Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Complete! FE7 Next?

1) We're not reclassing the kill-offs, only actual playable characters. You can still vote for a reclass though! I keep seeing you hinting at reclasses but not voting; don't be afraid to actually suggest something. :p

2) Yes. In fact, forging Fires was the best way I had to make Merric usable my last SD run-through. AFAIK, you can forge anything that has a resell value except for staves and other non-weapon items.

But but, I've suggested the last two reclasses! Fine fine. If anything, Celever should be a Pega Knight, at least then he wont be an Archer and you can still survive off of Vulnerary.

Yesterday you only voted for TGK to get a forged bow and hinted that you'd like to see Celever as a PK but didn't actually vote for it and we got TGK Myrm instead. :p Though you did indeed vote for Hunter!Tails C4, this is true.

Chapter 6: Fire Emblem, get!

<Green> Alright team, it's time to liberate Aurelis Castle.
<Everyone> Yay! \o/
<Green> Our priorities are as follows: 1) Get all the loot, all of it. There's chests scattered throughout the castle and we're going to ransack all of them. Julian, that's your job.
<Julian> Aye aye!
<Green> 2) Kill all the Macedonians, especially the ones who are trying to steal the treasures before we get there. 3) If anyone DOES manages to get loot before us, kill them and take the loot from them. Any questions?
<Celever> Um, if you don't mind, sire...
<Green> Yes, Celever? Speak up! I'd be happy to do a favour for our favourite healer.
<Celever> Well, sire, you see, I'd like to become a Pegasus Knight.
<Green> *spits out drink* Why would you want to do a thing like that? You're a magic class!
<Celever> Well, you see, I've always wanted to ride a Pegasus... and Princess Palutena looks so dashing...
<Green> Do we even have another Pegasus for you to ride?
<Celever> Yes, we do! There's a spare one out towards the back of the caravan, along with a few horses and even a wyvern!
<Green> Well, I guess Vom can heal, too... *sigh* Fine, you can go grab a Pegasus and be a Pegasus Knight.
<Celever> Yay! ^_^
<Green> Just do us all a favour and forge yourself a good lance so you're not completely useless...
<Celever> Of course, sire. <3​

Celever skipped off and snagged a Pegasus then ran off to the armory to make herself a nice lance. She dubbed it "Sparkle Fire" and promptly went to work practicing her stabs. Vom picked up the staves she left behind. Soon, the army was ready to liberate the castle and steal themselves some sweet loot. As they began their press forward into the castle, Julian spotted a familiar figure trapped in the gaol.

<Julian> Ahahahaha, Rickard, you suck.
<Rickard> That's not nice. :<
<Julian> Yeah, well, you're the one sitting behind bars and not me. See, I've given up my thieving ways and have decided to join the cause of righteousness.
<Rickard> Oh yeah? So why are you here?
<Julian> To steal loot, obvs, I'm just doing it for a Prince now instead of for myself.
<Rickard> Ooooh, does he pay well?
<Julian> Not bad, plus free food.
<Rickard> Can I join in with you guys?
<Julian> Eh, sure, why not.​

The Altean Army moved quickly through the castle, but the Macedonian thieves were even faster and many chests were plundered. Green directed his forces to split up and kill the thieves before they could run off. Caught within this enthusiastic pursuit, poor Merric took one hit too many and fell to an arrow through the heart. Cain, who was chasing after him to save him, met his fate at the hands of the same archer a single round later.

<Merric> Oh, Prince Green, it was so good... to know you... x_x;
<Cain> Tell them... I did not run... all my wounds are in the front... x_x;​

Rickard, eager to prove himself to his new boss, ran towards the front to find more chests to open, only to find himself slayed by a critical shot from a knight.

<Rickard> Welp... this sucks... x_x;​

Finally, the thieves and their protectors were cleared out and Prince Green was ready to storm the throne room where the boss has taken residence. Sedgar, one of the Woflguard, bravely charged his way to the front to bait the remaining soldiers. He dodged one arrow, but it wasn't enough, and he paid for his bravery with his life.

<Sedgar> Cap'n BB.... arrgh... x_x;​

Thanks to his heroic sacrifice, the remaining soldiers around the boss were pulled forward, however, and Green's army had a field day slaughtering them all. Barst was the first one clear and he ran up to the boss, figuring Axes > Lance would be enough to protect him and do some serious damage. He dodged the first lance thrust, but died to a OHKO to the second.

