Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Complete! FE7 Next?

I'm actually planning an amusing little "extra" for fun for the last chapter involving reclasses. :p

That said, we'll still be doing 1 reclass each for the next 2 chapters no matter what. At this point, the game is easy enough that you'd have to specifically try really hard if you wanted to screw me over. :D So, the reverse is also true in that any reclasses we do will not hamper me at this point.

Chapter 24x: Double Divine Dragons, all the way across the sky~

<Green> Alright, everyone ready to be teleported off to the exploit dimension?
<TGK> Waitwaitwait, can I go back to being a Sniper first?
<Green> Geez, just make up your mind already, will you? You're as bad as Tails. >_<
<TGK> Sorry. >_> *runs off to grab bow*
<Gotoh> You guys ready yet?​

Once everyone was ready, Gotoh came back and teleported them off to a large tower temple. It was full of stairs and walls and narrow corridors and, most important, enemy soldiers.

<BV> This must be the tower Lord Gotoh spoke of...
<Green> No $#!&, Sherlock.
<Gotoh> It's fulla soldiers. You're going to have to defeat them all in order to claim your prize.
<Green> Gee, what a surprise. Alright guys, let's do this.
<Gotoh> I wish you the best of luck. *teleports away*
<Green> Oh, good, he's gone now. Phew. *pulls out Falchion* Elice, you ready?
<Elice> Yep. :3​

With the sound of the singing of angels and the ringing of bells, Elice raised the Aum Staff high, then scrolled through the massive list of dead characters to find SM's name. Once located, there was a flash of light, and SM's corpse was brought back to life!

<SM> Ugh, I never want to go through that ever again. x_x;
<Green> Glad to have you back, SM. <3 Now, everyone, attack!​

The Archanean League rushed up the steps and into the spire. Many Manakete and human soldiers blocked their way, but they were persistent, fighting their way in. About halfway up, the path split in two and the groups split off evenly down the various paths. Green used the last door key to open up a treasure chest containing another copy of the Aura tome, somehow.

Towards the top, the two groups met again and rushed forward towards the boss to finish the spire and collect their reward. Unfortunately, Elice was a bit too overconfident and eager, and the boss Manakete managed to take her down.

<Elice> Prince Green... please... stay strong... x_x;​

Athena and TGK ended up working together to take out the boss and then Prince Green claimed the throne.

<Green> Hmm... enemies dead, throne claimed, but I don't see any Divine Dragons or spare Falchions. Everyone, look for a secret passageway.
<Keeper> Hey, I found some stairs behind the throne here.
<Green> Good work! Let's head down and see what we find.​

The group walked down the long spiral staircase into some kind of mausoleum. There was a large sarcophagus at the center covered in similar-looking runes to those seen in the Fane of Ranan where the group met SM.

<Athena> Hey, I recognize those runes! We saw those in the Fane of Ranan!
<Green> Nice way to be obvious there, Princess.
<Athena> Well, I am the narrator, too, you know... I thought this would be a nice way to, you know, segway the scene back into a dialogue section.
<Vom> Oh, the coffin is opening! Everyone run for your lives! D:
<Nagi> Oh, hey guys, 'sup?
<Green> Woohoo, it's the Divine Dragon!
<Nagi> Yep, that's me. Who are you guys?
<Green> My name is Prince Green. These other fellows here with me are the Archanean League. We're trying to get rid of a really nasty fellow named DNA and Gotoh sent us here to recruit you. Could you help us?
<Nagi> Oh, sure, anything for Gotoh, such a cool dude.
<Green> I don't suppose you have another Falchion lying around somewhere, too, do you?
<Nagi> This old thing? Sure, take it. Now let's go kick some dragon butt!​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 26 Lord
TGK: Lv. 11 Sniper
Palutena: Lv. 12 Dracoknight
Tails: Lv. 12 Horseman
Silver: Lv. 12 Paladin
Celever: Lv. 12 Sage
Keeper: Lv. 12 Horseman
Cap'n BB: Lv. 13 Sniper
Vom: Lv. 12 Swordmaster
Athena: Lv. 12 Dracoknight
PMJ: Lv. 15 Sage
Princess SM: Lv. 16 Manakete

