Writing And the Winner is...!

bacon

!!!!!
Alright guys, the moment you've all been waiting for...

RULES:

1) Read through every entry.
2) You may not vote for yourself.
3) You may not vote more than once.
4) Voting ends in 2 weeks time.

Ok, so how does this voting work?

Making your vote:

Pretty simple really. Voters must list their first, second and third favourite entries. An entry voted as most favourite will be awarded three points, an entry voted as second favourite will be awared two points, and an entry voted as third favourite will be awarded one point.

Once the voting period is over, all the votes will be counted up, and whichever entry has the most points will be declared this months winner. I wish you all the best of luck!

---

42 chocolate said:
Power of the Aura
A tragic story of new beginnings

The cave was pitch-black, and normally it would be impossible to make your way through it. However, I walked through it just as I would walk through a brightly lit room. Something guided me, a mysterious power. I was oblivious to what it was, but it was an excellent power to have. I could sense when something bad was about to happen, and I could see through walls. As I walked through the cave, I could sense that nothing bad was going to happen. The cave walls were too thick to see through, though. Just as I got to my meditation spot in the middle of the cave, I sensed that something terribly bad was about to happen. I looked around. My instincts told me to run, but I stood still, listening for any signs of what was to come. Suddenly, the cave ceiling started to crumble. I instantly started running toward the end of the cave, determined to get out before I was stuck forever inside the cave. I ran for my life, knowing that my fate was in my own hands. After several minutes of running, I saw the cave opening again. I ran towards it, faster than ever before, but before I could reach it, a piece of the cave’s ceiling fell and blocked the way out. I sat there and cried for who knows how long. Then, I heard something moving and someone grunting. The rocks blocking the cave’s entrance were being pushed away! I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw that it was my father, rescuing me. I smiled and ran towards him, jumping over any boulders in the way.
“Daddy!” I yelled, and jumped into his arms. He smiled, and said to me something I would never forget, no matter how hard I might try.
“I must go now. That was no strength. That was the power of the aura, and I am afraid I have used all of mine.”
“What does that mean?” I asked him.
“It means… I must depart this world.” he replied, and then he vanished.
“Daddy?” I called, my tears surfacing again. There was no reply. My tears fell silently onto the ground. I hoped desperately that my father would return, but there was no sign of him ever coming back. I knew that the impossible had happened, and my father had died. But I knew that as long as I remembered him, he would live on.

I was just a young Riolu then, and times have changed. I have grown into a much stronger, much older, and much more mature Lucario, yet I still cry when I think about the day my father left me forever. I still secretly wish that he would come back. And one night, one very special night, I saw a shooting star. I could not believe my eyes, for my aura told me that it was, in fact, a Jirachi. But I did not wish for my father back. I knew that in reality, nothing could bring back the dead. Besides, another Pokémon could be much happier with any wish.
I have not married, and I do not have any children or friends. I have learned that it is best not to get too emotionally attached to anything, and I do not want anyone to be sad when I die. I know what a horrible experience it is when someone you love dearly and want to stay in your life forever departs the world.
One day, I heard a knock on my door. I did not open it, for I did not want to see any other Pokémon at all, ever again. I had grown too selfish, much too selfish, and I didn’t want other Pokémon to come in my house either. Whoever was knocking on the door was desperate to come in, though, for the doorbell rang about seventeen times. I slowly got up from my chair, grabbed my walking stick, and walked to the door. I opened it, and a young Munchlax rushed in, knocking me off my feet. I looked at him like he was a maniac, which I was sure he was, rushing in like that and making one of the elderly fall.
“Close the door, quick,” he panted, pushing it as hard as he could, which was not very hard. I used aura to close the door, and it happened to be the last of it. I didn’t know that your aura would be passed on to the first young Pokémon you meet. I watched as the aura rushed out of me and into the Munchlax, and I uttered one word that I knew he would never forget, no matter how long he lived,
“Goodbye.”
I watched tears start falling from his eyes as he looked at my body on the ground, and he replied something that would stay in my heart forever.
“I may not have known you very well, but you must have been an excellent Pokémon. I know that the power you have given me is aura, and I shall use it well. Thank you. I am very sad to see you go, but you shall live on in my heart and in my aura.”
Then, I vanished.

