JacetheDerpScuplter

Aspiring Trainer
You seem universally incapable of imagining a new pokemon design can be good. I get not liking them, you're allowed to, but people like you who act like literally nothing past gen 4 is good are insufferable nincompoops who would be better off not giving the opinion of a basement-dwelling sack of blubber. Nobody wants you around and we'd all be happier if you lived your contrarian life alone.

You keep blaming me but I just keep telling you the facts. The facts are that the only pokemon that makes products sell very well are mostly Pokemon from gens 1 to 3. Why do you think Nintendo just keeps rehashing them so much for? Why do you think we got Gigantimax and Mega Evolution? It was to sell the same popular pokemon from gens 1 to 3 that people want. Outside of the loud hardcore fanbase, most of these new pokemon are not popular and do not sell well.

The only person who doesnt want me around is you and your just in denial at this point. The best selling pokemon TCG sets all have the same characteristics. They either have Charizard, Pikachu, Legendary/Mythical Pokemon, some of the fan favorites from Gen 1 and Eevee Evolutions. If you want to live in another alternative reality, be my guess. I like it here on planet earth though and on planet earth this is what is happening. Its not a matter of just me who is "incapable of imagine new pokemon design", its most of the general public who sees that its just not good.

APackOfAlpacas

Aspiring Trainer
You keep blaming me but I just keep telling you the facts. The facts are that the only pokemon that makes products sell very well are mostly Pokemon from gens 1 to 3. Why do you think Nintendo just keeps rehashing them so much for? Why do you think we got Gigantimax and Mega Evolution? It was to sell the same popular pokemon from gens 1 to 3 that people want. Outside of the loud hardcore fanbase, most of these new pokemon are not popular and do not sell well.

The only person who doesnt want me around is you and your just in denial at this point. The best selling pokemon TCG sets all have the same characteristics. They either have Charizard, Pikachu, Legendary/Mythical Pokemon, some of the fan favorites from Gen 1 and Eevee Evolutions. If you want to live in another alternative reality, be my guess. I like it here on planet earth though and on planet earth this is what is happening. Its not a matter of just me who is "incapable of imagine new pokemon design", its most of the general public who sees that its just not good.
From 2020 not that long after SW&SH was released. Gen 1-3 pokemon didn't even make the top 3 and are only 11 of the top 30.

JacetheDerpScuplter

Aspiring Trainer
From 2020 not that long after SW&SH was released. Gen 1-3 pokemon didn't even make the top 3 and are only 11 of the top 30.

Sorry but any list that doesnt have charizard at #1 as the most popular pokemon is bogus. Greninja and Mimikyu are nowhere close to the top selling cards in the TCG and its just simply because Charizard is the most easily identifiable Pokemon next to Pikachu. Not to say that Greninja or Mimikyu are bad since for modern pokemon they sell ok, but not even close to the top 10. Probably top 10 of all pokemon after gen 3, but considering that list is so small in the first place, it doesnt matter.

But im not going to keep arguing with fanboys who are in denial with reality. I sell on ebay and constantly see the same exact cards sell down to where its basically a science now a days. The people who keep whining about the scalpers are the same people who barely buy any of the new pokemon cards and only want the same exact creatures over and over again. And it wouldnt surprise me if most of the people on here just want the products cheap to sit on for years and are just gaslighting people to manipulate them into cheap product that themselves will resale to make money. The people who complain the loudest also seem to be the sketchiest people.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry but any list that doesnt have charizard at #1 as the most popular pokemon is bogus. Greninja and Mimikyu are nowhere close to the top selling cards in the TCG and its just simply because Charizard is the most easily identifiable Pokemon next to Pikachu. Not to say that Greninja or Mimikyu are bad since for modern pokemon they sell ok, but not even close to the top 10. Probably top 10 of all pokemon after gen 3, but considering that list is so small in the first place, it doesnt matter.

But im not going to keep arguing with fanboys who are in denial with reality. I sell on ebay and constantly see the same exact cards sell down to where its basically a science now a days. The people who keep whining about the scalpers are the same people who barely buy any of the new pokemon cards and only want the same exact creatures over and over again. And it wouldnt surprise me if most of the people on here just want the products cheap to sit on for years and are just gaslighting people to manipulate them into cheap product that themselves will resale to make money. The people who complain the loudest also seem to be the sketchiest people.
Actually, this is one thing I agree with you on. If I had to take a guess, I'd say that in the last 600 days there's probably been around 3,000-7,000 artworks drawn of charizard and around 2-3k of greninja. These polls that Pokemon has fans take are not an indicator at all of how popular a Pokemon is. Apparently the least popular Pokemon of all time in Japan is Simisear.
You're telling me SIMISEAR is less popular than Nincada? Or Heatmor? Or Lombre??? Nah, that's straight up wrong lol

APackOfAlpacas

Aspiring Trainer

"the stats say that the new mons are bad! Oh, these stats say the opposite? nah, stats are only valid if they support my view."

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account

Lots of projection there, buddy.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Personally, like most of the Scarlet/Violet new Pokemon so far, I'm really not a fan of Ceruledge or Armarouge. I just don't like their designs at all. Not sure what in particular bugs me, I have a pretty wide array of likes. (My top 10 favourites literally include Pokemon from every generation other than 4 and 9, even.) Judging by my particular likes, I can tell I like Gen 4's Pokemon designs less than other gens, even if I can't quantify why. But that in itself means nothing to literally anyone else. I've never gotten why people feel the need to hammer their likes into other people as if it's life or death. Different people like different things. I don't like Ceruledge's design. Others do. That's cool. If everyone liked the same thing, nothing would be unique or special at all.

JacetheDerpScuplter

Aspiring Trainer
"the stats say that the new mons are bad! Oh, these stats say the opposite? nah, stats are only valid if they support my view."
If you really believe that Greninja is more popular than Charizard then I dont know what to tell you. I must have missed all those greninja chase cards since I dont even know of a single Greninja card with any serious value, unlike the dozens of high dollar Charizard cards.