<Barst> Whoops.... sorry Cap'n Tails... x_x;​

By then, the rest of Green's soldiers had made it into the throne room and were able to work together to take down the boss. Vom weakened him with magic while Prince Green himself went in for the kill, armed with his rapier. He was just about to slump down in the throne and rest for a bit when a rather regal-looking young woman entered the room.

<TT> Ah, Prince Green, we meet at least.
<Green> Oh, hey, 'sup? You must be... uh, that princess I heard about?
<TT> Yes, indeed. I am Princess TT of Archanea. Archanea has always striven to be the leader of the fight against evil and oppression, but unfortunately my home has been conquered by Dolhr and I am only a weak, powerless woman who can do nothing. Please, Prince Green, save my kingdom and lead your forces against the might of Dolhr!
<Green> Oh, yeah, sure, no problem. I mean, Archanea is technically in charge of Altea and all, so I'd have to do what you say no matter what, but that's already what I was planning to do anyway to fulfill my revenge and all. <TT> Thank you very much! <3
<Green> Besides, I have the blood of Anri so I can wield the Falchion... which will probably be useful for something or other down the line. I heard it's a pretty sweet sword.
<TT> Yes, indeed, this is true, and I shall give you another treasure to help you on your journey.
<Green> Ooooh, more treasure? :O
<TT> This is.... the FIRE EMBLEM.
<Everyone> :O!!!
<TT> I'm... honestly not entirely sure what its purpose is, but Archanea has always bestowed it on our chosen champions. Also, you can use it to pick open treasure chests and stuff.
<Green> Sweet! :D
<TT> Truly, you are the hero we have been waiting for...​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 10 Lord
TGK: Lv. 8 Myrmidon
Palutena: Lv. 9 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 9 Hunter
Silver: Lv. 9 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 10 Pegasus Knight
Keeper: Lv. 4 Horseman
Cap'n BB: Lv. 9 Cavalier
Vom: Lv. 2 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:
Jagen: Lv. 1 Paladin
Julian: Lv. 3 Thief

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Myrmidon (Sword E)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Cavalier - Sword E, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Palutena: Pegasus Knight (Lance C)

Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Mag/Skl/Spd/Res/Peg)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Mag/Def/Res/Peg, Cap Spd)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Peg)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def/Peg)

Tails: Hunter (Bow D)
Pirate - Axe E (Gain Def, Lose Str/Skl)
Dark Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Def/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd)
Knight - Lance E (Gain Def, Lose Skl/Spd)
Mercenary - Sword C (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Str)
Fighter - Axe E (Gain Spd, Lose Str/Skl)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword C)
Cavalier - Sword C, Lance E (Gain Str/Def/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Celever: Pegasus Knight (Lance E)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Mag/Def/Res/Peg)
Cleric - Staff C (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def/Peg)

Keeper: Horseman (Sword E, Bow D)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Res/Horse)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
General - Lance D, Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd/Horse)
Hero - Sword D, Axe E (Gain Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Horse)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Def/Res/Horse)

Cap'n BB: Cavalier (Sword D, Lance B)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Skl, Lose Spd/Def/Horse)
Myrmidon - Sword D (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def/Horse)
Mage - Tome E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Horse)

Vom: Sage (Tome B, Staff D)

Bishop - Tome C, Staff D (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Dragon, Lose Mag/Res)
Paladin - Lance D, Sword E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Mag)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Swordmaster - Sword C (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Forging!

We can now forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Player Notes:

We have the Fire Emblem, woohoo! Unlike in FE3/12, Green getting the Fire Emblem doesn't really do much of anything aside from take up a permanent slot in his inventory and allow him to open chests (but not doors or bridges, oddly enough). This makes Julian kind of redundant, which is why I didn't mind when we didn't vote for him to be a permanent member of our party. You can buy door keys from most shops, so I don't expect it to be much of an issue.

We had a lot of death this chapter, the most of any chapter up until now (if you don't count me killing off the faceless replacements). I wanted to make sure we were below the requirement to unlock the Gaiden chapter (which we did), and, really, it's kind of annoying having a bunch of units lying around that you're just waiting to kill.

Despite Green's despair, Celever actually makes for a passable Pegasus Knight. She's got better Skl and Res than Palutena (and Mag, though that's kind of worthless), but is significantly slower. Her Str and Def are also a point lower. Of course, Palutena still wins for having the Win Spear, but Celever's not bad, certainly.

Next chapter will be our first Gaiden, 6x. I haven't actually ever played this level (or any of the SD Gaidens) before, so it should be amusing.