Years after Lucario’s death:

I sat in the chair, still thinking about the day I met the Lucario who gave me the power of the aura, something that the Lax species had never had before. It was the year nineteen ninety-nine, at eleven fifty-nine P.M. In about thirty seconds, it would be the beginning of a new millennium. But it would also be a new beginning for aura, and the way it was distributed. I began to snore.

Delta said:
My entry -
A tragic story about a girl and her Raichu

New Beginning - Entry - Delta - Pokebeach SSC

It was a cold night when I woke up, still my Raichu hadn't been getting better.
I opened the window as I got out of my bed and I looked at the clouds. They looked so peacful and agile. Like, they could wonder away at
any moment. But they didn't, they always stuck by me, just like my Raichu. I then closed the window and looked at my raichu it was still
getting bigger and bigger. I cared for it I really did. It was going to give birth soon, I just new it, it was two days over due but I still think it can happen within the next two days.
I yawned and whent back to sleep in my pika-bed. Worried about my little Raichu.

The next morning my eevee woke me up by wafting it's tail gainst my nose.
I wafted it away, and when I sat up my Raichu was in the middle of my legs, just sleeping there in it's cute little scrunched up way.
I carefully lifted my legs from under it and started to walk out of my bedroom.
My eevee followed as I didn't close the door. And it rather ponsily walked behind me.
The morning was no better than the night, still a bit cloudy, but a nice pale white colour today.
I walked downstairs, still half awake and rubbing my eyes I noticed from the corner of my eye, my Raichu had woken up. I smiled. And considering it was pregnent I helped it downstairs
(Of course, it weighed like 200 pounds so I couldn't carry it but two feet at a time I helped it downstairs.)

We soon got downstairs and then we got to the kitchen.
"Alisa!," Joanne shouted "Breakfast!,"
"Be there in a sec mom," I replied, still helping my Raichu.
My Raichu waddled along the kitchen floor on two legs, as I held it's front two to keep it stable.
I sat down at the table and started to dig away at my toast, leaving the bread crusts, and giving them to my Raichu. Mom set down a can of poke-blocks for my eevee.
"Rai Rai Rai...chuuuuuu!," Raichu cried
I giggled, and walked into the bathroom.
I came out 10 minutes later with new clothes and hair. I looked at my pachirisu watch, it was 7:10, time to leave for school.
I grabbed my bag and got my belt full of pokeballs from the side and left out of the door while shouting
"I'm off mom!,"
"Ok Dear," My mom said, half getting cut off by the slam of the door.

I walked outside and pulled out my pink, clefairy mobile and dialed my freind, Lucy
I put it to my ear and she picked up,
"Hey are you ready yet?," I asked
"Yep, just about, meet me at the fountain, I'll see you there," She explained in the staticy voice.
I nodded and ended the call, then put it back in my pocket
I put my hand in my pocket and started to walk over to the fountain.
I noticed that the pidgeys were quiete Docile today, like a big day is going to happen.
As usual I walked by the guy who had the poliwhirl, and the game corner was just about to set up shop.
Finally I got to the fountain where Lucy was nowhere in sight.
I waited for a couple more minutes and realised she wasnt going to be far.
I yawned and closed my eyes for about 3 seconds, when I opened them, a pair of giant green eyes was staring me right in the face.
"Aaaggh!," I squealed, almost runing to the top of the fountain.
It was Lucy, I noticed that she had her Kadabra behind her, so she must of used teleport
"He...hehe..he," I smiled, still rattely about before.
“So are we off?,”Lucy asked
“Yeah, Sure,” I said climbing down from the fountain.”Let’s go”
I looked at my watch, it was 7:20, still no sign of anyone from school.
I was getting uneven and started to catch up with Lucy.
My phone started to ring and vibrate.
“Hold on,” I said to Lucy
I answered it and put it straight to my ear.
“ALISA!!,” A voice called out
“Mom?!,” I questioned “Whats wrong?”
“Raichu laid it’s egg in your room!,” Joanna explained
I took a deep breath of relief and hung up the phone.
“Hey Lucy,” I pointed
“Hmm?,” She raised an eyebrow
“I am taking a day off, say I am sick or something”
I then ran off back to my home as fast as I could, one leg after another.

