Help Any competitive decks that only need 1-2 Lele?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I've figured it out, if I'm going to truly get competitive with the ptcg i need to buy some lele. I'm gonna buy 1 or 2 so I was wondering if there were some competitive decks that only need 1 or 2 Lele.
Feel free to provide lists, but it is 100% not nessecary.

Thanks in advance- AFEX

I've figured it out, if I'm going to truly get competitive with the ptcg i need to buy some lele. I'm gonna buy 1 or 2 so I was wondering if there were some competitive decks that only need 1 or 2 Lele.
Feel free to provide lists, but it is 100% not nessecary.

Thanks in advance- AFEX
Golisopod/Garb only runs 2

Standard:

Firebox (usually a mix of Turtonator, Hooh, and Salazzle)
Volcanion if you run Oranguru
Gardy with Sylveon
Goli/Garb
Vikabulu
Greninja (can even do well without it)
Xerneas BREAK
Rainbow Road

Expanded:

Everything but Garbodor Box and Trev

Most any deck can be viable with two Lele. Three can add some consistency of course but a good draw support like octillery or now zoroark gx can bring more than enough support to make up for it. Searching attacks like alolan vulpix beacon or Sylveon gx magical ribbon are great options too. The most viable deck right now with only two lele is probably Gardevoir with a Sylveon tech in. Either that or Golisopod gx that gets by just fine with only two lele

If you run Stretcher, you don't need more than 2.

Don’t take advice from this guy haha. You’ll get one use out of Lele if you run just the one, because they aren’t normally targeted for attacks on the Bench.

You’ll be best off with two for the decks aforementioned by the other members.

Don’t take advice from this guy haha. You’ll get one use out of Lele if you run just the one, because they aren’t normally targeted for attacks on the Bench.

You’ll be best off with two for the decks aforementioned by the other members.

If you READ my post, it said you don't need MORE THAN TWO. Didn't say to just use one.

If you have 2 and stretchers, It's almost as good as having 3. Plus the stretchers can be used to pull other pokes out.

Reading comprehension skills...

I run stretcher for Zoroark, Volcanion, and Golisopod.

Last edited:
If you run Stretcher, you don't need more than 2.
This is somewhat inaccurate. Yes, some decks don't need 3-4 lele but just because you use stretchers (which is in pretty much every deck) does not mean it is optimal to use only 2 leles. For example, Garb Drampa, despite many lists using 2 stretchers, should play 3 or 4 Tapu Lele GX.

Two's all you really NEED.

I play drampa-garb with two, I more than just 'get by' :)

As long as you can get one early game you're probably good to go. The second is to prevent prizing (mostly).
Yes it would be nice to lele every turn, but you've only got so many bench spaces. Two attackers, a support mon, mabye a draw-mon (oranguru/octillery). Add lele and your at a full bench.

Unless you run acerola, scoop up, etc, there no room for a bunch of lele.

Yes three is what the competitive players use, but if you aren't playing for money then don't invest in the third if it's going to cause you financial grief.
I'm assuming you aren't,, because those tourney guys tend to have a "F*** he price, I need it" mentality.

However, if you are in the position to get a third....do it. It's not rotating anytime soon, and it opens up more options.
I bought two the day they dropped (newer better jirachi!?!) and haven't regretted it yet. I WILL get a third, but not unless I'm playing high level. I'd frankly prefer to spend the cash on more fighting pokés, and try out (yet another) deck theme.

I might get one sooner, but that'll have to be a releaseless month or something.

I only run 1 in ninetales, and I do just fine. IMO, most decks dont need more than 2, mainly because lele likes being a prize card.

Buy 4 if you want multiple decks, 1 or 2 in each.

If i get my 2nd lele its being put in metagross, not my main ninetales deck.

The reason to play multiple Lele is so that you can guarantee searching out the one supporter you need when you need it. Whether it is the turn 1 Brigette, or the critical N, or the game winning Acerola.
Playing 1 is conceding the consistency and flexibility of your deck. 2 is the minimum but please run at least 3 if your deck doesn’t have draw card Pokémon like Zoroark or Octillery.
Greninja does play only 0-1 Lele but that’s because retreating sucks with that deck...

greninja doesnt need any lele, he's a comeback deck/board control deck, and you only need starmie and tapu fini for support

Sheesh. Lots of answers.

In order of competitiveness (standard only):

Some Bulu lists (the better ones) -- runs 2
Greninja -- most current lists usually run 1-2
Rainbow Road -- usually runs 1
Patch City -- usually runs 2
Pikazone -- usually runs 1-2

That's really about it unless you want to really go out on a limb.

Back