Waiting for the Pyre:
Nagi: Lv. ??? Manakete

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Sniper (Bow A)
Swordmaster - Sword B (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Sword C, Lance D (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Palutena: Dracoknight (Lance A, Axe C)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance A (Gain Res/Horse, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Spd/Skl, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)

Tails: Horseman (Sword C, Bow B)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Mag/Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword C, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow C (Gain Str, Lose Mag/Skl/Def/Res)

Silver: Paladin (Sword A, Lance C)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Def/Res/Horse)
Swordmaster - Sword A (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Res/Horse)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Horse)
Bishop - Staff D, Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Res/Horse)

Celever: Sage (Tome B, Staff A)
Bishop - Tome C, Staff A (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon, Lose Mag/Res)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Mag)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

Keeper: Horseman (Sword D, Bow B)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword D, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Def/Res/Horse)

Cap'n BB: Sniper (Bow B)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, lose Str/Def)
Sage - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance A, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Sword D, Lance A (Gain Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)

Vom: Swordmaster (Sword B)
Sage - Tome B, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop - Tome C, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Lance D, Sword E (Gain Str/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Athena: Dracoknight (Lance B, Axe A)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Res/Horse, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Dragon)
Sage - Tome D, Staff C (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)
Bishop - Tome E, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon)

PMJ: Sage (Tome A, Staff C)
Bishop - Tome B, Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon, Lose Mag/Res)
Paladin - Sword E, Lance D (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Mag)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Swordmaster - Sword E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Player Notes:

Our last Gaiden and our penultimate chapter overall. As far as Gaiden chapters go, this is one of the more in-depth ones, but it's still very simple with few enemies and no reinforcements. I spent most of the chapter trying to even out levels and get people weapon ranks so that I could use my arms scrolls.

Since next chapter is the final chapter, it's time for our last Unit Recap!

Prince Green
uKlAmZo.png

Prince Green's been doing a lot of catching up. He still hasn't capped anything, but he's the only character we have with a decent shot at level capping, and he's doing well in battle, too, mostly thanks to his effectives, since Falchion also does effective damage against Manaketes. We'll be using him to take down Medeus for sure.

TGK
7H4y4f2.png

TGK has really improved a lot with promotion. He does just fine as either a Sniper or Paladin, but I actually prefer him as a Sniper since he's the only one with A Bows which means he can wield Parthia. Compared to BB as our other Sniper, his offensive capabilities are lower, but his Def and Lck are better, and he makes up for the slightly lower Str with Parthia use.

Palutena
Bpieq0k.png

Palutena's pretty awesome overall. She's up to C Axes completely thanks to 2 Arms Scrolls, though she mostly uses Lances anyway, especially her Win Spear. She's got lower Str and Res than Athena, but beats her out in Spd, Skl, and Def, and has capped her Spd. She primarily functions as a baiter and front line tank, or flying around to take care of reinforcements.

Tails
pfjuQMp.png

Tails hasn't changed much. He's a very solid unit with useful ranks in both Bows and Swords. Both him and Keeper are pretty on par, though Tails has the higher Str. His low-ish speed means he doesn't double all the time, but sometimes that's better to help weaken units for other characters to kill, since he never seems to be hurting for EXP on his own as a strong frontline unit.

Silver the Silent
LNz08JX.png

Silver's been rocking the Paladin promotion really well. With the added Str boost, he is now our strongest unit, and the addition of Lances (of which he is now up to a C rank in) augments that a lot and gives him access to ranged attacking. His Spd and Skl took a hit, but he still doubles practically all enemies (even SMs), and the Skl loss doesn't hurt him either. He's probably my best overall unit since he can dish and take a lot of different types of attacks, plus get around quickly. He's also our assigned Mercurius wielder (though it doesn't show him with it in the picture since I forgot to swap it back in for him).

Celever
1Zc45Tt.png

Celever's our best utility unit by far. With A Staves she can heal and warp and even mass heal everyone with Fortify. Her offensive stats are pretty weak, especially compared to PMJ, but she mostly just attacks in a pinch or when she needs to defend herself, and because of the low Res of most enemies, she can still ORKO most things so long as she can double them, and even sometimes if she can't. With a B in Tomes, she now wields one of the available Aura tomes for damage++.

