Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword - Final Chapter & Epilogue

and @Athena, you can be raven since your user title is "the black crow"!

Sorry to disappoint you, but:

NOTE: There's actually a faceless narrator/tactician with some minimal plot interaction that hasn't been mentioned so far in this post yet. Since I will be taking that role, I'm not applicable for any other character suggestions.

Fun Fact: "The Black Crow" is actually the title of Ursula, one of the side villains of the game. She's the same chick that's in my avatar. :p

You know what would be hilarious, if I made up a romantic Support between the tactician and one of the guys who can only Support with Priscilla....

Uhm.....

What is this about? What is the purpose? Can I have some input or am I too late? :oops:

Basically, Athena is going to play a game and write a bit of a story based on it; it's called a playthrough. She's getting the community to vote for PB members to be each of the in-game characters for extra lols and fun in general. You can vote yourself, just by posting in thread "XXX should be XXX role". Here is an example for what you could post. The post above the one I linked has a current tally.

Uhm.....

What is this about? What is the purpose? Can I have some input or am I too late? :oops:

BB got the gist of it above. Thanks, BB! :D

I'm playing FE7 and I'm going to write up each chapter as I go, with a bit of a humourous slant to it. People already voted on the units I will be using, but I'm still looking for some input on member to be various units (the units will be written as their assigned PB member names instead of their in-game names for extra amusement), and also to finish deciding which A Supports we'll be getting. You can see the details for those things here. You can also take a look at some previous threads here that I've done for other games, such as Awakening (which set off the trend) and Shadow Dragon (which I just finished) Otherwise, you're welcome to ask any other questions you have, or make suggestions for those categories, and of course you can follow along with the story once it starts. :)

Also, since we're on a new page, here's the breakdown of all of our characters and the current name suggestions for them, up through post #29:

Lyn: BB (1)
Sain: TGK (1)
Florina:
Erk: Celever (1)
Rath: NotJim (1), Vom (2)
Ninian: SM (1)
Nils: Celever
Lucius: PP (1)
Hector: Green (2), TGK (1)
Eliwood: NotJim (1)
Priscilla: Skyleaf (1)
Raven: Jabberwock (1)
Heath: Vom (1)

Current NPC Suggestions:

Nergal: Keeper (1)

Please look at the OP for further possible NPC suggestions, if desired.

If any characters don't get a member nomination, they'll keep their in-game names.

Oh cool, I recently finished my playthrough, none of my units died. That I'm pretty proud of!

I'm surprised nobody nominated Jaffar, I would be willing to! We have so much in common! (Haha just kidding obviously)

Though my favourite unit in Fire Emblem, powerwise, was Marcus. He was even more useful in The Binding Blade. Yeah I know his stats don't max out very well compared to other mounted units, but he was a fierce sweeper early on. When I get to know this community a little better I might nominate a member for Marcus.

Oh cool, I recently finished my playthrough, none of my units died. That I'm pretty proud of!

I'm surprised nobody nominated Jaffar, I would be willing to! We have so much in common! (Haha just kidding obviously)

Though my favourite unit in Fire Emblem, powerwise, was Marcus. He was even more useful in The Binding Blade. Yeah I know his stats don't max out very well compared to other mounted units, but he was a fierce sweeper early on. When I get to know this community a little better I might nominate a member for Marcus.

Unfortunately, you're a bit too late to suggest units, since we already have our team picked and neither Marcus nor Jaffar are on it. :< We can certainly still nominate people to take their places as NPCs, though I'd prefer we focus on the units we're using and other NPCs first since they'll have larger roles (I don't even remember if Marcus says much as an NPC in Hector mode, though Jaffar obviously still does). We still don't have any suggestions for Florina (poor Florina :<) and some other people have been nominated multiple times for different roles so we have more units than member suggestions, even for the suggestions that are already up.

And, yeah, I was certainly surprised by some of the nominations myself. :p Should be an interesting team!

Prologue: A (BB)Ninja from the Plains

Once, dragons and men coexisted.

They shared a peace forged in wisdom, a peace that lasted many generations. All that was lost when mankind disrupted this balance in a sudden onslaught. Man fought dragon in a savage war that shook the foundations of their world. This war was called The Scouring. Defeated and humbled, dragons vanished from the realm. In time, man rebuilt and spread his dominion across the land and on to the islands beyond. A millennium has passed since those dark days ended...

<???> Hey, you awake yet? I'm getting sick of sitting here and staring at you.​

Blearily, I opened my eyes and found myself in a tent. A hot girl with a long, green ponytail was standing next to me.

