Ash Ketchum’s Journey Ends After 25 Years, Fulfilling Conditions of Pokemon Anime Director from 2008

I hope that they swing back to ash after about a year or 2. THE RETURN OF ASH AND PIKACHU! I can see the marketing now! Pokemon will instantly make another billion easy lol . Its like the death of superman stuff. Actually the more i think about it there is No shot pokemon makes ash and pikachu disappear permanently.

Could be wrong though ?

Reactions: Omi
The next protagonist has to be completely different from Ash's personality. Ash was a very comical protagonist, I would guess the next protagonist wouldn't be as comical. This is a serious gamble.
The producers of the anime series have come to the realization that after 25 years it's very difficult to sell both on a story and the games that you're trying to promote. For me I was more interested in the story of Ash and Pikachu yet ever generation had it's own set of challenges to get them to fit within the narrative. With new main protagonists it sort of gives them more creative freedom to help promote the games.

The producers of the anime series have come to the realization that after 25 years it's very difficult to sell both on a story and the games that you're trying to promote. For me I was more interested in the story of Ash and Pikachu yet ever generation had it's own set of challenges to get them to fit within the narrative. With new main protagonists it sort of gives them more creative freedom to help promote the games.
I agree with this. I just dont want them to make ash and pikachu completely disappear. Bring them back for a short appearance or specials. Heck use ash and Pikachu in movies and make tv series with new characters.

They need to change Ash out. Seems people forgot about Ash vs Roxie, where he doesn't know what a Koffing is yet he fought one on the daily. This has been an issue they've been having a difficult time dealing with as the series goes on.

How do you portray Ash as a knowledgeable trainer while using a Pokedex on mons he's previously seen so kids can learn about them. You can't.

They need to change Ash out. Seems people forgot about Ash vs Roxie, where he doesn't know what a Koffing is yet he fought one on the daily. This has been an issue they've been having a difficult time dealing with as the series goes on.

How do you portray Ash as a knowledgeable trainer while using a Pokedex on mons he's previously seen so kids can learn about them. You can't.
Good point. This has been a frustrating aspect of the series is the relearning of pokemon for new viewers. Sad about ash leaving but at the same time excited about new adventures and pokemon. New stories and people.

There's already a wild rumor going around that the new female main protagonist for the Scarlet and Violet anime might actually be the biological daughter of Ash and Serena due to her hairpin looking like the green symbol on Ash's first hat from the Indigo League series while also having Serena's eyes and facial features. She's also seen wearing a Thunderstone necklace in which everyone is assuming that it's the same Thunderstone that Ash never used to evolve his Pikachu into Raichu. The new male main protagonist for the Scarlet and Violet anime looks like he might be related to Kiawe of the Alola region given their hairstyles are almost identical especially since they both have Fire type Pokémon one being a regional form of Marowak being Fire / Ghost while the other is Fuecoco whose final form Skeledirge is in fact Fire / Ghost.

Coincidence?

Don't know If anyone remembers this but there was a deleted scene after the end credits from Pokémon: The First Movie exclusive to the Official Japanese release where Ash's Pikachu was wondering where his trainer went only to be greeted by what might have been Ash's daughter with Misty as her mother accompanied by another female character. I remember finding the video years ago but YouTube ended up deleting it so here's a re-upload. Technically this was supposed to be the original canon ending to Ash's Journey that would've took place at the end of the Indigo League where Ash Ketchum loses to Gary Oak right before Johto. Kinda sad that this female character no longer exists If she was originally intended to be Ash's biological daughter instead of the possibility of the new female lead in the Scarlet and Violet anime:

Last edited:
There's already a wild rumor going around that the new female main protagonist for the Scarlet and Violet anime might actually be the biological daughter of Ash and Serena due to her hairpin looking like the green symbol on Ash's first hat from the Indigo League series while also having Serena's eyes and facial features. She's also seen wearing a Thunderstone necklace in which everyone is assuming that it's the same Thunderstone that Ash never used to evolve his Pikachu into Raichu. The new male main protagonist for the Scarlet and Violet anime looks like he might be related to Kiawe of the Alola region given their hairstyles are almost identical especially since they both have Fire type Pokémon one being a regional form of Marowak being Fire / Ghost while the other is Fuecoco whose final form Skeledirge is in fact Fire / Ghost.

Coincidence?

Don't know If anyone remembers this but there was a deleted scene after the end credits from Pokémon: The First Movie exclusive to the Official Japanese release where Ash's Pikachu was wondering where his trainer went only to be greeted by what might have been Ash's daughter with Misty as her mother accompanied by another female character. I remember finding the video years ago but YouTube ended up deleting it so here's a re-upload. Technically this was supposed to be the original canon ending to Ash's Journey that would've took place at the end of the Indigo League where Ash Ketchum loses to Gary Oak right before Johto. Kinda sad that this female character no longer exists If she was originally intended to be Ash's biological daughter instead of the possibility of the new female lead in the Scarlet and Violet anime:

That is so cool!!!! Thx for posting this!

Well we don't know If the rumor is true or not so I encourage you to take it with a grain of salt. There's a good chance that the new main protagonists in Scarlet and Violet might not have any relation to past characters of the anime series. If so then that's okay. Given that nobody in the anime series actually ages we might not get a timeskip like in other anime series. Be nice though but lets be realistic here.

Remember how 20+ years ago people were stupid enough to think Misty couldn't be "replaced" and tried to make a big deal out of her leaving only for her to stay gone for 20 years and be replaced with 9 more female companions?

Well it's the same for Ash. Liko's series has aired now and it's good so far. Just like all those obsessive Misty fans couldn't handle her leaving but people continued to watch anyway, it's the same here. Just look back and laugh like most of us have been doing.

Back