Anyone else want a slower-paced gameplay after rotation?

Firestorm said:
Really now, because one of the most popular SP cards that is a tech, Luxray Lv. X, is cheap?

we aren't talking monetarily...we are talking gameplay cheap...basic pokemon with an extra 20-40 hp, somewhat low cost attacks for decent damage, and a TSS support line-up that only they can benefit from, and that very few cards mimic in ability in order to be used by other decks that don't use SP pokemon...that is what makes SPs cheap and somewhat unbalancing...which is a main reason why you see so many SP decks get play

Vulpix Yolk said:
I like the format the way it is and I'm sick of people complaining about its speed if its too much for you then play a different TCG. I like it, it takes luck out of it more, if you can have enough cards in your deck to get what you need then its not as much luck as just trying to draw into it that would stink

I agree...the speed of the format makes for exciting games, slower games can bore you

Vulpix Yolk said:
I like the format the way it is and I'm sick of people complaining about its speed if its too much for you then play a different TCG. I like it, it takes luck out of it more, if you can have enough cards in your deck to get what you need then its not as much luck as just trying to draw into it that would stink

Please explain how it takes out luck more.
As far as I'm concerned, SP decks rely most on their first hand and what they will draw, same goes for every other really fast deck in the format.
Everyone is concerned about getting things in T1/T2.
Having an absurd amount of Trainers and Supporters on SP decks does not equal to skill.
The faster the deck, the more luck you would need because if you at least get halfway through your deck, you have or had nearly every single card available to you(therefore, what you draw will not be as crucial, but will prolong an existing match on who has a better strategy). Where exactly does your logic of luck fit into?

Also, you're acting like Pokemon has always been this fast to "play a different TCG". Back with Haymaker, that deck was only slightly the best, if your opponent can set up his combo(or even a fully equipped stage 2 Pokemon) before you quickly take out his entire team, then you are most likely gone.

SplitHeavens said:
Having an absurd amount of Trainers and Supporters on SP decks does not equal to skill.

Also, you're acting like Pokemon has always been this fast to "play a different TCG". Back with Haymaker, that deck was only slightly the best, if your opponent can set up his combo(or even a fully equipped stage 2 Pokemon) before you quickly take out his entire team, then you are most likely gone.

Couldn't agree more... I played Base set 1 and for some reason my mindset has trouble adjusting to the "win by T1/2" of today... yeah... that's what i'm blaming my suckiness on :p

If you want a slower "metagame", just go to league, you won't get prizes, but you'll have a lot of fun and that's what the game's supposed to give you. If you want cards, become a millionair and have your own card factory.

Back