CG01.png

<Athena> Huh? What's going on? Where I am?
<???> I found you lying unconscious on the plains. My name is bbninjas, and I'm a member of the Lorca tribe.
<Athena> Oh, well, thanks, I guess. My name is Athena.
<BB> Athena? That's a weird sounding name...
<Athena> Well, "bbninjas" isn't exactly super common where I'm from, either.
<BB> Duh, it's Sacaen. So, what brings you out here all this way anyway?
<Athena> Well, I--
<BB> Ohshi- I heard something weird outside. BRB.​

BB ran to the entrance to the tent then quickly doubled back.

<BB> Bandits! >_< They've probably come from the Bern Mountains to hassle the nearby villagers.
<Athena> Wow, what a convenient way to introduce me to local geography AND have a nice, easy beginning chapter.
<BB> I'mma go whoop their asses. You stay here and drink that soup.
<Athena> Nah, let me come help you. I can't fight--hell, I don't even have a mug--but I can order your around the battlefield.
<BB> Excuse me?
<Athena> I'm a tactician! :D
<BB> :|
<Athena> Besides, I'm a stranger and we just met, so you have to trust me.
<BB> Well, I can't argue with that. Come on, lead my blade!​

Outside the tent were 2 bandits, one hanging out by some kind of fancy domed tent, and the other standing in the middle of the field, picking his nose.

<Athena> Well... this doesn't seem like much of a challenge at all.
<BB> Yeah, I dunno why you were so enthusiastic about helping. It's not like a situation like this really needs much strategy.
<Athena> As your official adviser in all matters related to strategy and tactics, I officially recommend that you... attack that dude with your sword.​

BB nodded, then ran off and attacked the dude with her sword. She made good work of him in only a few rounds, though he managed to get a lucky 30% hit on her.

<BB> Owwwwwww.... Athena, I'm going to take a round to heal.
<Athena> Oh, geez, come on, you can take that guy.
<BB> Nope, I'm using a vulnerary.
<Athena> *sigh* Now will you go attack the other guy by the domed tent thingy.
<BB> Sure!​

Once again, it only took a couple rounds and the battle was over. BB officially stood at the entrance of the domed tent to formally conquer it, then we went back to the tent to rest up and finished our soup and generally had a pleasant evening, presumably talking about the reasons I'm here and other such pesky details that are never really explained in the game properly.

The next morning, BB woke me up bright and early.

<BB> So, Athena, I guess you know a lot about traveling and fighting and stuff. Do you think... do you think I could come traveling with you? I won't be a burden, and I don't eat much.
<Athena> Sure, so long as your parents are cool with it. You're kind of young, still, after all...
<BB> My parents are dead. 6 months ago, bandits came and basically wiped out most of the tribe, including my mom and dad.
<Athena> Ohshi- sorry. >_>
<BB> NP. My dad was the chief and stuff but because I was too young, no one wanted to have me as the new leader so they all ran off. I've been alone since then...
<Athena> That is... really crappy. :| *patpat*
<BB> Anyway, I want to become stronger so I can avenge my parents' death. That's why I want to come with you! You can help train me, and we can go on all sorts of cool adventures! :D
<Athena> Sure! It's not like I have anything better to do.​

Current Team!

BB
- Lv. 2 Lord

Decisions!

We still have a few things to finalize for our picks. I'll leave these options open until the end of Lyn's Mode (Ch. 10) or until they've been finalized, whichever is sooner.

Member Names: As of the start of the playthrough, I've locked in most of the suggestions that people have made. However, there are still a few units without names. Also, Celever was the only suggestion for 2 separate characters, and each nomination only had one.

So, we need to decide whether Celever will be Erk or Nils. We also still need suggestions for Florina, Heath, and whichever of Erk/Nils is not going to be Celever. There are also some NPCs remaining that could be named as well.

Lyn: BB
Sain: TGK
Florina:
Erk: (Maybe Celever?)
Rath: Vom
Ninian: SM
Nils: (Maybe Celever?)
Lucius: PP
Hector: Green
Eliwood: NotJim
Priscilla: Skyleaf
Raven: Jabberwock
Heath:

NPCs:
Nergal: Keeper
Athos, Zephiel, Brendan, Limstella, Uther, and Elbert are also possible NPCs up for naming.

Supports: I'm also still looking for opinions on some of the open Support options that we have available. Please see this post for full details.

Hector/Florina and Eliwood/Ninian romantic Supports? Or Hector/Eliwood and Florina/Ninian aromantic Supports?

