Announcing a Monumental Partnership with TCGplayer.com: Win Stuff Every Month!

I'm very excited for the tournaments! I like how ya'll will be judging not only by wins, but also by improvements and unique decks. That's definitely going to help encourage competitors to bring new strategies to the table.

Thanks to TCGPlayer for helping Pokebeach do this. :D

Do we need a TCGPlayer account to get points and be a part of this if we are a writer?
No. You do need a TCG Player account to use Prize Wall points though.

Is the blog thing for all members?
Yes. :D

yeah... Just one question... Is this for US players only?
No. Anyone can participate. TCG Player does not ship to certain countries so if they are unable to ship to you they will provide you with equally valued gift cards or other products. It depends on the exact country. You will definitely be rewarded with some sort of prize. We don't want to turn away any player because of their country.

Am I able to write about experiences running a VGC Tournament? I hold much more of these than League Challenges. In a couple months I'm hosting a Midseason Showdown in MN and would like to write about it. How I decided entry fees, prizes, etc.

Meh, I don't have the money to be a premium member, but It's nice to know we're still teaching that there are classes among humans. Those who have the money, and those who don't. And those who don't are damned to the poor dregs of society once more.

Does anyone have a link to sign-ups?
News Story said:
Sign-ups for January’s tournament begin tomorrow! For now, each tournament will allow for 64 players on a first-come, first-serve basis, but PokeBeach premium subscribers will always have priority.

Looks like sign-ups will be up within the next 24 hours some time, so keep an eye out for them!

I can't blame WPM for doing this. TCGPlayer is a pretty solid site to order from, and much safer than Ebay in my experience. The tourneys are a pretty cool addition too.

I'm questioning some of this? Yes, I need a link to sign-ups. 2, how will this take place on the PCTGO? And I am very confused about the article righting thingy. I just don't understand.

Meh, I don't have the money to be a premium member, but It's nice to know we're still teaching that there are classes among humans. Those who have the money, and those who don't. And those who don't are damned to the poor dregs of society once more.

I can relate, I don't have the money for a premium account either. But It's understandable, this site can't be all charity, premium is the main income and keeps this site going. So in a way I'm glad It's there. This site has such a great database and a helpful community, I don't want to see it go. Ofcourse the people that pay have access to even more info (and now prices also) but that's all part of how things work in this world. We are however, in no way less.

The premium article program does NOT support the site (or me). 100% of the money goes to the article writers and editors.

We're here to build the best TCG community possible, which means pushing for an article program that can give out consistent advice from the game's top players. Due to the nature of the online community, top advice isn't free anymore, and that has nothing to do with what we at PokeBeach have made true. For nearly 13 years I have done everything I do on this site for free, and if I could have it my way, everything else would be that way too. But we have to face reality and adapt to the times, which means offering a premium article program so that we as a TCG site can still offer top advice to people who want it (because as I said before, top advice isn't free anymore, and this is the only way we can offer it). Our program is also different in that the writers actually sit down with you and help you with your deck lists.

Besides, you can still play in our tournaments and get FREE booster packs from TCGplayer! Or write articles and potentially win a FREE booster box from TCGplayer! Plus you can get advice from the FREE forums or the community blog, which should be starting to show up on the front page within the next few days. And who knows what else will be on the horizon...

Back