Keeper
UKOUd7j.png

Keeper's improved a lot now that he can actually level without needing to kill five million enemies, and his growths are amazing. He's pretty much caught up to Tails in everything except Str, and his weapon ranks are good, too. I gave him one of the Arms Scrolls to get his Swords up to C so he can wield Killers and effectives. Like Tails, he doesn't always OR enemies, but since he's a good front-line unit, he still gets a lot of EXP and has some good usefulness.

BB
EbuDghC.png

BB is our more offensive Sniper of the pair. He has the highed Spd of everyone by far and good Str, too; I've yet to see a unit he can't ORKO, even bosses. I use him a lot for Longbow sniping, but I try and keep him out of the front lines now that we have so many other available units for that with better defenses. Because he's so good at killing, he gets EXP without even trying, even still.

Vom
XEWOrcQ.png

Vom's still kind of laughable, but he's gotten some Str boosts and has B Swords now for Silver access. Primarily, I give him effective and/or crit-enhancing weapons so he can actually, you know, do damage, though he mostly chips for others to kill unless/until I decide I need to level him up to match everyone else. Was sorely tempted to give him an Arms Scroll and make him our Mercurius wielder. Probably should have. But it's TOO LATE NOW.

Athena
y2lOo0F.png

Athena's growing out pretty well. I've got her up to B Lances now thanks to an Arms Scroll for Silver access, since Lances help mitigate her lower Skl stat. Her Str and Res are her best qualities; she makes for an effective mage killer, especially those that wield siege tomes. Since her Def is lower than Palutena's, I gave her the Iote's Shield to protect her from bows. She primarily kills mages and runs errands. She'll be getting the Hauteclere for the final chapter.

PMJ
lyOj96a.png

PMJ is a very solid offense mage. She's got balls high Mag and capped Spd. Her Skl, Lck, and Res stats are also top tier. As a standard glass cannon, any melee attackers that get her in range do some pretty hard damage, but she primarily stays behind the front lines and bombs people from afar. She is able to OR everything I've thrown at her, including IE. As a result, she's pretty EXP heavy at the moment, so I've been trying to let others do more killing.

Princess SM
ePMxxQv.png

SM's stats look quite a bit more impressive than last time, don't they? On top of all that, she gets a crazy large boost from her Divinestone, which I've had Celever restore back to full uses. She dodges and tanks like a boss and OHKOs all Manaketes, ORing basically everything else. Her only detriment is her pitiful 6 mov which makes it hard for her to reach the front lines where she shines the most.

Anybutts, that's where everyone stands.

Nagi is a ? because we don't actually get her until we start playing the final chapter. I know she comes with a Divinestone that will be given to SM.

Hope you're looking forward to the final chapter! :) Feel free to suggest our final last-minute reclass as well. :p

Haha, yeah, the forges got kind of shuffled around based on reclasses. In addition to BB having your bow, you have Palutena's bow, Keeper has your sword and Athena's bow, Athena has Tail's axe, and PMJ has Celever's Tome. I ended up leaving your bow with BB and giving you Palutena's instead because her bow had the higher might and you could use the additional oomph. :p

No way! Two Falchions? Why's that? If only Marth can wield them, I don't see any point including them to the game at all....

Anyway, great job on this one! It was hilarious :) Also, the places in the game sound amazing. It has temples, dimensions, castes... :p

Hmmm... no final reclass here... Can't think of anything... I think our team is quite complete :D

No way! Two Falchions? Why's that? If only Marth can wield them, I don't see any point including them to the game at all....

You're not supposed to be able to get 2 Falchions, but we did because of the 24x exploit. The game thought we didn't get the 1st Falchion because it was it SM/Tiki's inventory when she died. As such, you get a different Falchion from Nagi when you beat 24x as a replacement for the Falchion the game thinks we never had. Because the original Falchion just went back into the game's convoy, that means we get 2 Falchions, though the 1st "real" Falchion is much stronger than the Nagi replacement.

Endgame

With their final side mission complete, Gotoh teleported Prince Green and his soldiers back to Dolhr outside DNA's keep. Green told everyone to eat a big meal and have a good night's sleep before their final battle. Green sealed himself up in his executive tent and was soon snoring away.