Who should Priscilla get an A Support with: Sain, Erk, or Heath? Should I also make up a fake Support chain between the Tactician and one of the remaining guys left over?

Player Notes

And so our trip through Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword begins.

The Prologue and first 10 chapters are known as "Lyn Mode" and effectively tell a smaller, somewhat separate story that stars Lyn (BB) and functions as something like a really long tutorial. BB will be our hero for this beginning part of the game, and then starting with Chapter 11 we'll swap over in "Hector Mode". But don't worry; BB and the other characters who are all in this early section will come back.

The funny thing about Lyn's Mode is that, if you play it on Normal, it really is something of a forced tutorial where the game will force you to make certain actions in order to proceed. I kinda referenced this with BB insisting on using a vulnerary. Hopefully that will provide some amusement.

Though, since we're just in the very beginning of the game, and this chapter was so short and simple, I don't really have much else to say.

Although there won't be much interaction within the game itself, I'm still looking for input on Supports and member names, so feel free to speak up if you have any ideas or suggestions. Otherwise, unnamed characters will remain unnamed, and I'll pick the Support options myself.

I hope you enjoy! <3

Alright, so I could be Florina? She is pretty much my favourite Pegasus Knight from the entire series. However it was difficult to keep her alive... Mage Erk would be fine as well.

I see my multifunctional name comes in handy again. Really with Robin Aisaga you can be anyone you like :D

Oh yeah, let's name everyone else :D
I'll prob come back after school with names for the NPCs. As for the supports, I'd personally like a romantic support over an aromantic one, for the others Priscilla x Heath and Sain x Tactician would be nice to see :D

Damn... Lyn's backstory is sad...

So, the game had a "tactician?" Was he an in-game character? :O

Anyway, the chapter was hilarious, as always. It's also worth noting that in the prologue some phrases show how much you liked the game :)

Also, I'm Hector Yay!

So, the game had a "tactician?" Was he an in-game character? :O

Yes, FE7 has a player-character-esque tactician. You get to pick their name, gender, and birth month, and they travel along and function as a strategist for the various battles of the game. They can't fight at all, but they interact with various characters in pre- and post-battle scenes and other dialogue. They even get a map sprite!

zxUUY0F.png

In some ways, the FE7 tactician is the precursor to the fully-fledged player avatars in FE12 and FE13, though with more minimal interaction. Aside from not participating in any battles, they don't get a mug, can't support, etc. They don't even actually SAY anything in the various dialogues, instead functioning as a "silent" characters whose words are interpreted based on context. Obviously, I'm scrapping that part for the sake of the walkthrough. :p

The only way the Tactician really influences the game at all is through their Affinity, which is decided by their chosen birth month (for this playthrough, ours is Ice). Units that have the same Affinity as the Tactician (in this playthrough, Nils, Ninian, and Raven) receive a slight boost to Hit and Avoid for each Tactician Star earned. Stars are awarded based on how well you perform in certain areas, including EXP gained, current funds, etc. The Tactician also gets an ending just like the other characters, with the text of the ending based on how good your ranking is.

Yes, FE7 has a player-character-esque tactician. You get to pick their name, gender, and birth month, and they travel along and function as a strategist for the various battles of the game. They can't fight at all, but they interact with various characters in pre- and post-battle scenes and other dialogue. They even get a map sprite!

In some ways, the FE7 tactician is the precursor to the fully-fledged player avatars in FE12 and FE13, though with more minimal interaction. Aside from not participating in any battles, they don't get a mug, can't support, etc. They don't even actually SAY anything in the various dialogues, instead functioning as a "silent" characters whose words are interpreted based on context. Obviously, I'm scrapping that part for the sake of the walkthrough. :p

The only way the Tactician really influences the game at all is through their Affinity, which is decided by their chosen birth month (for this playthrough, ours is Ice). Units that have the same Affinity as the Tactician (in this playthrough, Nils, Ninian, and Raven) receive a slight boost to Hit and Avoid for each Tactician Star earned. Stars are awarded based on how well you perform in certain areas, including EXP gained, current funds, etc. The Tactician also gets an ending just like the other characters, with the text of the ending based on how good your ranking is.

Nice! So they're the silent "Red" type. :p Definitely interesting, since knew nothing about it :p I thought Robin was second to FE 12's avatar.

Anyway, sorry for putting you into trouble writing all these for me... :/
GL with the next chapter (and those pesky cipher trades...)! ;)

So, I looked up Heath and saw green hair and a dragon. Looked up recruitment and personality. Can I please be him?

Chapter 1: TGK enters the fray!