I opened the door to see my Raichu exhausted on the table. I ran over to it and picked it up and hugged it softly, a tear dropped from the corner of my I as I grinned
“Raichu...Raichu I am so proud,”
“Raaaaaiiiiichhhhuuuuu...u...u”, It’s cry faded out as it shuts it’s eyes.
“...Raichu...Raichu!?....,”
It didn’t respond,
My small tear fell into an oceon of sadness. I fell to my knees , still holding my Raichu over my shoulder.
“Raichu...Rai...chu...,” My cheeks became a river and I couldn’t help but scream for my Raichu.
My mom came in and hugged me, still ith my Raichu over my shoulder. She then put an Egg on the table.
“Huh!?,” I questioned, wiping my nose.
“Give me Raichu,” Joanna stepped forward.
I passed her my Raichu and she stood up and lked away.

*Four days later*
“Well, that’s my little Rai, buried,” I mentioned “Isn’t that right...Pichu”
“PICHU PICHU!,” It cried

The end

Fridge said:
Mousetrap​

At first, I liked Dawn. She was quite nice to me, fed me well, and gave me a home. I liked Ash and Brock too, even if they were a bit odd. I mean, they never seem to wash or change their clothes. Eeew, gross. Ash cant be more than 10 years old, but he's the kind of person who thinks they will be 10 forever. He thinks he's Peter Pan or something, on the way to Neverland. And Brock. He's just desperate.

Well hey, I even forgot to introduce myself. I'm Emma. I'm Dawns Buneary. My dream is to show the world what Pokémon really is about. See, I'm a Pokémon rights protestor. You may remember me for one of my more famous campaigns. 'We want Peanut Block - not PokeBlock' was my first big one. Humans treat us like pets. Why should we be forced to eat what looks like pig excretion whilst those humans enjoy sandwiches, which actually look more like rice balls than sandwiches anyway?

I've got a new campaign now. It’s the big one, and I figure if it all goes well then finally us Pokémon will be free. It’s the ill-treatment campaign of Pokémon worldwide. Humans force us to half kill each other, then say if we go to sleep at the Pokémon centre for a couple of seconds it will make everything better? And how come it's always that same girl who pretends to treat you? (She actually just puts you to bed and says: 'Here, all better') I swear her hair is pink. That can’t be natural. People with pink hair generally belong in Emo pop groups, not hospitals.

Anyway, enough about my campaigns. I'm here to tell you a story, to teach you a lesson. I figured its the hardest lesson anyone can learn, but I learnt it the hard way. Don't make my mistakes.

It all started with Pikachu. Pikachu is Ash's favourite Pokémon. He is spoiled sick, and I can’t stand him. Whenever he looks at me, I turn my head in disgust, red-faced. He thinks he's so cute, and swans around trying to be better than everyone else. And then Dawn starts spouting rubbish about how I have a crush on this dude? Is she nuts?

I can't stand Pikachu, I just can't. He makes me sick. He makes me want to kill him. And one day, I decided to do just that. It wouldn’t be a big deal, and it would give me the perfect chance to put the plan I had been waiting to perform all these years into action.

Pikachu always sleeps by Ash's bed. I hate the way he sucks up to him like that, alwyas his favourite. The others hate him too. I guess I'll be doing them all a favour.

"Hey Pikachu," I asked casually.

"Chu?" he replied. It’s always odd. Why can other Pokémon only speak using their names? How can I understand what 'Chu' means? It’s also strange though. When other trainers speak to me, they look at me as if I've spoken gibberish. I ask for a snack, and they look at me as if I've said 'Meow!' or 'Neary-Bun-Bun!' or something stupid like those other Pokémon do.

"Come on outside," I told him.

"Chu Chu Pi," Pikachu replied. I couldn’t understand what he meant but I figured it was a yes. What an idiot. Completely naive, the lot of them. It’s like they don't live in the real world at all.

I took Pikachu's hand and he blushed slightly. I dragged him outside, all smiles. He looked strangely happy. But I didn’t feel sorry for him. Emotion was useless during a murder. It would only make me think about what I was doing, and when the time came, I might not be able to bring myself to do it.

And then, my foot landed on earthy soil and I knew we had come to the end of the tent. The time was here.

Do it now! My instincts told me. But not yet. I had to wait until we were further away from the tent.

We walked a bit further, hand in hand, until we came to the entrance to a forest. The tent was about twenty meters away now. My chance. I had to do it here.

"Hey Pikachu," I asked. "How about a small battle?"