<Palutena> Green! Green! Wake up Prince Green!
<Green> Huh? Whazzit?
<Palutena> You've overslept, you dummy! It's time for the battle against DNA!​

Green sleepily stumbled out of his pallet and splashed his face with cold water. How could he have overslept on a day like this? Once he felt awake, he tossed on his armor and buckled on Falchion. As he exited the tent, he could have sworn he was still asleep.

As many members of the Archanean League as humanly possible were dressed up as Snipers or Horsemen and carrying bows. Palutena and Athena were both wearing their old Sniper gear and restringing their favourite bows, and even Silver had grabbed a bow and was practicing aiming some targets stacked up against a nearby tree. TGK, Tails, BB, and Keeper had of course stayed in their normal classes.

<Green> I... uh.... what?
<Palutena> We've been having a meeting while we snoozed. And we all think the best course of action is to go into this final battle wielding as many bows as possible.
<Green> What the hell are you guys thinking? The fate of the world is at stake here...
<Athena> And you're standing with your armor on crooked and your mouth hanging open. Come on, let's go!​

To his great relief, Green saw that not everyone had gone bow-crazy. Celever and PMJ were still sporting staves and tomes, and Vom had grabbed Mercurius and was swinging it around. Still... his heart was heavy as he stormed up to the castle and flung open its gates.

Although the exact method of how this happened escaped them, the Archanean League members found themselves split up upon entering the castle. SM, Palutena, PMJ, and Tails started off in an upper right room, whereas Vom led Silver, BB and Celever in a far northeastern room. Green himself began at the far south in a corridor with TGK, Keeper, Athena, and Nagi.

Then the enemy was attacking and there was no time to think. Unable to open the many locking doors, Green sent Keeper to a nearby shop to pick up some door keys while he and the others took a side passageway around to the west. Meanwhile, the other two groups defended themselves as best as possible while working to meet together in the center. Celever kept using her Fortify staff to make sure everyone was healed.

Eventually, the groups managed to mostly get together, though both PMJ and Silver had been trapped behind locking doors in various rooms. Green gave one of the magically-convoyed door keys to Tails to go rescue Silver, though PMJ insisted that she'd rather stay in her room to take care of the reinforcements there. On the other side of the fortress, Keeper came thundering back in with word of many reinforcements pouring in from the outside. He led Vom, SM, Palutena, BB, and Nagi to go hold them back while Green, Athena, TGK, and Celever kept pushing in to reach DNA, with Tails and Silver working their way to catch up.

The stream of reinforcements unfortunately happened to be too much for Nagi, and she perished on a sword, her long life snuffed out.

<Nagi> Good luck... Hero King... x_x;​

Finally, Green and his group managed to breakthrough the enemies building up inside DNA's chamber. With Falchion gleaming in his hand, Prince Green has eyes only for the Earth Dragon himself.

<DNA> FOOLISH HUMANS. WHO DARES DISTURB ME WHILE I SLUMBER?
<Green> It is I! Prince Green! Grandson of the Hero Anri! Wielder of Falchion! And I'm about to kick your ass. >:|
<DNA> Heheheheheh, how you will regret your foolishness as you die slowly and painfully writhing in the flames on the inferno.... >:3​

With a terrific lunge, DNA's head swiveled forward and he blasted fiery breath at Green. The prince dodged the attack to the right and then spun around to counterattack with a slice of Falchion into the dragon's belly. DNA roared with range, but EP was over and it was Green's turn to strike again. It only took one more blow and the great Earth Dragon's HP was fully depleted, though as the final boss he did, of course, have the opportunity to get a few more words in.

<DNA> Defeated by humans again... DAMMIT! >_<
<Green> *epic pose*
<DNA> Know this, prince... the light which surrounds you is only a temporary respite... so long as there is darkness in the hearts of mankind, I cannot be completely destroyed... besides, we all know there's a sequel.
<Green> Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
<DNA> GRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!! x_x;
<Everyone> Woohoo! \o/​

And so DNA was taken care of, at least for now. With his downfall, the Dolhr Empire crumbled, the fires of war that rages Archanea began to die, and peace and light slowly began to shine once again.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. We have a few more epilogue scenes to view first.

