AoA set in america, would it be delayed or what?

Seth1789110

Ok. So I just watched the Giratina movie and it got me thinking. Platinum was released back to coincide with the Shaymin movie. But AoA should arrive in america in mid-late november. The Arceus movie wont be out here until at least mid January, so it would go against revealing Arceus if they released cards months before the movie comes out, and is not even announced yet! What do you think they will do? Release it months before and rush to finish the Arceus movie, or hold the st until like Mid-late DECEMBER to sorta coincide? I just got curious, so...

They will most likely hold onto the Arceus cards for a later set. That's a good thing, since the set won't suck as much. However, there would only be 3 Lv.Xs in the set. :(

The set itself will stay the same with the exclusion of the Arceus cards.

but thats a MAJORITY of the cards...I mean the whole set is based on Arceus. I mean MT had only 3 x's, SW had only 2 x's, so its not so bad, but still! I want to make an Arceus deck really bad...

Pokefan4000 said:
They will most likely hold onto the Arceus cards for a later set. That's a good thing, since the set won't suck as much. However, there would only be 3 Lv.Xs in the set. :(

The set itself will stay the same with the exclusion of the Arceus cards.

Probably not, actually. When they delayed the Dialga, Palkia, and Darkrai Xs in Secret Wonders, we got Honchkrow and Garevoir X virtually the same time that Japan did. We could get a simulaneous release with the next Japanese set's level Xs!

Seth1789110 said:
but thats a MAJORITY of the cards...I mean the whole set is based on Arceus. I mean MT had only 3 x's, SW had only 2 x's, so its not so bad, but still! I want to make an Arceus deck really bad...
Majority? 14 cards is a majority?

But you see, it'll be that much harder to get Gengar Lv.X, with an average of only 1 Lv.X per box if 3 Lv.Xs are in the set.

PokeKid Brandon said:
if they take out the arceus I want to know how they are gonna get to 150 cards.
AoA isn't the same as SV/PF.

Seth1789110 said:
sure...I guess but arceus was the ENTIRE point of the set and it would just be stupid if they took em out but idk...

Once again, the Japanese equivilent of SW's whole basis was the 10th movie, and things worked out fine over here with a delay.

i guess. So platinum was just a coincidence? And so Darkrai was released into GE, when he was supposed to be in SW? Does that mean Cresselia was supposed to be in SW also?

Seth1789110 said:
I guess. So platinum was just a coincidence? And so Darkrai was released into GE, when he was supposed to be in SW? Does that mean Cresselia was supposed to be in SW also?

Cressy was not supposed to be in SW in the first place, as it had nothing to do with the movie. And yes, Platinum was a coincidence. If you remember, those Giratina and Shaymin cards were supposed to be in SF, but were delayed until PT.

^gengar x will cost less than flygon, gengar will be 1/3 boxes, where as flygon is 1/4.5 but, for some reason i think gengar is better, the prices should be even.

but, i think (and hope) they delay arceus. less crappy rares Pl0x.

I doubt they would keep Arceus in the set and release it without its movie. I kinda like the Arceus cards and wish they could stay in the set, but I seem to be in the minority right now :/

No, I like them too. The art is cool, and I want to try the deck. Besides, if it gets delayed, that also means less cards for the set AFTER that in English. :/

no, thats not true. It means that HG/SS set in america will get the arceus cards, and since Arceus will kinda sorta be near HG/SS, it will all work out! O now i understand! It will go like this:

AoA set, w/out Arceus cards. Then, they announce the movie AND HG/SS. Then, around early February-middle February, they release the HG/SS set, w/ Arceus cards, right before, or after Arceus movie. Then, we are back on track w/ japan. It will all work out and now i understand got it got it got it got it...

^My Birthday month rocks:pI always have a prerelease on my Birthday.

I never seen them delay a who set in DP, just a few cards. So I'm 99% they will just take out the Arceus cards and move on.

As I said in another thread, here is how things will go over the next several months:

Japan just got AA today. We will be getting SV on August 19th. (Not 18th, like WPM said.) We all knew that.

In October, Japan will be getting HGSS themed set. Meanwhile, in early November (Most likely November 4th) we will be getting the AoA set, minus the Arceus cards. This will give us a tiny set, of about 98 cards. This number might be slightly higher if cards in the theme decks get reprinted. (Main set reprints most likely will get reprinted in the U.S release.)

At the end of the year, another set will be coming out in Japan, likely to be a second HGSS set. (Platinum had 4, DP had 7...only 1 HGSS? I don't think so.) Then, in February 2010, (likely February 10th.) will be getting HGSS1 with the Arceus cards from the AoA set. We will know how big the set will be when it comes in Japan.

Finally, in May 2010, (count on May 19th.) we will be getting the second HGSS set, while Japan gets two more sets in March 2010 and July 2010. The July set will be based on the 13th movie, which will likely be around Ho-oh and Lugia.

I'd quote this "predicition" if it turns out right in a year from now...if it wasn't so big.

Back