"Pi-pi!" he replied excitedly. Loser. I couldn't stand him, even though I knew his time was coming to an end. No emotions, I reminded myself. Feel no sympathy.

Pikachu surged forward, building up a charge. A volt tackle. Pah, easy stuff. I waited until the very last second, and then just before he could reach me, stepped aside swiftly. Pikachu smashed headfirst into the tree, and I took my chance instantly. I grabbed some vines from a nearby bush, and tied him to the tree. Dawn had given me a rock smash HM recently, and I figured it should come into play.

I lashed out one blow after another on the flailing mouse, until he lay still. His eyes formed swirling patterns and he dropped to the floor, slipping out of the vines. I picked some of the vines up, and tied them around Pikachu's neck. They would find him tomorrow, hanging from the tree. But they wouldn't notice buneary was missing until later. Much later.

And this was it. My chance. This was the moment I'd been waiting for for so many years now.

I hated travelling with Ash and Dawn and the rest of those Muppets. It was time to make a quick getaway. Away from the torture of Pokémon battling. Away from the pain of another Pokémon-block meal that tasted of live wurmples. Away from those incompetent team Rocket losers who called themselves bad guys. It was pathetic, the whole thing.

Enough noise had been made to awaken Ash and the rest of them, perfect. I slipped into the forest, unnoticed. The perfect getaway. Pikachu's death would be the perfect distraction. If I had slipped away in the middle of the night, everyone would have noticed I was gone the moment they woke up, and immediately found me. But this way, they would be too busy dealing with Pikachu to notice. They wouldn't realise I was gone until the next day. And by that time, I would be long gone.

A new life. A life on the run perhaps? A life in the wild? A life of crime maybe? The possibilities were endless.

But it didn't matter what I would do. I was away from the tortures of the world of Ash and Dawn, and all those other idiotic humans.

For the first time in years, I was free.

PMJ said:
- begin -

Rise to Power

In an office somewhere in Sinnoh, a young man sat at a desk. A teenage boy, five or six years the man's junior, stood next to him. The two of them watched intently as a reporter delivered the morning news.

"Our top story tonight: Team Galactic Commander Robert Dranix was arrested late last evening by undercover International Police agents at Stark Mountain. Authorities speculate Dranix, more commonly known by the code name "Charon," was attempting to create an artificial eruption of the mountain. Details are sketchy at this point, but..."

"I suppose the old man couldn't... take the heat?" the green-haired boy asked, chuckling a bit at his own joke.

"Shut up," his blue-haired supervisor scolded him. "I'm watching this." The two men returned their attention to the television.

"International Police are still searching for 27-year-old Alan Cyrus, leader of Team Galactic, who vanished two weeks ago after being seen headed into Mt. Coronet. Cyrus's top two subordinates, 22-year-old Lisa "Jupiter" Callimede and 19-year old Shirley "Mars" Pheimos, are rumored to be with him. Twenty-four-year-old Rick "Saturn" Tethas has not been seen since the explosion at Lake Valor late last month and is presumed in hiding. A reward continues to --"

The TV was clicked off. The man at the desk sighed. "I knew bringing that old man on board was bad news. He'll probably talk in exchange for a reduced sentence, the senile old fool."

The one with green hair was hesitant to speak. "C-Commander Saturn..."

"What is it?!" he snapped back.

"W-with Commander Charon gone, and Commanders Mars and Jupiter missing along with Master Cyrus... you're the only one left."

Saturn rose from his chair in flash and introduced the boy's face to the back of his hand. "Don't you think I know that?!" he screamed. The young man fell to the ground, clutching the place where he'd been struck. Tears filled his eyes, threatening to spill over at the slightest provocation. "Worm. I don't need you to sit here and tell me the obvious!"

"Y-yes, sir," the grunt responded meekly, embarrassed and now emotionally as well as physically hurt by Saturn.

Saturn flipped on a switch attached to a device on the desk. Grabbing a microphone, he spoke into it. "Attention all maggots. Saturn here. I'm calling a meeting in the lunch room in ten minutes. I expect all of you to be there." Without another word, he switched off the intercom. "Get up," Saturn spat to the grunt below him. The grunt scrambled to his feet, fearing he would anger his boss further. "What did you come here for, anyway?"

"I... actually, I came to report that Commander Charon was arrested last night, but then they said it on the news, and..."

