Archeops with a bunch of different things :D

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
so aerodactyl I MEAN archeops is coming soon...BUT what should go with it?

red-collection-archeops.jpg

Ability: Prehistoric Power
While this Pokemon is in play, no player can play a Pokemon from their hand to evolve his or her Pokemon.

we dont need the attack :p

so im thinking of this ability it hit me GOOD OLD HAYMAKER just a bunch of powerful basics and just go to town so what could work? well

red-collection-virizion.jpg

[C] Double Draw: Draw 2 cards from your deck.

[G][C] Leaf Slugger: 40 damage. During your next turn, this attack does 40 more damage.

from the same set, virizion will be able to do alot starting T3. just do 40 T2 get a archeops set up and then do a constant 80 on there stage 1's and basics :D

bw-battle-deck-victini-victini.jpg

[R][C] V-Generate: 100 damage. If you don’t have 5 Pokemon on your Bench, this attack fails.

just swarm victinis and fill the bench and prevent evolving and you can just OHKO every time easy :D

88-kyogre-and-groudon-legend.jpg

no this one is a little ... BUT putting DCE and then 2 water and sniping EVERYTHING on there bench...and then making there bench mostly basics...its to good to pass up

now those are just basics...so what else could go with it. well evo decks will have a problem since they cant evolve BUT speed decks such as cinpluff could really work with this. just get archeops on the bench with 1-2 jumpluffs/cinccinos and you can OHKO while taking minimal damage from there basics and stage 1's

and other one is well...mewgar T2-3 get the archeops set up and then clog up the hand with evo's and then LZ them all :D and a card that i dont see mentioned to much in lost gar is...well jirachi. devolve all of there poke and then they cant play them down and then LZ them all will be amazing.

so this is my little...well...thingy on archeops TELL MEH WHAT THOUST THINK and what you think will go good with archeops and i may put it here ;D

I really like the victini and KGL ideas. jirachi will work too. doing jumpluff/cinccino will take too long because by the time you evolve them then get archeops out, your opponent will be set up as well. you oculd also combo it with pichu to get all of your heavy-hitting basics out and then evolve to archeops next turn and have them stuck with way too many basics. then victini next turn. then hopefully you'll be getting KGL set up and then spead for T5-7 prize win

I honestly don't see Archeops being any good because of two things:

1. It's hard to get out because of the fossil mechanic.
2. It can easily be catchered and KO'd by an evo your opponent got out while you were trying to set up Archeops.

-sillykyle!

Zekrom says hi.
Kyruem also says hi.
Revenge Bouffalant (sp?) says hi when you KO something.

Bottom line? While Archeops is definately interesting, it can't blow the above threats, not to mention that it's hard as fudge to get out to begin with due to the terrible new fossil mechanic.

You should be thankful for the new Fossil Mechanic, If it was the same
as the Old one it would of had a negative impact on the metagame similiar to Pokemon Catcher.

Archeops would've been overpowered with Vileplume UD, it wouldn't be funny at all. You really want Power Lock to return to Modified from Unlimited? No sir I for one do not.

At least Beartic/Vileplume is a more balanced version of it. If that deck becomes BDIF and everyone is running the same deck I'm gonna laugh. Nothing but Beartic/Vileplume mirror matchups? No thank you...

WOAH WOAH WOAH. ok hold it. its not that hard. run 4-4 and then 4 of the fossils and maybe some research records. not hard NOW

1 who cares about zekrom. its a mediocre deck that gets lucky :p but thats just my opinion :p

2 you could say that catcher argument for ANYTHING. oh dont use ninetails cause it could get catchered GASP :p

3 kyurem? what is so special about him? 30 spread...who cares lol

4 bouffalant? why him? he is actually used? hm

its not that hard to set up. just research records or just play the trainer. EVEN THEN who cares if they catcher it up, are they really gonna be doing 130 by T3? that is a little crazy :p i guess reshiboar but i can say the same arguement. OH MAN ILL CATCHER UP THE EMBOAR :O

But what If you have to shuffle your deck after you play Research Record with something like I dunno PONT or what If next turn they use Judge? Isn't as easy as you think dude...

catutie said:
its not that hard to set up. just research records or just play the trainer. EVEN THEN who cares if they catcher it up, are they really gonna be doing 130 by T3? that is a little crazy :p i guess reshiboar but i can say the same arguement. OH MAN ILL CATCHER UP THE EMBOAR :O

It is hard to setup, and zekrom can alrdy do 120 without pluspowers T1. You're alrdy doomed when TyphloRam gets reshiram rdy at T2 to do also that 120 without plus powers. :D

It seemed to me that Jirachi UL was the obvious combo. It is basically a total lock down, IDK what would be the main attacker...

Card Slinger J said:
But what If you have to shuffle your deck after you play Research Record with something like I dunno PONT or what If next turn they use Judge? Isn't as easy as you think dude...

>_> why would you play something to shuffle your deck after you arranged it? and just play it when you have the fossil in your hand not wait till you draw it

You'll have problems with ZPS, and Reshiram, so I wouldn't recommend that.

The fossil mechanic willmalso make it hard to get Archeops out, so even though you run a Stage 2 with a lot of basics, it will be hard to get everything out.

Archeops will not see any play. Just the thought of how horrifyingly difficult he is to get out makes me certain that this card won't remain useful for anyone, but traders/collectors. I'm sorry to say it, but the idea of using research records to pull this combo off is insanity! Suddenly we're talking like 12-13 card combo only to get ONE stage 2 out by like turn 5... Bye-bye consistency...

Back