• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Anti-Meta Garbodor/Cobalion EX/Victini EX/Mewtwo EX

MaD_DoG

Defying physics since 2012
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some advice on my list here. Thanks in advance

Pokemon
  • 2 Garbodor (LT 68) for everything
  • 3 Trubbish (DR 53)
  • 2 Victini EX (PS 18) for virizion/genesect
  • 2 Cobalion EX (PS 93) for plasma
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (BWP 45) for blastoise
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
  • 4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
  • 2 Energy Switch (BW 94)
  • 1 Victory Piece (PS 130)
  • 1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
  • 1 Super Rod (NV 95)
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
  • 2 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94) for plasma
  • 4 N (NV 92)
  • 4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
  • 2 Skyla (BC 134)
  • 2 Bianca (EP 90)
  • 3 Ghetsis (PF 101) for darkrai
  • 4 Float Stone (PF 99)
  • 2 Eviolite (NV 91)
Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)
  • 4 Metal Energy (BW 112)
  • 3 Fire Energy (BW 106)
Strategy: get out a garbodor and lock abilities while you spam certain attackers for whatever matchup you're against

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Mora

Don't Panic
I kind of like the Iron Breaker Cobalion a lot better. Energy Press actually OHKO's Kyurems with three Energies, and it could be easily powered up with Exp. Share. Also, if you're really struggling against Darkrai, Terrakion EX destroys it with the right support. If you could Turbo Energize to it, you could it power it up before they have a chance to prepare for it. Terrakion can sponge a Nightspear and take out a Darkrai while powering up something else to attack with with Pump Up Smash.

MaD_DoG

Okay so
-3 Ghetsis
-2 Cobalion EX
-1 Trubbish

+2 Cobalion
+2 Terrakion EX
+2 EXP Share

I do have one question though, what would my energy line be? Should I add in prisms or fighting energy?

Mora

Don't Panic
You're going to need at least 2 Basic Fighting if you want to accelerate them onto Terrakion with Turbo Energize. Other than that, Prisms count as every type of Energy and makes it easier to get the type of Energy you need which helps when you have a few different types of Energy you need to hit. The questions of your Energy line is a tough one; there's not much room to give. The only thing I can see is getting rid of the Double Colorless for Prism and then changing out 1 Fire and 1 Metal for 2 Fighting, but if you could find more room for Energy, you could keep some of the Double Colorless. You don't even have to drop all of the DCE's I suppose. Maybe 2-2, 3-2. I can understand why you might not want to get rid of them. They go perfectly with Mewtwo and can be clutch with Victini against the Genesect match up.

MaD_DoG

-1 fire
-2 metal
-2 double colorless

+2 fighting
+3 prism

Something like that?

Also this is a stupid question, but how do you type a bullet on a keyboard?

Mora

Don't Panic
MaD_DoG said:
-1 fire
-2 metal
-2 double colorless

+2 fighting
+3 prism

Something like that?

Also this is a stupid question, but how do you type a bullet on a keyboard?

Yeah. Something like that.

You mean on the forums? I'd show you the code, but it would just look like a bullet. Go to your original post, click edit post, and you should see the list and bullet tags.

kingofra99

Aspiring Trainer
I would recommend energy search because you can skyla for it, have a more consistent turbo energize, or just get the right energy you need. You would not play prisms if you play energy search.

MaD_DoG

Thanks for all of your help guys. This is my final list so far. I will post results from matches.

Pokemon
  • 2 Garbodor (LT 68)
  • 2 Trubbish (DR 53)
  • 2 Victini EX (PS 18)
  • 2 Cobalion (LT 91)
  • 2 Terrakion EX (DR 71)
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (LT 54)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
  • 4 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
  • 2 Energy Switch (BW 94)
  • 1 Victory Piece (PS 130)
  • 1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
  • 1 Super Rod (NV 95)
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
  • 2 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)
  • 4 N (NV 92)
  • 4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
  • 2 Skyla (BC 134)
  • 2 Bianca (EP 90)
  • 4 Float Stone (PF 99)
  • 2 Eviolite (NV 91)
  • 2 EXP Share (ND 87)
Energy
  • 2 Metal (BW 112
  • 2 Fire (BW 106)
  • 2 Fighting (BW 110)
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92)
  • 3 Prism Energy (ND 93)

MaD_DoG

The deck is running slowly even with victini EX & mewtwo EX isn't really doing anything and I think frozen city would be a better counter toward blastoise anyway. Also plasma variants are getting more popular with lugia EX and snorlax than with kyurem so I think I might take out cobalion, but I don't no what to replace him with to counter the lugia variant. So here are the changes I've made so far
-3 mewtwo EX
-2 Double Colorless
-2 Metal
-2 Cobalion
+2 Fighting
+2 Frozen City
+1 Energy Search
4 free space because I don't know what to replace cobalion & metal energy with. I'm thinking drifblims, but I'm not sure, any suggestions?

JungleBeatz

Financial Genius
Curious what happens when you battle against a Big basics or any non-meta deck? It seems like its mostly just countering the big couple of decks. It lacks a real strategy of its own other than setting up garbodor andvselecting an attacker.

Mora

Don't Panic
MaD_DoG said:
The deck is running slowly even with victini EX & mewtwo EX isn't really doing anything and I think frozen city would be a better counter toward blastoise anyway. Also plasma variants are getting more popular with lugia EX and snorlax than with kyurem so I think I might take out cobalion, but I don't no what to replace him with to counter the lugia variant. So here are the changes I've made so far
-3 mewtwo EX
-2 Double Colorless
-2 Metal
-2 Cobalion
+2 Fighting
+2 Frozen City
+1 Energy Search
4 free space because I don't know what to replace cobalion & metal energy with. I'm thinking drifblims, but I'm not sure, any suggestions?

Yeah, I've turned off of Cobalion since posting that. I played three Plasmas yesterday, and only one of them even had Plasma Kyurems. I'll probably them out to make everything else more consistent. I haven't thought about Frozen City, but now that I think about it, I think it could do well. Right now, I have just one Latias EX in my list, and it's been MVP against Lugia. When Muscle Band comes out, it can actually 2HKO Lugia, but for now it's still an annoying wall.

MaD_DoG

Latias EX would be cool in here, but what about my Garbodors shutting off latias' ability. Do I just not set up Garbodor in that matchup?

Mora

Don't Panic
I was completely forgetting about Garbodor because my list doesn't have it. Sorry about that. Lugia definitely gives you trouble, and aside from Latias and Zekrom, I can't think of anything that could handle Lugia. I don't particularly like Zekrom because it's pretty frail as is, and after a Bolt Strike, it's simply too easy to take down. You could still test it, I suppose. I'll let you know if I find something else.

JungleBeatz said:
Curious what happens when you battle against a Big basics or any non-meta deck? It seems like its mostly just countering the big couple of decks. It lacks a real strategy of its own other than setting up garbodor andvselecting an attacker.

In most cases, you can 2HKO everything you don't have a hard counter to. Basically the strategy is to be anti-meta and stuff.