Saturn pinched the bridge of his nose, a pained look in his eyes. Things were going to be so different from now on..." You're excused. And I expect to see you at that meeting. You are dismissed."

"Y-yes, sir!" the grunt managed a salute before bolting out of the room, overjoyed he could get away.

Saturn sat at the chair behind the desk, reclined his feet on the table, and smiled. Normally reserved for Cyrus, Saturn had taken it upon himself to enjoy the boss's quarters in Cyrus's absence. Now, after two long weeks of waiting for word from any of his peers, he had decided he was going to take things into his own hands.

Yes... things were definitely going to be different.

Saturn came to the specified meeting point and surveyed his kingdom. Two thousand "men," most of them teenagers not much older than sixteen, were his to command. He imagined that there would be some unrest with Cyrus's most loyal subordinates, but for the most part, this should go pretty well. He approached the podium located at the front of the room and addressed his crew.

"All right, listen up," the blue-haired man began. Instantly, all the men ceased their conversation and paid attention to the older man before them. "I'll make this brief. As I'm sure some of you already know, Charon was arrested by the police last night. I think it's safe to say that he's not coming back.

"You all are aware of Cyrus's plans for a new world order. Two weeks ago, Cyrus, Mars, and Jupiter ascended Mt. Coronet to make that happen. None of them have returned since then. Because we can only assume them dead, I am hereby naming myself leader of Team Galactic. According to Galactic law, I am obligated to accept challenges from anyone who thinks he can do a better job than me. If there are any among you who thinks he can take me on, let him speak up now."

Murmurs arose among the crowd. Was Saturn off his rocker? One of the veteran grunts decided to ask just that. "Are you out of your mind? Master Cyrus has only been gone two weeks! You can't just take over!"

Saturn chuckled. "Oh, can't I? Cyrus is more than likely trapped forever in the Distortion World. Why else would he abandon all of us, his loyal followers? He's gone and he's not coming back. I don't know where Mars and Jupiter went, but it's obvious that they don't care, either. I will turn this organization into something far better than Cyrus ever dreamed it could be. As we are now, we are weak, with few numbers and fewer resources. But under my leadership, we will rise again! Now, I ask again - is there anyone out there who would challenge me for my spot as leader?"

The crowd grew more uneasy. None of them really felt okay with betraying Cyrus. They had faith in their leader, as well as his dream. Surely you can't create a new world in two short weeks? All the grunts knew, however, that the only way they'd get out of this mess was to challenge Saturn directly, and that was usually a bad idea. He was commander for a reason; the best lieutenants were hardly a match for him. Still, there had to be someone among them who would at least try to stop this usurper from having his way...

A young lady pushed herself through the crowd. Straightening out her uniform, she brushed aside a lock of golden yellow hair and spoke in a soft voice. "Commander Saturn, I hereby challenge you for the right of leadership of Team Galactic."

Saturn was taken aback slightly by this. He didn't really think anyone had the spine to challenge him, let alone a girl as timid-looking as she. He curled his lips into a smile. This would be cake. He approached the young girl. "State your name and rank, soldier."

"Lieutenant Ariel Despina, sir," she replied, saluting her superior.

Saturn looked at her oddly. She was seriously challenging him? "How old are you, Lt. Despina?"

Without a moment's hesitation, she answered. "Sixteen, sir."

Saturn's interest was piqued. "A lieutenant at 16? You must be quite skilled."

Ariel nodded. "Yes, sir."

"You think you can beat me, you filth?"

Ariel glared at him. "Are you dumb? I just challenged you! I wouldn't have done it if I didn't."

"Hahaha! Very well! I accept your challenge. We'll battle in the arena. Be there in fifteen minutes." Saturn turned to the rest of the crowd now. "The rest of you will be there!"

Saturn gave one last look at his challenger and left. As he kept all his Pokemon on hand, he did not have any need to go anywhere except the arena. A good number of grunts followed him, most of them grunts who reported directly to Saturn, as well as a few who supported Saturn's takeover.

The blue-haired commander took a moment to consider his battle plan. "Hmm... I don't have much to use, no thanks to Cyrus. Toxicroak ought to get me through this battle, though. There's no way that little whelp will be able to do any major damage to my Pokemon, but I can't go easy on her. My dream is at stake here... I will crush her into the dirt, destroy any others dumb enough to take me on, and then maybe I can get started turning this embarrassment Cyrus calls Team Galactic into an organization to be feared!"

