Are Golett and Golurk Powered by the Same/Similar Energy as Magearna?

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
No one has been able to identify the energy Golett and Golurk run on, according to card pokedex entries. In the new trailer for the Volcanion movie, Magearna is powered by some (dark) energy? Will it be somehow related to Golett and Golurk?

Hey, if Carbink can be connected to Diancie, why not?

I completely forgot about Carbink. Still though, Carbink was introduced in the same generation as Diancie, so that was planned from the get go. I doubt they would do the same for a Pokemon that's two generations old.

No one has been able to identify the energy Golett and Golurk run on, according to card pokedex entries. In the new trailer for the Volcanion movie, Magearna is powered by some (dark) energy? Will it be somehow related to Golett and Golurk?
This is a cool idea and I would be convinced if this is turns out to be canon haha
Though we don't really have any information about this "dark energy," I think it would make sense if this is what causes Golurk to go berserk when its seal is removed. Not only that, Golett and Golurk are both Pokemon from a long time ago, and it might be the same time when Magearna was invented.

I completely forgot about Carbink. Still though, Carbink was introduced in the same generation as Diancie, so that was planned from the get go. I doubt they would do the same for a Pokemon that's two generations old.
Well, seeing that Druddigon likes to run through tunnels made by Onix, and Unown some significant relationship with Arceus as revealed in the HGSS event, it seems safe to think Game Freak likes to connect Pokemon from different generations from time to time.

They might just leave it as a hint, like Kabutops and Genesect's connection. I don't see them doing anything dramatic with it.

I don't think Nintendo's ever made like... Very detailed links between Pokemon, have they? Diancie's just a prettier Carbink, and I can't even remember if Arceus and Unown's connection was explained. And I don't see it impacting much of anything besides lore, so I'd doubt they'd ever connect the two.

I just think that Golurk is a similar pokemon to how Lucario is, that is not so legendary but powerful nonetheless. That's just me though. Another example is zoroark, that pokemon confused the legendary beasts/dogs/cats in the movie but isn't much involved anywhere else now.

So it could just be like that, Golurk has the same/atleast similar energy as Magearna but, thats it, nothing else develops from that.

Back