Are Prereleases worth it?

Silvermakimore said:
How big is this "local area"? And what does the size of your card collection have to do with the prereleases anyway? Saying that implies you got most(or all) of your cards from prereleases!

Other things I have to point out about Pre-Releases are that:

They are WITHOUT A DOUBT the easiest way to get basic energy!!

The sleeves that are given out are only given out at those specified torniaments, therefore making them collector's items and by association worth A LOT of money.

We have alot of people. Really good players, and about 30 people every league (good people).

I do not get all my cards at a prerelease. I get all my cards from trading.Infact I barely go to prereleases. I have over 400 ex cards. I can trade for whatever I want pretty much. I sold over 30 level X cards, and I still have about 120. I have a lot of primes aswell, meaining about 40.

yes it is VERY worth 25. you get 8 total packs. and you get 60 sleeves. if you're new,this helps you get some more experience too.

It is so worth it. Cheap pack, lots of fun and the sleeves are awesome this time around!
gs3_prerelease_sleeve.jpg

I'm so excited for it.

Those sleeves are so beautiful. Now I have to go to the prerelease!:D

Edit: Lets just hope that the sleeves are durable.

Afro-G said:

Edit: Lets just hope they are durable.

Too bad they will fall apart/peel after 2 days. The complimentary Leafeon seems to be worth it though.

I do not think prereleases are worth it. I have went to them in the past but, I have found that its better just to save the $25.00 and put it twoards a booster box.

Afro-G said:

Edit: Lets just hope that the sleeves are durable.

sadly they DO begin to wear out. my Garchomp sleeves from SV Pre-Release are still holding strong but they're kinda chewed up from play.If you decide to go,have fun!

definitely worth it. You get discounted packs and its alot of fun. The sleeves will most likely be crap, but alot of people will trade well for them. The leafeon is GREAT, and the set isnt half bad at ALL.

You guys are lucky that your prereleases are $25. We pay $35 here (Ontario, Canada). And even with the exchange rate, it should be nowhere near that high!

Back