Art Gallery Art & Stuff by PkMnC

PkMnC

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone,
I thought I could share some of my 3d renders and fake cards (and possibly more in the future).
Feedback is always appreciated!

Clay Azumarill
upload_2015-12-22_17-2-22.png

upload_2015-12-22_17-1-52.png

upload_2015-12-22_17-2-9.png

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
3D render of the clay Azumarill seemed rather real at first glance haha. Great job with it!

Considering this is the Smeargle's Canvas forum, I would like to redirect you over to Imposter Professor Oak's Fakes forum. That forum is where faking materials can be posted, so if you have fake cards you would like to show to the community, it would be better if you could create a thread there, since the forum is reserved for posting fan-made materials (cards, full tcg sets, games, fakemon, etc). You would use this thread to continue showing off your 3D renders of Pokemon or any other type of non-fake related artwork. Hope that makes sense! :)

Keep up the good work!

PkMnC

Aspiring Trainer
I thought about posting there, but I'm definetly more interested in making card artwork rather than complete cards.
(the Donphan beeing an exception)
Maybe in the future...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
If in the future you wish to make more cards, post a new thread in Imposter Professor Oak's Fakes forum with content like Ice Arceus said. :)

Anyways, I really, really like your Azumarill render! It doesn't feel like a sticker placed over a model like those I've tried to render, but instead has proper shading and the like. It also looks perfect for a card!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
That Azumarill is really solid! It's the right mixture of clay without looking too fake, if you know what I mean. Do you have plans to do any more of that type?

PkMnC

Aspiring Trainer
Do you have plans to do any more of that type?

Since it's just a matter of switching out the model and background, I could easily do more.
However I'm probably just going to use the 3ds models instead of making my own.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Since it's just a matter of switching out the model and background, I could easily do more.
However I'm probably just going to use the 3ds models instead of making my own.
Have you made any of your own models for your past works?

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
Awesome stuff! One thing to keep note of for your work is antialiasing - keeping the edges of your Pokemon smooth. The Azumarill on the rocks has pixellated edges, detracting from its quality. You can fix that in multiple ways; my ways are either (1) put effort into increasing the antialiasing quality in your 3D rendering software or (2) blending the render with the background with eagle-eye precision in your image editing software. This sort of thing is very noticeable on both of your Azumarill renders - Donphan and Starmie look perfect, so I'm thinking you might have picked up on the AA stuff already. Keep up the good work!