As always, please feel free to suggest reclasses! Due to Celever taking our second flyer spot, Vom's not allowed to go Draco at the moment, and the Myrm/SM cap is also still hit, but everything else is open.

No reclass today I say! I vote we just forge something for Palutena. Reclassing now would be absolutely pointless. Also, I stay silent al ever in this play through :p

There will be a reclass every chapter even if no one votes for one. If there aren't any reclass votes, then either I will pick a reclass or random.org will.

We will also forge a weapon every chapter (may as well, since you can only forge once each chapter anyway), though Palutena already has a forged lance (she was the first one to get a forge in C4) so it's unlikely she'll be getting another one for a while.

There will be a reclass every chapter even if no one votes for one. If there aren't any reclass votes, then either I will pick a reclass or random.org will.

We will also forge a weapon every chapter (may as well, since you can only forge once each chapter anyway), though Palutena already has a forged lance (she was the first one to get a forge in C4) so it's unlikely she'll be getting another one for a while.

But you have like, the perfect team! Ah well I'd say make Keeper a Hero, and Vom a Tome.

I still say you're already set for success :p

Chapter 6x: Our First Gaiden :D

Prince Green and his army began the trek towards Archanea but were soon summoned on their first sidequest.

<BV> Sire, this old man here we found on the side of the road wanted to speak to you.
<Green> Hello my old fellow. What can I do for you?
<OldMan> Oh, dear me, sonny, but you've got quite the army there, ain't you?
<Green> Well, we were quite a bit larger before the last army, but yeah, we've got some good fighting people. Did you need help with something? Perhaps someone to help you cross the street, or scare young children off your lawn?
<OldMan> Actually, it's pirates.
<Green> Pirates?
<OldMan> Yes. All of the fighting age men of my village were called off to fight in the war and the pirates took advantage of our lax security and kidnapped all of our children.
<Green> Huh. You'd think pirates would have gone for gold and treasures and stuff. I mean, it's not like kids are worth all that much...
<OldMan> *shrugs*
<Green> Oh well. We'd be happy to help you out, old chum! Everyone, prepare for battle!
<Keeper> Before we head off, sir....
<Green> Yes... Keeper, is it?
<Keeper> Indeed, sir. I couldn't help but notice that, with Barst gone, we don't have any axe users anymore.
<Green> Barst? That was that fellow's name? Huh.
<Keeper> Anyway, I was wondering if, to help fill this gap, you might allow me to put my horse and bow aside and become a Hero.
<Green> You've already got some of the worst Skill of this entire army and you want to take up the weapon with the worst accuracy?
<Keeper> Is that a problem, sir?
<Green> No, of course not. *sigh* Go stable your horse with the other extras and grab yourself an axe.​

Keeper pranced off towards the storage convoy. On the way, he passed Vom who was carefully inscribing the name "Charizard" onto a Fire tome he had forged. Eventually, the soldiers were all ready for combat. The village was in a mountainous region, so Palutena and Celever took to the skies while the others slowly progressed forward towards the village and the pirates. Julian tried to scout ahead and report on the upcoming terrain, but a couple pirates found him and made short work of him.

<Julian> I guess... the jig is up... take care, Celever... x_x;​

Shortly after Julian's demise, the army came to a river and decided to split up. Green took a few soldiers and headed to the northern bridge to investigate the village itself, while the remainder took the southern bridge that would lead them more closely to the pirate's lair. While Green investigated the village, he found a strange woman who wanted to help their cause.

<Athena> You must be the ones the old man brought over to help fight the pirates, huh.
<Green> Yep, it's been a piece of cake so far, really.
<Athena> If you don't mind, I'd like to help you out. You see, the people of this village cared for me when I was shipwrecked, so I owe them a debt. My name is Athena.
<Green> Athena, the Princess of Macedon?!
<Athena> Lolno. Just regular Athena, though I guess you can call me MyrmAthena if that will help clear things up for you.
<Green> Oh, okay, cool. Sure, you can join in.​

Witn MyrmAthena in tow, Green began the trek down towards the pirate fort where the rest of his soldiers were already mopping up the rest of the enemies. Hardin went against the pirate boss all by himself, and though it took a few rounds, he eventually managed to fell him and Green showed up just in time to seize control of the fort and save the kids.