<Palutena> Green! You did it! ^_^
<Green> Thanks! ^_^
<Palutena> So, uh, what now?
<Green> Welp, I reckon it's time for me to head back to Altea. I ought to start rebuilding.
<Palutena> So, uh, I guess that means you won't be coming back to Talys then?
<Green> Oh, it's not like you'll never see me again. I have to drop by to thank your dad for his help, of course.
<Palutena> My dad, of course, right... well, see you later then. *storms off*
<TT> Ohboy, Green, are you really that dense?
<Green> Huh?
<TT> Palutena's in love with you, you big dolt! Are you really telling me that you haven't noticed? And that you don't feel anything for her, either?
<Green> Well, she is pretty hot and all... but she's a Princess of Talys and I'm a Prince of Altea. It's not like anything could happen between us.
<TT> Of course things could happen between you! Nobles marry each other all the time; in fact, it would be politically incorrect for you to marry anyone but a noble, and there aren't too many left after this war. May as well pick one you like before you get stuck marrying some spinster from Aurelis.
<Green> You know... good point. Palutena! Wait up! *runs after her*
<Palutena> >.>?
<Green> You know, when I said I wanted to go back to Altea... I was hoping you'd come with me.
<Palutena> :D!
<Green> You're so beautiful and brave, the source of all my strength and courage.
<Palutena> <3
<Green> <3​

So concludes the tale of Falchion, blade of light; Prince Green , its wielder; and his battle with the Shadow Dragon. Herein its events have been chronicled, that none may ever forget.

Actually, since we know there's a sequel and DNA isn't really dead, it's not really the end, but you know, closeneough.jpg.

THE END!

Final Team:

Green: Lv. 30 Lord
Prince Green returned to war-torn Altea and devoted all his energy to restoring the kingdom to its former glory. He was later crowned king.

TGK: Lv. 12 Sniper
TGK squired himself to an Akaneian knight, to try and not suck so badly. Later, he returned to Altea with his brother.

Palutena: Lv. 14 Sniper
Palutena visited her father in Talys before returning to Altea with Green. Their whispers of love warmed the castle halls.

Tails: Lv. 13 Horseman
Tails returned to Talys to serve its people. Perhaps sticking to one class was not his strong suit; history contains many records of him continuing to flop around a lot before going back to Horseman.

Silver: Lv. 13 Sniper
Silver vanished very quietly after the great struggle, but for years, impostors appeared, hoping to profit from his reputation the world round.

Celever: Lv. 14 Sage
Celever cared for orphans at a convent in Medon and doled out love in equal shares to all she met.

Keeper: Lv. 13 Horseman
Keeper remained a knight of Aurelis. He helped rebuild, and later captained an elite force called the Wolfguard.

Cap'n BB: Lv. 15 Sniper
Princess TT offered BB her hand in marriage, and so he was crowned the twenty-fourth king of House Akaneia.

Vom: Lv. 14 Swordmaster
Vom eventually gave up the sword, became the senior mage in Khadein, and embarked on a journey that took him from land to land in pursuit of truth.

Athena: Lv. 14 Sniper
Athena put all her effort into restoring Macedon to glory. All wished for her to be queen: all except Athena herself. Seriously, screw that leading stuff.

PMJ: Lv. 16 Sage
PMJ entered Princess TT’s protection and became a lady at court.

Princess SM: Lv. 19 Manakete
SM lived a peaceful life with Bantu (who wasn't actually all the way dead somehow). She spoke fondly of her adventures with Green, even long after they had ended.

Player Notes:

And so, Shadow Dragon comes to a close. And it ends in the most appropriate way possible: Archer Emblem.

This chapter was by far the most difficult of all the chapters I played in this playthrough. Even if I hadn't gone into Archer Emblem mode and went in with a more balanced team, it would be difficult.

First of all, you're split up into 4 groups, just like the 3 that I described (the 4th room is towards the middle and I filled it with the replacement characters we were given). There are also lots of enemies everywhere, very frequent reinforcements starting on round 3, and also ballistae and siege tomes. To top things off, many doors blocking rooms and corridors automatically close at certain points, trapping characters behind until you can open them with a door key (as happened to Silver and PMJ). Some of those rooms also spawn reinforcements, so it's extra rough.

