Pokemon Attending Worlds as a spectator

Craigyboy88

ポケモン大好き
Hey guys!

I'm planning a trip to America next year and would love to try and coincide my trip with a wee detour to San Fran for Worlds. Just a quick question about attending as just a spectator though - that is allowed right? Saw this post on Reddit but kinda want a second opinion from you guys. (https://www.reddit.com/r/pkmntcg/comments/29udqm/can_i_go_to_pokemon_world_championship_as_a/)

Also, is there enough to keep us entertained for a day/couple of hours at least? What's there to do/see/buy? Is it a waste of time if we're not competing? Cheers for your help! :)

I've always wanted to attend Worlds as a spectator myself. :D I don't actually know everything that goes on during Worlds, but I do know that there are vendors selling merch and lots of side events going on as well, not to mention just hanging out with other Pokémon fans and watching the matches! Of course, if you get bored, you can always leave the convention hall and visit the city itself. For example, San Francisco is a very cool city and has lots of fun stuff to do if you run out of events and activities at Worlds itself, and this is typically the case for most other Worlds locations as well. I hope you have a blast! Someday, I'll make it out there...

I personally would love to try it as well. I bet there will be many rhings to buy there. At least a mini strore with pokemon stuff? I can't guarantee anything, I'm just geussing.

I've always wanted to attend Worlds as a spectator myself. :D I don't actually know everything that goes on during Worlds, but I do know that there are vendors selling merch and lots of side events going on as well, not to mention just hanging out with other Pokémon fans and watching the matches! Of course, if you get bored, you can always leave the convention hall and visit the city itself. For example, San Francisco is a very cool city and has lots of fun stuff to do if you run out of events and activities at Worlds itself, and this is typically the case for most other Worlds locations as well. I hope you have a blast! Someday, I'll make it out there...

Awesome! Thank you so much - we assumed we could just turn up and wander around but kept reading 'invite only' everywhere and started to doubt ourselves. Obviously, the invite refers to people taking part! I keep hoping the Championships would come over to Europe but will never happen! Suppose I better make the first move! :)

Yeah, the "invite only" is for the actual championship competition, but you can still attend to look around, cheer on your chosen hero, and participate in side events.

It's probably unlikely that Worlds itself will come to Europe, but the ECC event is fairly large and might make a fun trip, too, and it's a bit closer to home (if you live in Europe anyway :p). I really wanted to go to Arnhem for this past ECC (only a couple hours' train ride!), but my husband didn't want to come with and I didn't feel like going alone, but I'm hoping to maybe make it next year. :D

Back