• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Another Fairy Deck #bandwagon

FearThePegasus

or PegFear for short.
Experience: Novice

Pokemon
  • 3 Xerneas EX XY
  • 3 Xerneas XY
  • 2-2 Aromatisse XY
  • 1 Keldeo EX LT
  • 1 Mewtwo EX LT

Trainers
  • 4 Shauna
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 N
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Exp Share
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 1 Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC

Energy
  • 10 Fairy Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy
Doesn't matter if you start first or second, both have their benefits. Ideal starter is Xerneas, getting an energy attachment first turn is almost a requirement. Probably the best turn 1 you can have is Xerneas with an energy attached in active ready to Geomancy, Spritzee on the bench ready to be evolved next turn, Xerneas EX/Mewtwo EX on the bench getting ready, and Fairy Garden in play in that order from highest to lowest priority. Turn 2 should comprise of evolving Spritzee into Aromatisse, attaching another energy to the bench, and using Geomancy. Turn 3, Time to attack, retreat Xerneas, put attacker in active move energy to attacker (you should have at least 4 energy on your field by now), then start attacking. If your attacker gets heavily damaged move the energy off and use max potion, if your attacker is KO'd you better get that energy back and fast or you'll fall behind. Now for some explanations for some of my card choices, Keldeo EX for getting rid of status effects, allowing Xerneas EX to X Blast for consecutive turns, and annoy opponents that are using Pokemon that are weak to water. Mewtwo EX is to KO any energy heavy Pokemon (Snorlax, Lugia, Xerneas EX, Yveltal EX, Mewtwo EX, etc.) because most Pokemon with a lot of energy on them do OHKO's and OHKO's are your mortal enemy in this deck. Shauna instead of N, this is personal preference I have paranoia to the point I won't use N even if it's the only supporter in my hand unless there is a noticeable prize lead because the chance that it might help my opponent more than it'll help me freaks me out so you can change that if you wish. Pokemon Catcher is to focus down threats to your strategy and your energy (which is the most important resource in the deck). Exp Share is to keep as much energy in play as possible when your attacker gets KO'd. Tool Scrapper is for when your opponent is exploiting tool cards, such as Garbodor/Tool, Keldeo/Float Stone, and Exp Shares. Energy Retrieval/Super Rod/Professor's Letter are for getting your Energy back after an attacker gets KO'd with energy on it, GETTING THIS ENERGY BACK IS IMPORTANT, Super Rod has the versatility of also getting back Pokemon, Energy Retrieval just brings the energy straight from the discard into your hand and I prefer it over Superior Energy Retrieval because it doesn't require you to discard but it's just another one of those preference things, and Professor's Letter pulls 2 energy from your deck into your hand. Last but not least Double Colorless Energy, which allows you to power your main attackers (Xerneas EX/Mewtwo EX) that much faster and it also keeps more energy in play.

Things I'm Considering:
More Mewtwo EX
Switch/Escape Rope

Things I'm Not Considering:
Slurpuff
Rainbow Energy/Prism Energy
Misc. Tech Pokemon
Taking out Pokemon Catchers
Hypnotoxic Laser
Muscle Band

Eh, you don't really need Virizion. Keldeo still does the Job.
-1 Virizion-EX
+1 Xerneas (XY)
Also, I still don't see the point in countering PlasmaKlang, so I would switch the Circle for Garden and the Darkness for Rainbow/Fairy, but that's just me :p
You may also want to consider Mr. Mime.

I completely rethought the strategy of my deck, I think to make the list more consistent I'm going to focus on Fairy energy because it's harder to remove. So here's a revised list. Buffed up the supporter line a little.

Hi FearThePegasus,

Nice decks. Consider to loose some of the heal cards and add cards that make the deck faster and a little more consistent.

Pokemon (12):
  • 3 Xerneas EX (XY)
  • 3 Xerneas (XY)
  • 2-2 Aromatisse (XY)
    [*]1 Keldeo Ex
  • 1 Mr.Mime (PLF)

Trainers (36):
  • 4 Juniper
    [*]3 Shauna
  • 2 Colress
    [*]3 N

[*]1 Dowsing Maschine

[*]3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    [*]1 Super Rod
    [*]2 Bicycle
    [*]2 Max Potion
    [*]2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
    [*]2 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Fairy Garden

Energy (11):

• [*]11 Fairy Energy

Included Bicycles to ensure the deck can draw in needed cards. Two Tool Scrapper are sufficient with Dowsing Maschine. The latter one makes the deck a little more versatile and allows it to also win the stadium combat. Same holds for Max Potion.

Laser are an awesome combo with Muscle Band and X-Blast since this card allows Xerneas Ex to ohko several Pokémon Ex in the format. It can be a dead card in an Virizeon environment but it is worth the risk. Escape Rope is a combined Switch and Catcher but you cannot choose the defender to become active. Neverthess it is disruption and a means to retreat when Garden and Keldeo are notavailable at the same time.

Keldeo Ex combos with Garden and takes less deck space than the entire Surpuff line. If you also want to negate status damage consider Virizeon Ex instead and turn three Fairies Energies into Prism Energies.

Super Rod allows the deck to retrieve needed Pokémon and basic energies. Note that the deck list above has room for one tech card. This would either be Pal Pad or a third Level Ball for more speed, for any item card that works well as a tech in the local environment.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

After a little play testing I buffed the aromatisse line, took out the cassius, and added another level ball. I wasn't able to consistently pull out aromatisse with only the 2-2 line. T2 Aromatisse really makes things easy. Especially since Xerneas puts the energy out of 2 different pokes

Hi FearThePegasus,

How about this:

- 1 N
- 3 Pokémon Catcher
- 1 Computer Search

- 1 Shauna (reliable draw)
+ 2 Escape Rope (more reliable and also switches)
+ 1 Super Rod (return lost energies and Pokémon)
+ 1 Dowsing Maschine (so versatile in this deck)

I like my catchers and switching isn't a problem in the deck but I am considering the super rod because if an attacker gets ko'd with energy getting it back is a huge pain. I need to do a little more testing with the supporter counts but right now I really like shauna

Alright I got to play test a little and the deck is working pretty good. The only problem is the supporter line and energy getting taken off the board. So I brought the supports down to 12 and added 2 energy retrieval and a super rod

Hi FearThePegasus,

How about these modifications:

- 2 Energy Retrieval
- 1 Juniper

+ 1 N
+ 1 Skyla
+ 1 Super Rod

You could retrieve lost energies with Super Rod and re-attach with Xerneas non-Ex. If this does not work mid-game in test runs retain one energy retrieval. Would also like to fit in one or two Bicycles to make Skyla more versatile but have no idea how to do so. The deck feels similar to VirGen for some reasons. maybe their trainer line could help to come up with a more optimal trainer choice. What are your thoughts on this issue?

Getting the Xerneas non-ex is near impossible if your opponent has already knocked out something with energy on it.

*bump*
Thanks for the help guys! I think this is the final list! Now just to buy 2 Fairy theme decks, some shauna, max potions, mewtwo ex, 1 more fairy garden, pull some xerneas ex before march!

Back