<Kid> Wahhhhh! I wanna go home!
<Green> Ohgod, I'm not sure what's worse, the crying or the smell. Let's get these kids back to their homes pronto so I can wash my cloak, ugh.
<MyrmAthena> You did a good deed saving these kids, Green. Mind if I join your army for good? I won't even charge you.
<Green> Sure, why not, you're hired. Your first job is lugging these brats back to the village. >_<​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 10 Lord
TGK: Lv. 9 Myrmidon
Palutena: Lv. 9 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 10 Hunter
Silver: Lv. 9 Myrmidon
Keeper: Lv. 4 Hero
Cap'n BB: Lv. 10 Cavalier
Vom: Lv. 2 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:
MyrmAthena: Lv. 10 Myrmidon

Decisions:

Reclassing!

We will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Myrmidon (Sword E)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword C)

Keeper: Hero (Sword D, Axe E)
Warrior - Axe D, Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Def/Res)
Horseman - Sword E, Bow D (Gain Horse, Lose Skl/Spd/Def)
Berserker - Axe D (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Def/Res)
Sorcerer - Tome D, Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
General - Lance D, Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Player Notes:

And so we reach our first Gaiden chapter. Like most sidestories, this chapter was fairly short and straightforward with not too many enemies to kill. We've gained Not!Athena as well, and she actually comes in at a pretty high level, so it might be a little while before I can easily kill her off.

And so Keeper becomes a Hero as our only reclass vote from last time. I do want to try and train him on Axes (as long as he's in this class anyway), and will probably forged one for him soon if there are no other suggestions. At least the reclass does give him a significantly Skl boost, because Marth was right about his crappy Skl stat as a Horseman. Bows and Swords both have pretty good accuracy, but Axes are the worst by far, which is one of the main reasons that Axe-wielding classes tend to be among the worst, at least as a basic class.

I also took SS's suggestion and forged a Tome for Vom; I was actually planning on doing that last chapter but Lena needed the boost a lot more so I made her a Lance instead. Vom's Mag is really pitiful (4!) so he really could use the Might boost, though he's got a pretty high Spd so at least he's doubling almost everything. Still, he's primarily a staffbot more than anything else. It's a shame you can't forge Heal staves.

Thanks to replacements, we're locked out of Dark Mage/Sorc reclassing temporarily, but I'll kill them all off next chapter, and maybe Athena/Jagen too if I can swing it. It seems like these replacements are going to be one of the bigger factors in terms of who we can reclass, and they're always randomized. :p

Anyway, thanks for reading as always, and feel free to suggest reclasses and forges as usual. <3

You stole my thunder NotJim!

Anywho, if you have access to Steel weapons, then I vote BB to get a Steel Sword since his Sword Mastery is rather low.

Chapter 7: We found a dragon!

<TT> In honour of your successful work in saving me, and receiving the Fire Emblem, and promising to save my homeland, I would like to bestow upon your army a new title: The Archanean League!
<Green> But but but... I'm the leader and I'm from Altea. :<
<TT> Doesn't matter! The Archanean Empire is more important than puny Altea anyway. We're your suzerain!
<Green> Fiiiiiiine, we'll be the Archanean League...
<TT> Anyway, let's head for Castle Archanea.
<Green> Look, am I commanding this army or are you, princess?
<TT> Well, of course you're in charge. I'm just advising you. What would you like to do, Prince Green?
<Green> Well, is there treasure at this castle?
<TT> Loads!
<Green> Alright, then; let's head for the castle. What's the fastest way there?
<BV> That would be through the Lefcandith Valley, sire, though traveling through such a space would be setting ourselves up for an ambush...
<Green> Pah, these guys are weaklings. They can ambush us all they want but we'll still beat them through.
<BV> The regular army has proved insignificant compared to your greatness, yes sire, but sources indicate that the Whitewings will likely be nearby.
<Green> The Whitewings?
<BV> An elite flying force led by Princess Athena of Macedon.
<Green> Hmmm, flyers you say... I guess we'll want plenty of bow users then.
<Keeper> I'd be happy to swap back to being a Horseman, sire!
<Green> Done! Go grab your horse back and forge yourself a bow; I'm feeling generous today. Everyone else, prepare to be ambushed! We march through the valley.​

Keeper grabbed his horse, tossed his axe into a wagon, and then refitted himself with some bows, including a fancy one that he had forged and inscribed with his name. He finished getting himself ready just in time for the Archanean League to prepare their decent south through the valley towards Princess TT's home.

Meanwhile, down near the enemy's fortress...

