DPPt/HGSS Are Raichu any good?

daviduk2000

Aspiring Trainer
ok my mate keeps telling me there really bad. but i really like mine. its saved me ALOT, with its amazing speed and thunderbolt just kicks ass

i have
lvl 82 Raichu
Female

Impish nature

HP 215
Attack 187
Defense 136
Sp Attack 178
Sp Defense 169
Speed 213

Thunderbolt
Quick attack
Strength
Iron tail

i know his move pool is bad (what should i put in instead of strength and quick attack especially quick attack which is awful for a fast pokemon)

anyway so i decided to raise a new one so i got my self a Surfing pikachu from the yellow forrest.
(now a raichu)

Quiet nature
lvl 46
female

HP 127
Attack 102
Defense 64
SP. Attack 116
SP. Defense 95
Speed 98

Surf
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Slam

i wanna change slam for focus punch is that a good idea? especially since quiet nature hinders speed.

anyway im very new to "training" pokemon. iv never gone past the story in any of them. and NEVER paid attention to stats / EV's before

can someone tell me if

a) raichus are really bad
B) my raichus are any good?

RE: Are raichus any good?

raichu is average at best in general. and i would drop slam for something more usefull like discharge for example. and never, NEVER teach a mon focus punch without teaching it substitute, too. and raichu is no subpuncher. i dont know the best movepool for raichu, mainly because it isnt a usefull pokemon

Yup raichu is average and to be honest has decent speed but its attack stats really dwindle it to pack ''10,000'' volts of energy.

You're best bet for a good Raichu would be the Smogon set with Nasty Plot and Hidden Power Ice. Nasty Plot helps boost Raichu's Sp. Atk Stat like crazy helping it sweep with Thunderbolt, Encore can lock Status moves while you're sweeping, while Hidden Power Ice helps you get coverage on Ground and Grass Type Pokemon.

You'd also want to go with Timid nature with Life Orb along with 252 EV's in Sp. Atk and Speed with just 4 on Sp. Def. You could go with Grass Knot over Hidden Power Ice or Encore to counter not just Ground Types but also heavyweight Uber Pokemon as well.

I'm with Card Slinger in here. Raichu's best bet is Nasty plot + Thunderbolt sweeping. But I prefer the Grass Knot over HP ice over for the same reason as Card Slinger.
Ground type killing.

Yes nasty plot is its best set but you have to understand,If you dont get that nasty plot boost in time your raichu is as good as dead.May it be fast but it is still at a subpar level in speed so it will still loose some health and a good chunk of it unless you use a salac berry +sub +nasty plot setup.

Trust me quick attack is not bad on fast pokemon.Scyther is commonly seen with it.Quick attack should only be used to pick off weak targets in the red gauge.Nasty plot is always a good sub for strength which suprisingly barely or scarcely has playtime in metagame.It amybe fun for in game purposes but if you dare use it in the metagame it is a sure loss.However In this case drop quick attack for substitute and do the technique I demonstrated above with salac berry and all that other stuff.

I'd say that Raichu is a Great Pokemon in my opinion. I have a friend who's Raichu utterly destroys pokemon.

In terms of Stat wise it does have some low stats. But if trained right and given good moves it can be a very important part of any team.

I Like that your Raichu's have moves that I wouldn't expect a Raichu to have. That is what I like to see in my own Pokemon is moves that throw off the enemy and make them re-think how they are gunna face it.

It's a awesome legendary, but I think it's a 4/5.

It's your opinion, so I don't really care!

A)
is my answer.

Pikachu is a better sweeper than Raichu if you give it a light ball. You can go here for good pikachu movesets. I have to go with B.

@the guy with the name that is hard to spell: is there a point to your post? I assume the first part you mistook Raichu for Raikou, but the rest of it makes no scense.

Back