• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Archen/Tornadus/Landorus

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Here is a dude that I aways want to use. Like the old Aerodactyl, Archeops do the same job.

Until Dark Explorers and Dragons come out, Archeops was almost useless, all decks were based in basic pokemons, making Archen and Archeops a dead spot on your deck.

But now, some decks NEEDS evolutions, like our friend Garchomp, then the idea is back to reality.

Pokémon: 12

2 {C} Tornadus
1 {C} Tornadus EX
2 {F} Terrakion
1 {P} Mewtwo EX
3 {F} Archen
2 {F} Archeops

T/S/S: 33

3 Switch
4 Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Super Rod
2 Plume Fossil
2 Lvl Ball
2 Communication
3 SSU

4 N
1 Cheren
4 Juniper

2 SAB
3 Twist Mountain

Energy: 12

4 {C}{C}
8 {F}

Strategy: Start with Tornadus or Tornadus EX, fill your bench with them and then start to get out one Archen. After that, just control your game with SAB in play switching your Tornadus around.

Why 2 Stadiums? After place an Archeops you will not need Twist anymore, so SAB to make your retreat awesome.

Advices?

You don't have that many Pokemon, so Communication seems like it would be a dead card far to often. Ultra Ball seems to always get the job done. It also can discard energy for Landorus to Abundant Harvest on turn 1. Speaking of search cards, you have quite a lot of them, you usually won't need to search out Archen, since Plume Fossil does that for you. Same goes for Level Ball, it can only search out 1 Pokemon in your whole deck, and you you probably won't even need to search out. Maybe add a little more consistency.

Also, it says you have 13 Energy, but you only have 11. But having 13 would make the deck have 60 cards.

-2 Level Ball
-4 Communication

+4 Ultra Ball
+2 Juniper

I've always really loved this Archeops, maybe because he's similar to Aerodactyl from fossil, and I love him too. I tried to find a deck for him when he came out and had no luck there. But in the Black & White on format, this deck seems like a great place for him.

~MtC

Since your running Twist mountain and Junk Arm is gone I would take out Plume fossil all together since a coin flip a turn is way more consistent then hoping you have an Archen in your bottom 7. Also not sure how useful Landorous is since you don't have an effective means of doing anything with him if you lead with him Abundent harvest doesn't do anything since you lack any real way of getting fighting energy in your discard while a late game harvest is often not gonna be worth it. Since you run a decent amount of Switches Terrakion or Terrakion EX may be a better choice.

By the way you have listed 13 energy but only actually have 11

-4 Plume Fossil
-1 Archen (3-2 means you still have an extra one in case 1 dies before you can evolve without having a possible extra 2 pokemon that will just clog your hand)
-2 Landorous

+1 Twist Mountain (You really want this up before SAB)
+ 2 Terrakion Ex (Acceleration is appreciated)
+1 Tornados EX (honestly a better lead then regular Tornados since it can Score you some donks with a DCE and Stadium)
+1 Catcher
+2 Random Receiver

My bad about the energy guys, will be updated now with your advices aswell.

I want to keep plume fossil for few tests and see how it goes.
In this moment i have a low chance to get another Tornadus EX, but I agree its a great card to take place over a regular Tornadus.

Terrakion always worry me because of his high retreat cost, for now I'll keep Landorus and see how it works.

Thanks

I'm not really sure why you'd want to remove any Archen from the deck as it lowers your chances of finding one with Plume Fossil.

I've been wanting to use Archeops for the longest time but the problem is most decks still have their main attacker as a basic EX type. So, while locking their evolutions would be amazing, in hindsight, it doesn't amount to much, especially when you don't go first. By not going first, you don't have any chance of shutting of huge support pokemon like Eelektrik, Hydregion or Klinklang, and without something as amazing as Jirachi to devolve multiple targets, there isn't much hope for a comeback should you miss the flips on Twist Mountain and miss with Plume Fossils.

The only thing you can really take advantage of is the fact that Junk Arm is gone, so they can only catcher (under normal circumstances) 4 times in the game, you should probably exploit that fact and have 4 Archen and 4 Plume Fossils in the deck to maximize the chances of getting one onto your bench. Knowing that when they see one, they know what comes next and it becomes a big threat.

A lot can be done with this idea, and you could develop it into something that could work for a BR, but as the list stands, you don't really have a chance at anything.

Back