<Athena> Ohgod, Harmein, your tactics suck.
<Harmein> Hah! I'd like to see you do any better. We tried your strategy Aurelis and you saw how well that worked out.
<Athena> It was working just fine until that pesky Altean prince showed up... *grumbles*
<Harmein> You may not agree with my tactics, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't obey them. You wouldn't want anything to happen to your little sister Maria, would you?
<Athena> No... :\
<Harmein> What a shame it would be if something... happened to her.
<Athena> Look, you don't have to threaten me. I really am trying to give you advice here. This Prince Green is better than you give him credit for, and if you attack him like this, you're just going to get wiped out.
<Harmein> Hah! We'll see about that. Everyone, battle stations!​

As they entered the valley, Green, Jagen, BB, and Palutena branched off to visit a small village in the mountains while the others progressed forward down the valley. The village only had a few soldiers surrounding it, so it was fairly easy for Green to warn the people about the upcoming battle, and while there, he ran into a kind of crazy old man.

<Bantu> Oi! You! Princely guy!
<Green> Why, yes, I am a prince. Can I help you, old fellow?
<Bantu> In your travels, have you met a young girl named Scattered Mind? Green hair, pointy ears, funky tiara, gives people nicknames, might transform into a dragon occasionally. I call her SM myself for short.
<Green> Uhhh... nope, doesn't ring a bell. Though transforming into a dragon sounds pretty useful...
<Bantu> It is! In fact, finding her should be your priority! She's the last remaining member of the Divine Dragon clan, and her power will be necessary to foil the plans of DNA. I myself am only a fire dragon...
<Green> Wait, you're a dragon too? Sweet! Transform and show me, please please please. :D
<Bantu> I'd be happy to, but sadly I lost my Firestone, so...
<Green> All you need is a Firestone? I picked up one of those somewhere. Catch! *tosses Firestone to Bantu*
<Bantu> Alright, I will transform for you on one condition: that you allow me to travel and fight with you and search for SM.
<Green> Condition accepted. Hell yes, we got ourselves a dragon on our team! :D
<Bantu> Alright, then, I will transform for you.... *ROAR!*
<Green> This is the coolest day of my entire life...​

The Archanean League proceeded slowly through the gauntlet, baiting the Grustian enemies and then ganging up on them. Overhead, Princess Athena and the Whitewings were spotted, but they did not engage in battle, instead simply watching from the mountains for a while and then flying away when they would see the battle was lost. Leading the vanguard, the other Athena, MyrmAthena, sadly met her end when a rain of javelins was simply too much for her.

<MyrmAthena> Vhoops... x_x;​

Reinforcements kept pouring out of the nearby forts, but Green and his soldiers held steady, picking them off while slowly working their way closer and closer to the castle where the boss awaited them. Eventually, Grust ran out of soldiers, and Green and Vom took down the boss together in a single round. Green was sitting and resting inside when BV came around.

<Green> Hey BV, 'sup?
<BV> Sire, I was wondering if I might tell you about--
<Green> Ohboy, another lecture.
<BV> This one is about dragons!
<Green> Alright, fine, I'm interested.
<BV> Did you know that the dragonkin are also referred to as manaketes?
<Green> No, but that's a totally boring fact. I hope you've got more interesting knowledge hidden up those voluminous sleeves of yours somewhere.
<BV> Well, they've been around for millenia, longer than humans. Eventually, they decided to seal their power away in stones and live peacefully among the humans.
<Green> Oh, huh, I guess that's why Bantu needed that goofy rock to transform for me.
<BV> However, a century ago, things changed when DNA, the Shadow Dragon, arose to power.
<Green> Oooh, now it's starting to get good. *grabs popcorn*
<BV> he became the Emperor of Dolhr and rained destruction across the land, subjugating and killing all the humans he came across as he ravaged the continent. When humanity was almost extinct, that was when your ancestor Anri appeared.
<Green> Oh, yeah, good old great-grandpa Anri...
<BV> He wielded the divine sword Falchion and with it he was able to slay the fell beast.
<Green> Yeah, yeah, I know the stories about Anri. And now DNA is back and I'm the only one who can wield Falchion to tear him down, blah blah. Don't you have any cooler stories to tell me? Maybe something with explosions?
<BV> *sigh* Not at the moment, sire, was just making sure you remembered. At some point, we're going to need to find the Falchion.
<Green> And we will! It's all a part of my revenge. >:3​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 11 Lord
TGK: Lv. 10 Myrmidon
Palutena: Lv. 10 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 11 Hunter
Silver: Lv. 10 Myrmidon
Cap'n BB: Lv. 11 Cavalier
Vom: Lv. 3 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:
Bantu: Lv. 1 Manakete

Decisions:

Reclassing!

