synonymous to growth. You can't have an evolutionary outburst in a day, it takes eons to do that. I mean come on, a caterpillar that pupates and becomes a butterfly? That's definitely the life cycle on an insect. Though the things that C-m mentioned apply as well.

This topic on Avatar has turned into yet another discussion on the speculated "anti-religious" content of Pokemon. It is bitter sweet.

DogMaster40 said:
King Deoxazard said:
or Cronicles of Narnia, because they both use magic...

The Chronicles of Narnia actually has a lot of Biblical references, if you look deep enough. Alan is God/Jesus, and the White Witch is the devil. I'm sure if I spent a lot more time thinking about it I could come up with a lot more. The use of magic in fiction doesn't make it evil.

~DogMaster40
C.S.Lewis was a devoted christian and his best freind T.R.R.Tolklien was also a christian...
Martial arts are not evil they are about self defense and using your energy to achieve inerpeace, the chinese call your energy chi, so if people think chi is evil they are saying energy is evil, and the bending styles are about becoming one with the world around you, meaning that you umderstand all your surroundings and understanding everything around you in other words becoming peacful with all of gods creations...
Note: Bending doesn't use magic it uses your inner chi with the world's natural chi to control it...

Ok can we keep this thread about avatar please. Mabye after I get legit proof of avatar not being demonic we can disscuss other things in this way.

Yeah. There's no reference to demonic things whatsoever. There is no ritual to gain these powers, it's in all of them. I don't even get how martial arts have anything to do with demons.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Yeah. There's no reference to demonic things whatsoever. There is no ritual to gain these powers, it's in all of them. I don't even get how martial arts have anything to do with demons.
Not that I believe anything about martial arts being demonic, but you can search on Google for "martial arts occult" and you will be able to find some Christian sites that do label it as evil. o_O

Gamefreak734 said:
If you don't know I am a christain And recently I have been getting into avatar the last air bender. I have been watching it a lot and etting really in to it. But I am starting to think that it might be a bit evil. Considering that the element bending uses chiness martail arts I thiink that is evil. And the fact that the charactes are using a form of magic. Also, the fire nation are really evil. I think that their capacity for evil is very big for a children's show.

Does anyone get what I am trying to say? If anyone else here think that I have a point please say something.

What a coincidence! I have been getting into Avatar too, lately (that is part of the reason why I haven't been on PokeBeach). As far as it being demonic, I completely disagree with you. Avatar: the Last Airbender is a beautifully-written show that teaches about love, friendship, family, and several other themes. I am also a Christian, but I view Avatar's use of Chinese martial arts as a way of teaching about other cultures. Avatar may look a little violent, but have you actually seen blood in the show? Martail arts as a form of magic? "Magic" is used in several other shows, including Christian stories like The Chronicles of Narnia. A few characters die in "Avatar" (like Jet and Admiral Zhao), but the writers never announce it directly. I personally think that Avatar is the most developed (in both character and plot) and most well thought-out show on Nickelodeon.

As soon as I saw the word "Avatar" I thought: Zilla. And what happens? I find Zilla in here.

Anyways, Avatar is just a show to entertain people. All shows over exaggerate logic :/
liek ZOMG teh nation uv fiya iz evul. Imu gona b scared 4 lief :O

Flamewheel said:
Gamefreak734 said:
If you don't know I am a christain And recently I have been getting into avatar the last air bender. I have been watching it a lot and etting really in to it. But I am starting to think that it might be a bit evil. Considering that the element bending uses chiness martail arts I thiink that is evil. And the fact that the charactes are using a form of magic. Also, the fire nation are really evil. I think that their capacity for evil is very big for a children's show.

Does anyone get what I am trying to say? If anyone else here think that I have a point please say something.

What a coincidence! I have been getting into Avatar too, lately (that is part of the reason why I haven't been on PokeBeach). As far as it being demonic, I completely disagree with you. Avatar: the Last Airbender is a beautifully-written show that teaches about love, friendship, family, and several other themes. I am also a Christian, but I view Avatar's use of Chinese martial arts as a way of teaching about other cultures. Avatar may look a little violent, but have you actually seen blood in the show? Martail arts as a form of magic? "Magic" is used in several other shows, including Christian stories like The Chronicles of Narnia. A few characters die in "Avatar" (like Jet and Admiral Zhao), but the writers never announce it directly. I personally think that Avatar is the most developed (in both character and plot) and most well thought-out show on Nickelodeon.

This and my first post of this thread.

Ok. I am now convinced that avatar is NOT demonic, so I will continue to watch it:). Thanks guys.

Gamefreak734 said:
Ok. I am now convinced that avatar is NOT demonic, so I will continue to watch it:). Thanks guys.

Glad to hear it! By the way, keep in contact with me if you have any questions about the show or you simply want to talk Avatar. ;p

Silver that's not really needed is it, nah I don't think so.

Anyway glad that's resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back