• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Anti-Meta (M Manectric EX / M Rayquaza EX)

There are a lot of general improvements I would recommend:

1. First off, you hardly have any draw power in this deck, and the draw power you do have isn't really great. 4 Professor Juniper, 4 N, 2 Colress, and 3 VS Seeker is a good place to start if you're not sure how much draw you need.
  2. You've included a lot of cards in your deck that don't really help you that much. You should try to play more cards that help your deck do what it is supposed to do, but some of your cards don't do much of anything. For example, why play Energy Retrieval when you have M Manectric to recover Energy out of the discard? Why play Max Revive when you could just play more of the Pokemon you need.
  3. That's another thing--having a lot of 1 ofs with your Pokemon line is not very consistent. It makes it harder to get the Pokemon you need, especially if it ends up prized. You also have two different high Energy attackers that basically do the same thing. It makes more sense to just play the Rayquazas instead of the Rayquazas and Charizards. I think a 3-2 Manectric and 3-2 Rayquaza would be better than one of each.
Hope this has been helpful!

Yes you should run one more spirit link for the Mega Rayquaza EX and the M Manetric EX. I would also take out the M Charizard EX line because your deck right now I think is a little unfocused and even though, yes you are losing a pretty big attacker I think this could be a better deck by just being based around M Rayquaza EX. For the Professor Sycamore question I think you have to run Sycamores not Junipers. Otherwise I think your deck list right now is pretty good.

Hope this is useful!

Juniper / Sycamore--same thing. Either or, but my personal preference is Juniper. However, note that Juniper will be rotating soon.

It seems like you've already cut a lot of the cards I would have suggested to remove, which is good. On top of that, I'd cut a Crushing Hammer, a Professor's Letter, and an Evosoda for another Ultra Ball and maybe 2 Battle Compressor. Crushing Hammer isn't good as a one of since its effect is on a coin flip; they're best to play 4 of, and usually if you're going for a control-style deck like Seismitoad EX or Exeggcutor. The additional Ultra Ball over Evosoda and 2 Battle Compressor is to get Energy into the discard pile in order to Turbo Bolt onto your heavy hitters.

-2 Tierno
-2 Roller Skates
-2 Torch

+6 anything
But seriously, +1 Lysandre, + Shaymin? + Fire Draw Stadium? + bulk up lines of cards you have rather then just running 2 of everything. Specific supporters like Lysandre you can get away with as one-ofs due to VS seeker
I personally also like 1 teammates

torch does the same thing as scorched earth except that first it only helps me, second if someone is using ninetails + skyfield then im screwed against it.
How ever would swapping the two skates for 1 Lysandre and one scorched earth be worth the trade off? that way the draw isn't item locked via toad or stadium wars with sky field

Scorched earth is less conditional - ie you can play it, play sycamore, then discard the energy. It can also be used across multiple turns. Overall significantly more consistent.
Id recommend 3 so you actually have a chance of drawing into them.

Alternatively you can for go the draw and go with silent lab to cripple opponents setups

Town Map is not bad as a one of, but it was mostly used to fish Lysandre's Trump Card out of the prizes for decks that can really go through resources fast like Night March. But of course that card was banned recently. Town Map usually doesn't make any of my lists.

Back