TGK: Myrmidon (Sword D)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword B)

Forging!

We can (and will) forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Player Notes:

Holy reinforcements, batman! This is the first level where we've had to deal with them and there were a lot. I wasn't paying attention to them too much at first and had to restart because I didn't realize one of them came with a Ridersbane and it killed BB. >_> Otherwise, fairly easy. The most difficult thing was getting MyrmAthena and the replacements killed. MyrmAthena kept dodging hits and I wanted to keep my own army back and it was just kind of a mess.

We recruit Bantu this chapter, hurray for crazy old guy dragon. Even though we're not using him, we'll be keeping him alive for quite a while because he's needed to recruit Tiki later, and we are using her. In other news, Keeper is back to Horseman, and I did indeed forge a bow for him with some extra Might and Hit added. It ended up being useful against the flying units, though otherwise he was mostly providing chip damage.

With MyrmAthena and the replacements kills, our reclassing options open up a bit more now, letting us add the myrm/sm and dark mage/sorc lines to our available reclass options, for anyone interested.

Also:

Anywho, if you have access to Steel weapons, then I vote BB to get a Steel Sword since his Sword Mastery is rather low.

TGK couldn't wield a Steel Sword before because he was only at E Swords and he needs a D rank before he can wield Steel. However, he did gain a Sword rank this chapter so I'll probably be giving him a Steel Sword before the next chapter. His personal forge is still better, but may as well not waste that too much if we don't have to since forging is expensive.

Anyway, as always, I hope you enjoyed reading, and please suggest reclassing and forge options and stuff. Otherwise NotJim will be deciding my entire class assortment. :p

Vom should not go swordmaster. We need a magic/heal unit. If Vom should go anything it should be Mage, so he can improve his stats and not just be a prepromote the whole game.

You can't make someone go into a lower class in this game. The only classes available for each character are the ones listed in the spoiler; for Vom, those classes are Bishop, Paladin, Sniper, and Swordmaster (also Dracoknight, though he's currently locked out of that due to class maximums).

You can't make someone go into a lower class in this game. The only classes available for each character are the ones listed in the spoiler; for Vom, those classes are Bishop, Paladin, Sniper, and Swordmaster (also Dracoknight, though he's currently locked out of that due to class maximums).
Ohh okay. Then Vom should go Bishop so he can try and fix his prepromote stats but still use magic and heal.

While that's totally a valid suggestion and I accept it... for the record, Bishop actually makes Vom's stats worse. :p He loses Mag which is his most important stat and doesn't gain much of anything worthwhile.

While that's totally a valid suggestion and I accept it... for the record, Bishop actually makes Vom's stats worse. :p He loses Mag which is his most important stat and doesn't gain much of anything worthwhile.
Ohhh....

In that case, just ignore everything I said about Vom outside of him not going swordmaster. We need a healing unit.

Prehaps Celever should go mage so Celever can promote to sage and heal and magic?

Prehaps Celever should go mage so Celever can promote to sage and heal and magic?

You can certainly change your suggestion to that if you like. :D But all suggestions must be positive, so any votes of "don't do this" don't actually mean anything.

Chapter 8: In which Palutena wins 10G

<Green> Good news everyone! We've finally made it to Archanea! Rejoice!
<Everyone> Yay! \o/ *rejoicing commences*
<Green> You've all been working hard these last few chapters, so I want everyone to take a break for a bit and enjoy a short day off in the relaxing town of Port Warren. Which is totally not under siege or control of Dolhr in any way because they pay a bunch of money in bribes.​

And so the Archanean League enjoyed a short vacation, buying overpriced souvenirs and relaxing in the sun. However, their respite was not to last long as Grustian soldiers began to approach from the north after only a day of rest. With a sigh, Prince Green called his soldiers to order.

