Arceus

ragingphantom said:
The Psychic one can't do anything to Mewtwo, and Waterceus can only 3HKO Mewtwo.

lol. Level up the {P} arceus into pantheon arcues.
Have the necessary energies to use water arceus's attack.
3HKO---->2HKO.

excatly, thats why arceus is good lol, it counters all weakness's with all differn't attacks with differn't effects

Gliscor said:
I forgot to mention one problem with Arceus: Mewtwo Lv.X. Unless you are teching a stage 1 or DGX, then you have to depend on Warp Point's and some other Arceus just to get around Mewtwo.

There's an Arceus which bypasses Mewtwo and you can use that Areceus Lv X which ahs the poke-body where it can use other arceus's attacks leveled up on a psychic arceus to use that attack to 2HKO Mewtwo.

This deck is one of those decks that could work, and it might, but it might not. It definitely has heaps of potential and versatility.

LOL, I forgot about the Pantheon Arceus. It could work, but it is still 2HKO. I guess some PlusPower could help.

I think Lucario GL is almost required for an Arceus deck to really shine, though he does soak up some bench space...
An Arceus deck would always run into easy counters... such as Palkia x since he kills bench space, and mewtwo x / macheap but these things must be anticipated with any deck...

We'll find ways to make it work =]

Lucario GL is bad because you need 6 bench spaces for Arceus if you want to use the colourless Arceus's Rippling Wave attack, which is amazing with that arceus stadium.

Well I don't think you need all 5 spaces of the bench for different Arceus, I think you can afford to lose a space since you'll figure out pretty quickly what type of deck your opponent has
Thus you wouldn't need all the type coverage

Ariadosguy said:
Lucario GL is bad because you need 6 bench spaces for Arceus if you want to use the colourless Arceus's Rippling Wave attack, which is amazing with that arceus stadium.

Rippling Wave isn't that good in my opinion. It's almost impossible to get 6 different Arceus' by T1/T2, and later than that, Rippling Wave would suck, it's just too slow. I'd rather have some Claydol/Lucario GL on my bench than 5 random Arceus' just to use an attack. Wanna use Rippling Wave, play Speed Arceus with 10 of the colorless type ones :p

Rippling wave shouldn't be that hard, just use 4 great ball's and 4 First door, and 4 rosy, shouldn't be hard T1 with that, but im liking a speed version lol

This arceus thing reminds me of yugioh, they print one kind of card and then make tons of support for it. Anyway I don't see this being anything but a fun deck.

Believenstyle, I'm not saying you need 6 arceus each for type coverage, I'm saying that you need them use that Colourless arceus's Rippling Wave attack. CAN YOU READ?

Soul Seeker said:
Rippling Wave isn't that good in my opinion. It's almost impossible to get 6 different Arceus' by T1/T2, and later than that, Rippling Wave would suck, it's just too slow. I'd rather have some Claydol/Lucario GL on my bench than 5 random Arceus' just to use an attack. Wanna use Rippling Wave, play Speed Arceus with 10 of the colorless type ones :p

So getting 6 energy from your deck from a no-energy attack which can then be moved around however you like via a stadium card isn't good?

Really?

4 Great Ball/First Door/Roseanne's would seem to make it pretty easy.

The attack is good, yeah but it's impossible to use, cause you can't use your bench spots for anything else than Arceus'. Not to mention what Dusknoir DP can do then...

All the Arceus cards/translations I have seen so far have been horrible. I don't think Arceus will be too great.

I've finally built and played an Arceus deck. It isn't good to base the energy acceleration only on Rippling Wave. You need Claydol/Uxie. It may seem really easy to get 6 different types of Arceus with like 4 Great Ball, 4 First Door, and some Roseanne's, but it still isn't worth it. If you struggle to get out Ultimate Zone, then you will continue to have energy problems. Against Dusknoir DP/Palkia G Lv.X, they can easily just sweep all of that energy/Pokemon away, thus ruining you. And if you do get out Ultimate Zone, once Arceus gets KO'ed then you'll be in a major fix. Energy problems and draw problems. So basing a deck all around Rippling Wave makes it extremely inconsistant. I'd rather just run Claydol/Uxie and drop energy on Arceus the old fashion way.

Okay here's what I think about Arceus-
1) Figure out your metagame
2) Then use the arceus that match what their weaknesses are
3) Can't forget Lucario GL/Lake Boundary
4) Surprise everyone w/ a rogue deck at Cities.

Back