Help Aor flareon

are you asking if flare effect (and aqua/electric effect as well) work on Megas?

the answer would be no.
flare/aqua/electric effect is applied to your stage 1s, Megas are stage mega.

yeah ok dang i thought it would apply to megas as well cuz they are essentially stage 1's lol its so dumb that it doesn't apply to megas oh well thanks

yeah ok dang i thought it would apply to megas as well cuz they are essentially stage 1's lol its so dumb that it doesn't apply to megas oh well thanks
They are Mega's, not stage 1's it is the same with restored, BREAK and LV x

They are Mega's, not stage 1's it is the same with restored, BREAK and LV x

Actually, that last one isn't necessarily true.

We have Basic Pokémon, Stage 1 Pokémon and Stage 2 Pokémon as the core Stages of Evolution, present since the original Base Set. Lx.X Pokémon are part of the "Level-Up" mechanic, and while the information for Leveling Up is displayed in a manner almost identical to Evolving, it states "Put on..." instead of "Evolves from...". It can be misleading, so I looked for an official ruling and found

Q. If I level up a Basic Pokemon, is it still considered a Basic Pokemon?
A. Yes, the Lv.X Pokemon has the same evolutionary stage as the card beneath it. (Jul 10, 2008 PUI Rules Team)​

Unless this was overturned (a possibility), then the Lv.X version of a Stage 1 Pokémon would still count as a Stage 1 Pokémon. You are correct about the other additions, however; Restored Pokémon, Mega Evolutions, and BREAK Evolutions are all additional Stages of Evolution. Restored Pokémon have "Restored" printed as their Stage, show an image from the correct Item card that can put them directly onto your Bench from the deck, and instead of "Evolves from..." beside that image, they have "Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of..." instead. Mega Evolutions say "Mega" where it lists their Stage, follows the usual rule of showing an image of the Pokémon from which they Evolve, and beside that it says "Evolves from..." and the name of the previous Stage of Evolution. The Mega Evolution rule is then listed below the card's portrait. Finally, BREAK Evolutions have "BREAK" listed as their Stage, have the image of their previous Stage below that, and the text stating "Evolves from..." with that prior Stage's name besides that image.

I totally get why people are confused by this. I had to double check all of this because I was having some doubts myself. XP

Back