<TT> *sigh* I guess I should have known that we'd be hunted closely.
<Green> It's okay, Princess, we'll take care of these curs and then move on so we don't bring any danger to the town. It's probably for the best anyway. Everyone all ready to fight? Good, then le--
<Vom> Uh, sir, if you don't mind...
<Green? Yes Vom? What is it? Do you need a new healing staff?
<Vom> Actually, sir, I was hoping you would let me fight for you.
<Green> But you already...
<Vom> Not with magic and healing my lord, but with a sharp blade! I may not look like it now, but I used to be a prime swordman in my youth.
<Green> Riiiight.
<Vom> Please, my liege, let me take up the sword again and fight for your cause directly!
<Green> Eh, sure, why not, it'll be amusing at least.
<Vom> Excellent! With the sword of Honedge at my side, I will strike fear into your enemies. *scampers off*
<Green> *sigh* Jagen, please go buy some more vulneraries before we leave the port town...​

Prince Green and his army quickly changed out of their bathing suits and casual gear and suited up for battle. Unable to remember where he left his original sword, Vom instead forged a new one and had the name Honedge etched into the blade. Soon, they were all riding off to battle, but before they could get very far, a couple mercenaries ran forward, buckling on their swordbelts.

<Green> Oh, hey, who are you guys?
<Caesar> My name is Caeser and this is Radd.
<Radd> 'Sup?
<Caeser> We're actually mercenaries employed by the port town, so let us help you out with the battle? It's what we're paid for after all.
<Green> So long as you're not expecting to get any money from me, that's fine! Come on it.​

And so the Archaenea League prepared to advance. Jagen, BB, and Bantu were sent back to the city to stock up on supplies, though BB got sidetracked fighting in the local Arena to earn up some funds. Caesar and Radd took the vanguard (after all, they were the ones actually paid to defend the city) while Green and his troops brought up the rear, except for Palutena and Celever who flew up over the mountains to keep an eye on things.

<Palutena> Ohman, look at that pathetic sap of a knight with the pink hair over there.
<Celever> Man, he definitely looks like a loser.
<Palutena> 10G says I can flirt with him and convince him to join our side.
<Celever> Girl, if you can get him to defect to us just flirting with him, you'll have earned that 10G.
<Palutena> Challenge accepted!
<Palutena> *flies over* Hey there, cutie.
<Roger> Ohgod, it's a girl... and she's talking to me...
<Palutena> My name is Palutena and I'm here from Talys. What's your name, handsome?
<Roger> I-I-I-I'm R-Roger. But you're my enemy! Why are you talking to me?
<Palutena> You're just so cute and manly in that armor that I just had to fly over and chat with you. Do... Do you believe in love at first sight? Oh, look at me blushing like a maiden, I bet all the girls back in Grust fall all over you like this...
<Roger> Oh, no, I... I've never had a girlfriend or anything before.
<Palutena> I'm sorry for being so emotional, but this war it just... just drives me to tears. I just wish it would end.
<Roger> ... oh, yeah, the war, right, well, uh, hopefully it'll be over soon.
<Palutena> You're right, but... I don't suppose you might like to, you know, run away with me? To fight for Prince Green?
<Roger> But Grust is my home... I can't just... dessert.
<Palutena> Not even... for me? *puppy dog eyes*
<Roger> Oh... fine. I'd do anything for you!
<Palutena> Awww, thanks sweety. <3 Now go stab your fellow countrymen like a good boy.​

Radd and Ceasar sadly fell to the approaching army side by side.

<Caesar> Welp, I guess this is the end, buddy. x_x;
<Radd> At least you got to say a few lines. x_x;​

The Archaenean League moved up and quickly formed a defensive line to take down the rest of the cavaliers and Horsemen, then began to move towards the boss, though while their back was turned, reinforcements started pouring in from behind. Jagen held the bridge while Roger, blind with his love for Palutena, rushed the boss and promptly suicided himself.

<Roger> Oh, Palutena... x_x;
<Palutena> Welp, at least I won't have to break the news to him that I only flirted with him to win some gold.​

As Jagen held the bridge alone, Palutena and Green together took down the boss and capped the seize point to take control of the fortress.

<BV> Come my lord, and quickly! It's not safe here! We must flee to the Kingdom of Pyrathi!
<Green> What? Why?! We had them on the run!
<Palutena> Not at the end. More reinforcements than we can handle and even more coming. Come on, Prince Green, let's take a moment to regroup.
<BV> Besides, the plot calls for ir.
<Green> *sigh* Fine.​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 11 Lord
TGK: Lv. 11 Myrmidon
Palutena: Lv. 11 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 11 Hunter
Silver: Lv. 11 Myrmidon
Celever: Lv. 11 Pegasus Knight
Cap'n BB: Lv. 12 Cavalier
Vom: Lv. 4 Sage

Waiting for the Pyre:
Bantu: Lv. 1 Manakete

Decisions:

Reclassing!