And so, Athena and BB set out to go on adventures and stuff. They didn't really have any specific goals or plans or anything, so they decided to check out the nearby city of Bulgar, mostly because it was there and they didn't have anything better to do.

<Athena> So, I guess this is what passes for a city out in the middle of nowhere. It sure is, uh, filled with like 20 people.
<BB> Most of the people of Sacae are nomads who don't really give a crap about cities. But we can at least buy some supplies here and then move on.
<???> Oh, my heart! What a dazzling vision of loveliness!
<Lyn> o_o;
<Athena> o_x;​

We had barely taken a handful of steps towards the market (which consisted of 3 tents and a cow) when we were approached by two knights leading horses, one with shaggy hair and a charming smile in green armor... and the other facepalming, in red armor. Green Armor was making moony faces at me at Lyn.

<GreenArmor> O beauteous ladies! Would you not favour me with your names? Or better yet, your company?
<BB> Yeah, no, I think I'm going to go over here and buy some pepper spray now.
<Athena> *arches eyebrow* Is this a standard greeting where you come from, fly boy?
<GreenArmor> Well, I do hailed from Caelin in Lycia, home to men of passion and fire! *sleazy wink*
<RedArmor> *facepalm so much* TGK, will you just shut your face up already.
<TGK> Oh, come on Kent, no need to be such a stick in the mud...
<Kent> We're on a mission here, remember? :|
<BB> Look, I don't care who you are or where you're from or what your bloody mission, but your horses are blocking the road.
<Kent> Oh, my lady, you look so familiar... have we met before?
<BB> *rolls eye* Ohgod, I swear if one of you hits on me one more time.... *stalks away*
<Kent> I didn't mean it like that....
<Athena> Well, uh, good luck with your mission, guys. >_> *follows BB*
<TGK> *sigh* Goodbye ladies! *waves*
<Kent> Damnit, TGK, I think she might have been our mission! >_<​

With the Lycian Knights blocking the path to the market, BB just decided to forget about supplies and continue on with our journey. I was cool with heading on; looked like a pretty crappy market anyway. However, it wasn't long before I began to suspect that we were being followed...

<Athena> Hey, BB, I think we're being followed.
<BB> Don't tells me it's those creeps from town. -_-;
<Athena> Nope, pretty sure these guys are brigands. You can tell by the ugly face.
<UglyBrigand> Wahahahahahaha, you must be bbninjas!
<BB> Who told you my name? o_o;
<UglyBrigand> Man, you're cute. But for the amount of gold I'll get for killing you, I can buy a lot of pretty girls. C'mon out boys!​

Within moments, a whole crowd of brigands erupted from the shelter of nearby bushes and ruins. It was an ambush, and we were trapped right in the middle!

<BB> Oh, geez, this is a lot of bandits. I'm not sure I can handle this many on my own, even with your tactical help, Athena.
<TGK> Don't worry, you won't have to fight them on your own!
<Kent> Shame on you attacking a single girl in such numbers!​

TGK and Kent were galloping madly towards us from Bulgar, whipping their horses into a frenzy. BB facepalmed.

<BB> I don't need your help! I can do this on my own! >_<
<Athena> As your official adviser in all matters related to strategy and tactics... I really do think you could use their help if you want us to get out of this alive. >_>
<BB> Fine, but I get to lead. >:|
<TGK> Nope, I go first!​

Before I could say or do anything, TGK rushed forward to attack the first enemy with his lance... and missed.

<Kent> facepalm.jpg
<BB> facepalm.jpg
<Athena> facepalm.jpg
<Kent> Remember the weapon triangle, you doofus. Where's your sword?
<TGK> I, uh, don't have one? >_>
<Kent> *sigh* Fine, you can use one of mine. All these early game enemies are axe-wielders, anyway.​

Kent traded over one of his swords to TGK, then he and BB finished off the first brigand and the battle was afoot! TGK missed again, giving Kent the opportunity to ramble about terrain for a bit, but the rest of the battle went fairly smoothly. As if to make up for his previous blunders, TGK injured the boss but let BB take the killing blow.

