Discussion Any (Semi) Competitive Rouges for this Rotation?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I just got done looking at the CRI set list and found the set to have some fairly good/interesting Pokemon.
So I was just wondering... what do you guys think could be a semi-competitive silly rouge for this rotation ?(BKT-BUS/CRI)

I personally think Cinncino from CRI would be very interesting to mess around with, due to its' "Attack" (bunny qoutes)

Unleash your ideas!-AFEX

Some decent rogue decks:

Cacturne + Koko
Golem-GX + Electrode
Crawdaunt + Aqua Patch
Beedrill + Seviper
Nihilego-GX + Raticate BREAK
Guzzlord-GX + 56 Dark Energy
Exeggutor-GX + Dragonair
Exeggutor-GX + Vikavolt
Milotic + Ninetales-GX
Silvally-GX
Kartana-GX + Dhelmise
Salazzle + Seviper
Bewear
Gyarados-GX + Rayquaza + Aqua Patch
Regis

Competitive:
Mismagius/Garbodor
Mismagius/Espeon
Mismagius/Drampa
Mismagius/Jirachi (SHL)/Chimecho
Buzzwole + Acerola/Scoop Up + Lycanroc-GX (Midnight) (Maybe on the lycanroc, not sure)

Some decent rogue decks:

Cacturne + Koko
Golem-GX + Electrode
Crawdaunt + Aqua Patch
Beedrill + Seviper
Nihilego-GX + Raticate BREAK
Guzzlord-GX + 56 Dark Energy
Exeggutor-GX + Dragonair
Exeggutor-GX + Vikavolt
Milotic + Ninetales-GX
Silvally-GX
Kartana-GX + Dhelmise
Salazzle + Seviper
Bewear
Gyarados-GX + Rayquaza + Aqua Patch
Regis

Competitive:
Mismagius/Garbodor
Mismagius/Espeon
Mismagius/Drampa
Mismagius/Jirachi (SHL)/Chimecho
Buzzwole + Acerola/Scoop Up + Lycanroc-GX (Midnight) (Maybe on the lycanroc, not sure)

These are all very interesting, but... where's Cinncino? XD.

I ran this at a tournament a few weeks ago.
2-Glalie EX
2-M Glalie EX
3-Eevee
2-Sylveon GX
1-Manaphy EX
6-Basic Water Energy
6-Basic Fairy Energy
4-Double Colorless Energy
1-Lana
2-Lillie
3-Guzma
3-Ilima
2-Hala
1-Professor Sycamore
1-Professor Kukui
1-Skyla
1-Rotom Dex
3-Nest Ball
3-Ultra Ball
2-Professor's Letter
3-Field Blower
3-Glalie Spirit Link
2-Choice Band
2-Heavy Boots
1-Wishful Baton

Necrozma-GX/Weavile BUS/Tapu Koko/Po Town/Espeon-EX/Promo Lele/Aegislash BKP is ridiculously fun and can actually win some games

What do you mean by "rogue"?

The definition for a "rogue deck" I find most useful is one that performs well while few predicted it would. Preferably, said deck will have placed highly at an event, if not won it. This means we have to wait until a deck has already been proven competitive before we can really call it "rogue". Speculative rogue decks are possible, but I'm odd because I do not require it to be a new deck.

Fun decks are enjoyable even when they don't win as much as you like. Troll decks want to frustrate the opponent, even if the deck has no real chance of winning.

So I was just wondering... what do you guys think could be a semi-competitive silly rouge for this rotation ?(BKT-BUS/CRI)

This should make it more obvious, but I'm brain-farting here... so with the terms I used, what are you looking for? Rogue, Fun, Troll... all of the above?

What do you mean by "rogue"?

The definition for a "rogue deck" I find most useful is one that performs well while few predicted it would. Preferably, said deck will have placed highly at an event, if not won it. This means we have to wait until a deck has already been proven competitive before we can really call it "rogue". Speculative rogue decks are possible, but I'm odd because I do not require it to be a new deck.

Fun decks are enjoyable even when they don't win as much as you like. Troll decks want to frustrate the opponent, even if the deck has no real chance of winning.

This should make it more obvious, but I'm brain-farting here... so with the terms I used, what are you looking for? Rogue, Fun, Troll... all of the above?

Hmm, must have mis-interpreted the meaning, I think at the moment I meant, new decks that could be rouge decks eventually, I honestly can't remember, XD

Hmm, must have mis-interpreted the meaning, I think at the moment I meant, new decks that could be rouge decks eventually, I honestly can't remember, XD

Also quite likely I'm overcomplicating things. Seriously, I finally found an article about "TecH" by one of the people who originated/popularized the term. The short version is I'm now scared to use the word. XD

Nuuuu, it's such a fantastic card tho, :D, maybe it'll be the new dedenne?
It's not a good card though. No one would ever let you take 2 cards from the discard when the alternative is a measly 80 damage. The Aloan Raticate from BUS is much better and that still isn't a good card

Is Solgaleo considered rogue? That would be at the top of my list. Also, an energy acceleration Machamp deck is better than you would probably expect. And finally there is the Pikachu EX / Magnezone deck that Andrew Mahone runs.

Is Solgaleo considered rogue? That would be at the top of my list. Also, an energy acceleration Machamp deck is better than you would probably expect. And finally there is the Pikachu EX / Magnezone deck that Andrew Mahone runs.

Those decks are very under the radar, I like it, those are definitely some good ones.
If you wanted a further example of a rouge deck-ish thing would be like, Alolan Muk GX.

...there is the Pikachu EX / Magnezone deck that Andrew Mahone runs.

I ran into this once. It strikes me as that deck you either defeat quickly or struggle with if you cannot send up a ready supply of single Prize attackers. Which means it could ultimately prove viable, it now outright competitive. Having faced it only once, I don't feel like hazarding a guess. ;)

I like Fight Alone Lucario from Fates Collide with the rise of Gardevoir GX. Sadly, I have been too busy to test it out or do anything Pokemon related haha.

Back