• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aromatechs

Takezo_Kensei

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Experience: Intermediate/Veteran

Pokemon
  • 2 Spritzee
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 2 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Thundurus EX
  • 2 Landorus EX
  • 2 Genesect EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 1 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Verizion EX
  • 1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 G-Booster
  • 2 Fairy Garden

Energy
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 4 Prism Energy
  • 4 Plasma Energy

Strategy

-Typical Big-Basics but with the addition of Aromatisse, it allows for MUCH more customization. The deck hits for weakness against most everything popular in the meta.
-Fairy-Trans the Rainbow/Prism off your active, Max Potion, move it back.
-G-Booster because Genesect is the prime target for Plasma Energy, might as well make use of them.
-Fairy Garden is in case of Garbodor, still allows free retreat.
-Keldeo is in case of Trevenant / Lasers, also good against Rayboar after a Red Signal

~~~~~~~

What I would like help with, is cards I could use to help my matchups against Rayboar/Blastoise. So if you have any suggestions there, please don't hesitate to offer advice :)

Consider adding "little" Black Kyurem or Rayquaza. Both are Dragon type and can 1HKO Black Kyurem EX or Rayquaza EX.

TuxedoBlack said:
Consider adding "little" Black Kyurem or Rayquaza. Both are Dragon type and can 1HKO Black Kyurem EX or Rayquaza EX.

Actually both BKEX and Rayquaza

TuxedoBlack said:

Rayquaza does seem to be the best option, but they can easily revenge kill it and I lose 3 energy in the process. A main problem this deck has is energy conservation. Losing a pokemon with 3-4 Energy on it is a big hit if I can't get a Thundurus going.

Virizion and Keldeo seem a little redundant. Consider to loose one of them and tech Kecleon and a Silver Bangle for the Dragons. Although he also discards resources he can ohko Rayquaza and Black Kyurem in one hit. With a Bingle he needs to discard one or even no energy with Silver Bangle. You can consder to loose Shadow Triad and either Virizion or Keldeo for him.

Dark Espeon said:
Virizion and Keldeo seem a little redundant. Consider to loose one of them and tech Kecleon and a Silver Bangle for the Dragons. Although he also discards resources he can ohko Rayquaza and Black Kyurem in one hit. With a Bingle he needs to discard one or even no energy with Silver Bangle. You can consder to loose Shadow Triad and either Virizion or Keldeo for him.

Virizion and Keldeo serve two completely different purposes here. There isn't much room on the bench for something to sit that isn't useful, so I'll usually only play Keldeo if he can hit for weakness or I absolutely need to get my Active out of trouble.

Keldeo doesn't do much good if my opponent hits for 140-150 with Virbank+Laser in play, Virizion is there to protect from Accelgor, protect from Lasers, protect from random status ailments. Keldeo is a reactive card, VIrizion is proactive. So again, both are necessary to the deck.

What I'm trying to find, as a reliable counter to Rayquaza/BKEX is something that can't be revenge KO'ed, something that won't lose all of it's attached energy when it dies to the revenge KO. Energies are VERY precious in this deck, losing 3 or more with a KO really hurts. Adding Kecleon and Silver Bangles are very counter productive as Kecleon get's OHKO with Red Signal/Catcher before I can even do anything with him, and running Silver Bangle in a deck full of EX pokemon, to only be used on the one non-EX attacker I would have isn't a good idea either.

Shadow Triad has won me games, get a clutch Plasma/Red Signal, get back a scrapped G-Booster, etc.

Takezo_Kensei said:
What I'm trying to find, as a reliable counter to Rayquaza/BKEX is something that can't be revenge KO'ed, something that won't lose all of it's attached energy when it dies to the revenge KO. Energies are VERY precious in this deck, losing 3 or more with a KO really hurts. Adding Kecleon and Silver Bangles are very counter productive as Kecleon get's OHKO with Red Signal/Catcher before I can even do anything with him, and running Silver Bangle in a deck full of EX pokemon, to only be used on the one non-EX attacker I would have isn't a good idea either.

To tell the truth you are looking for an unicorn here. The two dragons can ohko every Pokémon in the format when they have access to the energy. You could always replace Landurus with the Plasma version and run Frozen city if you are that concerned about Blastoise and Rayboar. It will not help at all versus Yeti, which is another concern but at least it covers another deck that Rainbow Faries tend to have issues with.

Dark Espeon said:
To tell the truth you are looking for an unicorn here. The two dragons can ohko every Pokémon in the format when they have access to the energy. You could always replace Landurus with the Plasma version and run Frozen city if you are that concerned about Blastoise and Rayboar. It will not help at all versus Yeti, which is another concern but at least it covers another deck that Rainbow Faries tend to have issues with.

Yeah, it's beginning to feel like a wild goose chase. I think I should just conserve my Plasma Energy and force out the Blastoise/Emboars.

Wow, so someone piloted a version of my deck to win the Singapore States tournament! It's different by only a few cards! :D This makes my day :D

Congrats to that player. Though it's a bit surprising since either Blastoise, VirGen or RayBoar decks would have been stronger match-ups IMO.

TuxedoBlack said:
Congrats to that player. Though it's a bit surprising since either Blastoise, VirGen or RayBoar decks would have been stronger match-ups IMO.

Considering that the number of Tropical Beaches at the entire Singapore tournament could have been counted on one hand, Rayboar/Blastoise are nearly non-existant over there. And VirGen has a pretty bad matchup VS Plasma, which was the main deck of the day during that event.

Back