Pokémon Ash-Greninja: Battle Bond?

So Greninja's STAB moves will be stronger with Battle Bond, and every other move will be stronger with Protean.

That speed increase may seal the deal though.

The one concerning thing I've heard though is
that the Greninja comes with a neutral nature, so if it's not breedable, it's basically worthless

Itll definitively be breedable I dont see why it wouldnt be able to breed. There obviously is the chance that they lock it from getting egg drops, but that would be stupid on their part as that would make it basically worthless to play the demo. I also think that it is the pre release version he is playing. Last minute bug fixes and stuff might still be missing.

Ash-Greninja can probably breed given that it's a Greninja.

HOWEVER, how will Battle Bond be breedable? Will it be possible for the ability to get passed down? Or is it locked to this one Pokemon?

EDIT: The data structure for Ash-Greninja has it listed as a totally different Pokemon than regular Greninja. So it is unable to breed, even with Ditto, as it is not in any egg group (similar to Legends/Babies). This has happened before with Spiky Ear Pichu.

Last edited:
Due to this info, I think it is a sure thing to say it will be banned from VGC (event Pokemon).

Back