Ruling archetype poll:punch n run

do you consider punch and run as an archetype deck?

• yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • it is but might lose strength when formats change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will be, certainly when formats change

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

zwelgbelg

Need strategy?
Do you consider politoed ex deck aka punch n run deck as an archetype?

I think it's a great deck, but it just might get some problems when more delta species decks appear..

my opinion: thumbs up, nice deck

well, it's nice, but it's extremely slow, gets beaten by LBS, S&K and other decks whith Bench attackers and switch cards.

CUTE-MEW!! Polistall beat 2 LBS decks at North Carolina State Cgampionship and won that Tournament. It also won the South East Regional Championship and beat 1 LBS and beat 1 Flaredos!!!

Of course it's an archetype. I'm seeing it everywhere. I even play it.

definitely an archetype and depends on set up, luck, and the player to say it's slow or not. the only archetype i've ever seen that was slow is the old poison liability with dark crobat, a lot of people played that around here and it was really slow and easy to beat. i guess it's since there weren't many cards around to search basics since all the basics, except pidgey, were grass. i ran it though, and i made it fast, so yeah it all depends on the cards, player and etc. i am going off subject. as a whole punch'n run is an archetype in my opinion.

Arcanine out.

What trash.

I want to see logs of battles where this deck beats LBS. Just how badly did they get beaten anyway? I for the life of me can't see how a deck that relies on building someone on the Bench can beat a deck that excels in GIVING 100 DAMAGE TO ANYONE.

Maybe now people will start playing ATM Ice. I hate this. Now people are going to start hoarding their Politoed ex, saying "LOL I AWNT 2 BILD PALEESTAL LOLOOLOLLOOOLOLO U CNAT HAV UM." Bah.

RE:  archetype poll:punch n run

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
What trash.

I want to see logs of battles where this deck beats LBS. Just how badly did they get beaten anyway? I for the life of me can't see how a deck that relies on building someone on the Bench can beat a deck that excels in GIVING 100 DAMAGE TO ANYONE.

Maybe now people will start playing ATM Ice. I hate this. Now people are going to start hoarding their Politoed ex, saying "LOL I AWNT 2 BILD PALEESTAL LOLOOLOLLOOOLOLO U CNAT HAV UM." Bah.
For crying out loud go to www.pokegym.net and ask a member called Dendrobatida.

I'm WHISCASHEX.

I dont think it is an archetype.

I havent seen one in action or read much about it, just the basic strategy, so this is all based on theory:
I personally see it as too slow and cant do enough damage to successfully take down what you want in enough time if you keep punch&running, yet it still has Swallow up. What i've seen is that once the fossil is out, what happens if it's not KO'd? Do you simply discard it to bring out Politoed ex? That's another thing i've wanted to know. Also, things which attack it at the bench (like Steelix ex) seem to have the advantage. It's a little hard to contemplate how Polistall can easily take down LBS...

well, actually my friend, and so does andyman, from the formums here, play that deck, but with grumpig it's like 50% faster than polistall.He took out, 2!!steelix ex with it, but unlike politoed EX, he can use ATM rock:) so in 2 turns he took out a steelix ex, when the other one was ready, he already had done another 80 damage, ATM rock, And he also used a ditto :d he used steelix ex's mudslide taking out, I think pidgeot.
in another mach he beated the 11th best player in the world with that deck! it was amazing he totally beated that rock-lock deck

I think grumpig deck is better than polistall, it's way faster.

about the fossils, my friend, if he can, he uses briney on them, because when the deck is out of fossils it's useless, he need 2 fossils in play, ALWAYS, if he does not he gets warpointed to death..that's why he rather doesn't discard them, but eventually, he has to

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson

I'm 100% sure that a BSL can be beaten by "punch and run"
ok It has a disadvantage but I saw bigger things happen than this

it's not that impossible...

Back