<Kent> There. Now, will you give me a chance to talk before you storm off in a huff again?
<BB> :|
<Kent> TGK and I have come from Lycia on a mission.
<BB> *psst* Where's Lycia? >_>
<Athena> It's a country to the southwest of here.
<TGK> We're looking for the Lady Madelyn.
<BB> Madelyn? o_o;
<Kent> She's the only daughter of of Marquess Caelin. However, she eloped with some nomad about 19 years ago.
<TGK> I've never met her, but her beauty was unparalleled... *sigh*
<Kent> At first the Marquess was really pissed off and he disowned her, but earlier this year she sent a letter to him talking about herself, her husband, and their daughter. The Marquess was so happy...
<TGK> Srsly, you should have seen him, guy was in tears.
<Kent> He announced to the world that he was a grandfather, and that his granddaughter was named after his poor, dead wife, bbninjas.
<BB> :O!
<Athena> :O!
<TGK> The fact that the girl was named after Madelyn's mother was probably what pleased him the most, but whatever. Anyway, the dude is super old now, but he really wants to welcome Madelyn and her family back to House Caelin one last time before he croaks.
<BB> I hate to break the news to you, but...
<TGK> Madelyn and her man are dead? Yeah, we know.
<Kent> We learned that after arriving in Sacae, but we also learned that their daughter still yet lives, a lonely girl on the plains... that's you, isn't it?
<BB> Yes, Madelyn was my mother's name, though I never knew she was a noble... But how did you know it was me?
<Sent> Because you're as gorgeous as she is, of course. <3
<BB> Funny, most people just call me BB, but my mother still always called me by my full name, bbninjas. I guess she was honouring her mom.
<Athena> You know, that brigand called you bbninjas, too....
<TGK> I bet he was a henchman of Lord Lundgren! >:|
<BB> o.o?
<Kent> Lundgren is the Marquess's younger brother. He always thought that he was the heir to the throne ever since your mother left, but now that your existence is known, you're the rightful heir and he's kind of pissed off about it a bit.
<BB> So what? I don't care about inheriting some noble title. He can keep it.
<TGK> Hah, you think he believes that? Men like him only believe in power, and they could never conceive of someone turning it down.
<BB> What a (^#&.
<Kent> Please, my lady, accompany us back to Caelin. We can fight together to protect you from Lundgren's thugs, and you can meet your grandfather.
<BB> What do you think, Athena?
<Athena> I think you should go. And I think I'll come with you, too.
<BB> Hurray! \o/​

Current Team!

BB
- Lv. 3 Lord
TGK - Lv. 2 Cavalier

Decisions!

We still have a few things to finalize for our picks. I'll leave these options open until the end of Lyn's Mode (Ch. 10) or until they've been finalized, whichever is sooner.

Supports: I'm still looking for opinions on some of the open Support options that we have available. Please see this post for full details.

Green/Robin and NotJim/SM romantic Supports? Or Green/NotJim and SM/Robin aromantic Supports?

Who should Skyleaf get an A Support with: TGK, Luispipe, or Cypher? Should I also make up a fake Support chain between Athena and one of the remaining guys left over?

So far, we've had a single vote for romantic supports and for Skyleaf/Cypher, Athena/TGK, but I'll continue to leave it open for a while for a few more opinions.

Player Notes

TGK's lines are already hilarious. No need to improvise.

Since we've had suggestions for everyone now, I'm going to go ahead and close name suggestions for PCs. All units are now in the OP! NPC suggestions are still open, but totally optional.

I forgot how... detailed the tutorial is for LNM. I should have done Hard Mode. Kind of annoying to be walked through every single step of how to, say, trade and item. It also forces certain actions I'd rather not do, like waste vulneraries and give Kent EXP.

Since I haven't really talked much about our PCs' capabilities, I may as well start now.

Lyn is kind of an nonstandard Lord. Obviously, she's female, but she's also based heavy on a Myrmidon. She wields Swords and has high Skl/Spd/Lck growths, so she's a fast dodgetank. She gets a unique Prf weapon that functions somewhat like a Rapier, giving her effective damage against armors and hoses, and it also boasts a high crit like a Killing Edge.

Sain is the "green" Cavalier if you just look at his armor, but in practice he's really the Red Cavalier of the standard Cav Duo archetype. He has high Str and Spd, but poor Skl and Def. As a Cav, he also boosts high movement and the ability to use both Lances and Swords. As a mounted class, he also gets the ability to use the rest of his Mov range after performing an attack (like the skill Canto in RD).

Both are good units and will gain a lot from having these early tutorial chapters to funnel them EXP before moving onto the main game in Hector Mode.

And so the plot of this chapter gives us a hint at the plot for this section of the game as a whole. BB wants to travel to Caelin to meet her living family while Evil Bad Guy Lundgren tries to kill her. Will they survive? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

So... Athena what do you with units that are not allowed in your Team? Let them die?

Well for romantic support, I'd say the first combination. A-romantic < Romantic if you ask me. Also I don't know what SM stands for. I did some research but it failed...

Back