Now, let's talk about our Bow-loving team for a moment. I actually would have loved if we could have made everyone a Sniper/Horseman, but thanks to reclass limits (and too many of our males being in the A group instead of the B group), 3 characters would have to remain unbowed. I ended up opting for Celever and PMJ to stay Sages for healing (otherwise I might really be fricked), and of course Vom as SM, and I gave him an Arms Scroll so he could wield Mercurius. Of course, Green and SM were also stuck in their respective classes.

What mostly made Archer Emblem extra difficult this level is the swarms of enemies without having any strong EP phase units. Marth and SM were the best at dealing with EP, but that still left me with another group without a strong early game defense, and I needed to be as strong offensively as possible, too, given the high number of enemies swarming. I had hardly any Silver bows, so most people were reliant on forges and killers to do damage. I also spent all of my money this last chapter on a super-sweet forged bow for Athena that was effectively a 17 might killer bow. :U

Anyway, enough about this chapter. Let me talk about the game as a whole for a bit.

Overall, this was a really fun playthrough to make. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of reclass suggestions for most chapter, but I was (usually) able to bug NotJim to give me a suggestion if no one else did (which is what started the whole Archer Emblem amusement to begin with). Killing off units in a Fire Emblem game is definitely a new experience for me. In the beginning, it was difficult, but I was a lot more callous by the end. Most of the gaiden chapters were sadly on the uninteresting side, but it was nice to see them for myself at least once.

I also really enjoyed playing this game again now that I know a lot more about the plot and characters from playing the sequel and also looking some things up on the FE Wiki. There's a lot of surprising depth to this world that you wouldn't get if you just played through SD straight and that's all. FE12 adds supports for characters to learn more about them, more world information is given for the various countries and their relationships and such, and of course there's been a lot of ancillary material released over the years that delves into things further.

I hope you guys enjoy reading along. :) Check out the next post for more information on a possible next playthrough.

Fire Emblem 7 Next? Y/N

I've been really in the mood to replay Blazing Sword (the 7th FE game, released as just "Fire Emblem" in the West) lately. I'll probably play it whether I do a playthrough here or not, but since I enjoy writing these (and I think at least some of you enjoy reading them :p), I thought I would give you the option to say if you'd like to see it done here or not.

Since there is no reclassing (or even split promotion branches) in FE7, there wouldn't really be any opportunity for interaction within the game itself. BUT this game does have supports (some with paired endings), so you'd be able to ship characters together again, and of course you'd be picking my units as usual.

Please let me know if you would like to see this done by either posting here or in my profile, or Liking this post. If there's interest, I'll try and get the OP up before the weekend to give you guys plenty of time for suggestions. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, too.

Thanks! <3

(PS: If it matters at all, I'd do Hector's Mode)

The series were totally fun and amazing. I really enjoyed them and I want to thank everyone for having me. Being Marth was indeed a privilege :) I wish I had participated more and helped with some suggestions during the mid-game, but for time issues I couldn't. I was glad to be able to read, learn more about the first series, laugh and overall enjoy the chapters.

Thanks for everything! The ride was utterly amazing :D

Notes: 1)I believe Nagi was in fact Naga, too bad she died on the battle -_-;
2)I would suggest beginning a play-through of either a game you never had the chance of playing or a game you really enjoyed playing :)

p.s. I'm telling it now, If "Fire Emblem" is next I'm calling dibs on Hector. ^o^

The problem with doing blind playthroughs is that it makes it a bit more difficult to do the story, like with my PMD run. Not to say I won't do one again, but it takes a certain mindset. FE7 definitely fits into the category of "games I really enjoy playing" though. :p Before Awakening came out, it held the record for FE game I've played through the most times.

And, yeah, a lot of people theorize that Nagi either is Naga, or is a reincarnation of Naga. Of course, we'll never know for sure, but there are obviously lots of similarities.

I personally have lesser interest in your Fire Emblem playthroughs over other playthroughs such as the PMD one, probably as I'm not as interested in Fire Emblem. I find I skimmed over this playthrough rather than actually reading it.With that in mind, I'd say no to a FE 7, but if that's what everyone else wants, go for it! ^_^

I don't really feel like tackling another Pokémon game while I'm still working on Reborn. One is enough, or I risk severe burnout. :p If timing had been different, I could have done a Reborn playthrough, but too late for that now. I'll probably do another PMD one when Super comes out here in February.

Back