Another Top 2 Finish

Should I play Terrakion in my CMT?

• Total voters

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys I did really well again at BR woohoo it matters so much! Anyway I was playing CMT still. I told my dad lets leave an hour before 10:30 (Registration ends at 10:45) and he told me we should leave a half hour before and I end up making it there at 10:43 phew. Anyways thanks dad for driving me and spending hours of your day at a Pokemon tournament.

Anyways onto the report

Round 1 Anies (ZEELs)

I get off to a rocket start, but draw dead on a PONT and see my 3 prize lead diminish until we are at 2-4 in my favour. He drops a Mewtwo with DCE. He then kos my Celebi and Smeargle (BTW when I Portraited he had nothing, but a random receiver :p). I then top deck a juniper! I play it for a Mewtwo, DCE Pluspower and Junk Arm (for catcher) and win!! After the game I asked why he dropped down the Mewtwo and he said he thought I had played a lot of junk arms and catchers. During the game I played one of each before hitting the one for the win. GG

1-0

Round 2 Allan (CMT)

He starts Shaymin to my Tornadus EX and I go first. I have a skyarrow and a bunch of energy with a Juniper. I play Skyarrow and Juniper hitting the PlusPower for the game!GG

2-0

Round 3 Ashir (ZEELs)

I get off to a great start with a turn one Power Blast which puts him in a lot of pressure. He starts to run out of steam and I win with him only taking 2 prizes.

3-0

Round 4 Hamzha (E.T.)

We both are the only 3-0s so that takes off a lot of pressure for this game. I get off to a great start denying him of evolving with catcher until he N's me to 2. I had no energy or supporter so he takes 6 unanswered prizes.

3-1

I come in as he 3rd seed and have to face a ZEELs in Top 4.

TOP 4 Eric (ZEELs)

Game 1

I go first and take two Tynnamos out with my Virizion which was my only attacker in play as I had a dead hand. He then promotes a zekrom with no energy when he has a Thundurus charged up. I could have Leaf Walloped for 80 putting the Zekrom in KO range for the rest of my attackers, but instead announce "I'll double draw!" Many people would see this as a misplay, but Virizion was my only attacker in play and an Outrage with a Plus Power would knock me out plus off the Double Draw I hit a PONT. ON his turn he is forced to Juniper a decent sized hand and I see him discard a DCE and pluspower so Double Draw was the right call. He attaches a {L} and retreats (SAB) to Thundurus hitting me for 80. On my turn I play PONT and am able to set up a Tornadus EX to KO his Thundurus with Plus Power. He then can't attack on his turn, but has a Zekrom that will be able to bolt strike next turn. Ob my bench I am setting up a regular Tornadus to finish off the game. I catcher his Zekrom and do 100 he then uses outrage. I promote virizion and leaf wallop for KO. He then can't attack on his turn so is forced to promote an Eelektrik which I use Junk Arm for Plus Power to KO. He then bolt strikes for KO with an Eviolited Zekrom for KO. I promote Tornadus Cathcher his EEl and Junk Arm for Plus Power for game!

That game took up 45 minutes so we had 15 minutes for game 2.

Game 2

I had the worst luck ever as I had no supporter or energy and was forced to use things like Regigigas EX and virizion to wall as I wanted to make him work for prizes as my deck is really good in sudden death. Time is called so I lost game 2 and we move onto a game three sudden death.

Game 3

I win the flip and go first with a Mewtwo start! The only time you ever want to start with Mewtwo is in sudden death which fortunately I do. He starts with Tornadus EX and Tynamo. I immediately play DCE with Plus Power and Juniper to try and hit thye cacher which I whiff so I hit Tornadus EX for 50. On his turn he goes all out to get a Mewtwo and whiffs by one card so uses blow through for 60. On my turn I use PONT and get the perfect hand to win. Celebi, 2 {G}, switch and something worthless. I play switch FB and attach retreat and XBall for game!!

I scooped Top 2, because I don't have a chance at worlds on poibts and Hamzha is only like 3 or something short and had another BR to go to in the day and would miss it if I made him stay and play. Anyway it was a great day and I had a lot of fun.

Pros
2nd!

Cons
Pulling Junk from my packs again!

Thanks for reading

Why didn't Hamza scoop if HE was the one that head to go. It sounds like you got the short end of the deal there. But congrats on the top 2 :D

^

It said that he was three points short, so that was just cf11 being nice. The people who qualify for worlds put a lot of time and energy into it (I think) so scooping was just being nice.

Anyway good job on the top 2. It's been so long since i got one of those...

Gistica said:
Why didn't Hamza scoop if HE was the one that head to go. It sounds like you got the short end of the deal there. But congrats on the top 2 :D

The prizes are the same aside from victory cup and i have no shot at worlds unless i come top 4 at nats and Hamazha right now is just a top 16 finish at nats away from an invite to worlds.

Back