TGK: Myrmidon (Sword D)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword B)

Vom: Swordmaster (Sword C)
Sage - Tome B, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Bishop
- Tome C, Staff D (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Dracoknight - Lance D, Axe E (Gain Str/Def/Dragon, Lose Skl/Spd)
Paladin - Lance D, Sword E (Gain Str/Def/Res/Horse, Lose Skl/Spd)
Sniper - Bow C (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Forging!

Player Notes:

This was actually the first almost difficult chapter I've had so far and I hope to show you why, but first (and to help with that a bit) let's do a character recap!

Prince Green
vvJuxJs.png

Prince Green is doing alright. He spends a lot of his time bee-lining to villages or thrones, so usually I have to specifically try and feed him exp. His Str isn't doing too bad, though most of the kills he gets are effective Rapier hits against Cavs or Knights. His sword rank is growing pretty admirably, and his level ups have been average. He'll likely decline in usefulness as the game goes on since he can't promote, but the Falchion will be a nice boost once he gets that.

TGK
817goiq.png

TGK at this point is mostly a lesser Navarre at this point. He isn't getting any Str in his level-ups, so he's very reliant on his forged sword to actually kill anyone, and even then he sometimes needs help. Otherwise, he's mostly a typical Myrm, fragile and relying on dodging and crits to be effective. I bought him a Steel Sword this level, but his forge is still better.

Palutena
uPOCYs5.png

Palutena is our first character to cap a stat, in this case Spd. She's gotten a couple lucky Str level-ups her last 2 levels (she only has a 20% Str growth), but she's still reliant on either her forge or her Win Spear to actually kill anything. Typically she flies around and one-shots Cav reinforcements with her Spear, or helps with boss killing.

Tails
fQZJ5V7.png

Tails is one of our most solid characters, funnily enough. He has the highest Str of the whole crew and pretty good Def too, despite being a back-line fighter. I haven't forged for him yet, mostly because he doesn't need it. His biggest flaw is that he basically gets no action during Enemy Phase because ranged enemies are more likely to attack someone that can't counter-attack and/or has less Def.

Silver the Silent
W3W70I7.png

Myrm/10. Silver's basically living up to his character's archetype quite well. He's fragile and relies on dodging to survive much, but is fast and good at crits. He's had some decent level-ups, so he's way ahead of TGK in terms of usefulness and is already at B Swords. Next chapter, he can wield the Silver Sword that we got from a village earlier, which is nice.

Celever
dHA5p9L.png

Celever is effectively a lesser Palutena without Win Spear access. She has ridiculously low Str and with only a 10% growth, she's not likely to get any more either. She's very reliant on her forge to do any damage, and even then, she can rarely kill without assistance. With her high res, she'd be a good mage killer... if there were any enemy mages. Mostly I just feed her occasional exp.

Keeper
6FywzlC.png

Keeper is... slowly gaining exp. He has great growths, but as a prepromote in very early game he gets almost no exp from kills. His bases are crap, too, so mostly he just provides chip damage. As much as I love Horsemen, he was admittedly more useful as a Hero. At least he should get another level up next chapter.

BB
lE7FqSC.png

Our other best unit next to Tails. Hardin is a very solid unit with good Str/Def, high Mov, and good command of the weapon triangle. He's almost at A Lances even! He's my first pick for frontline unit, and really the only character that gets EXP without even trying. I can't complain, so I guess I don't have much else to say. :U

Vom
G6GS3ai.png

Vom is... just hilarious as a Swordmaster. He even gets a bald battle sprite! Of course, he's also a promoted unit with only *5* Str... definitely needs that forge I gave him. His only real advantage is his balls high Spd stat which makes him really nice at both doubling and dodging... just doing no damage while he does so. I haven't really gotten to use him much in his current state, admittedly.

The short summary of all this is that... my characters are pretty pitiful at doing damage. Green and Palutena have nice effective weapons for Cavs/Knights, but everyone else aside from Tails and BB need help to actually accomplish any killing, especially against high Def enemies which was basically this entire level.

So, I'm running around with a small team, very few of them are actually good at killing anything, and now I don't even have a healer. :U I wasn't kidding about sending Jagen back to buy more vulneraries.

I usually like to milk reinforcements for EXP, but that wasn't really an option this level. Too many enemies that were too strong to kill effectively. So, we ended up boss rushing and ending the level with about ~10 extra enemies we could have killed but OH WELL.

I do find it funny that the first level that we don't actually just rout everyone is the also the level that the plot calls on us to flee. :U

As usual, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to suggest reclassing options. :3

PS: Roger's recruit conversation is just as horrible in the actual game, just longer.

Back