Fifteen minutes later, all the members gathered at the arena to watch the battle against Saturn and Ariel.

On the girl's side of the field, Ariel was being given some last-minute advice.

"You sure you wanna go up against the commander?" a fellow lieutenant asked.

"I am very sure," Ariel answered him calmly. "I don't like Commander Saturn. I would love to be able to tell him what to do for a change. I realize it's a long shot, but don't forget that I'm the challenger, so I decide the battle rules. As the challenged, he's not allowed to refuse. If he does, he automatically loses. If I force him to fight in a way that is advantageous to me, I can come out on top."

"If you say so. I'll be rooting for you."

Another lieutenant approached the center of the arena, serving as the official in this match. Saturn and Ariel met by the ref, where they discussed the rules of the battle.

Saturn wasted no time in getting things started. "You know how it works. State your rules."

"As you wish. We will each use one Pokemon each with none in reserve. However, neither of us may use an attack that is super effective on the opponent's Pokemon. Those are my conditions."

Saturn laughed. "I see... you know I have no choice but to accept, so let's do this already."

As the two combatants took their places on their side of the arena, the referee explained the battle's rules, and what was at stake.

"You may release your Pokemon when ready!"

Saturn flung his Poke Ball down. "Toxicroak, come on!"

Ariel likewise tossed her Poke Ball into the arena. "Crobat, I choose you!"

The second Saturn laid eyes on Ariel's Pokemon, he knew he was in trouble. "This isn't good... curse her! I can't believe I didn't see this coming... nearly all my attacks are useless!"

Ariel smiled. She saw the look on Saturn's face when she sent out her Pokemon. "Good. He's squirming. Perfect." She gave the first command. "Crobat, Heat Wave!"

Saturn cringed, hating himself for letting himself get put at such a disadvantage. Still, he was not about to let this stop him. "Very clever. Toxicroak, Sucker Punch!"

Now it was Ariel's turn to cringe. Just as Crobat began to blow his hot breath, Toxicroak smashed him with a fist, sending Crobat reeling. Saturn chuckled. "I will admit that it was a good plan, trying to take advantage of my Toxicroak's ability like that. However, I won't be bested so easily! Toxicroak, Bounce!"

Ariel looked in shock as Toxicroak leaped high into the air, ready to make the pounce. She had to be quick in giving her order. "Crobat, Double Team, then follow it up with another Heat Wave!"

As Toxicroak crashed into the ground, Crobat swiftly encircled him with several illusory copies. Saturn was prepared this time, however. "You think you can beat me with such petty tricks? Toxicroak, Protect!"

No sooner did Saturn give the command did Toxicroak throw up the protective barrier; the heated air attack dissipated harmlessly when it hit. As the copies began to dissipate, Saturn went on the offensive. "Toxicroak, Return attack!"

Toxicroak was on Crobat in a flash, slamming into him with great force. The two Pokemon crashed into the floor, Toxicroak attempting to pin Crobat, and the bat desperately trying to escape.

Saturn did not give Ariel a chance to retaliate. "Finish it up! Bullet Punch!"

Toxicroak complied, delivering countless jabs into Crobat's rapidly weakening body. It wasn't looking good for Ariel. "I wasn't expecting this... darn it! At this rate..." She made one final attempt at attack. "Crobat, Screech!"

It was too late, however. The flurry of Bullet Punches had taken its toll on Crobat. He had fainted. "This match is over." Saturn extended an arm. "You've done well, Toxicroak. Rest now."

Ariel was crushed. She thought for sure that this plan would have worked. Who knew that Saturn's Toxicroak knew such a wide variety of moves... perhaps it wouldn't be so bad having Saturn as a leader.

No, she thought. It wouldn't do any good to think that way. She would have to accept this loss gracefully and return to planning. Trying her best to hide her shame and disappointment, she brought Crobat back into her Poke Ball. She headed to the center to meet her opponent for the standard post-game handshake.

"Well played, Master Saturn," Ariel congratulated the victor and offered her hand.

Much to her surprise, Saturn accepted it. "You didn't do so bad yourself... you nearly beat me. You caught me off guard and forced me to work a lot harder than I had planned. I need strong fighters like you. How would you like to work directly for me? With Mars and Jupiter gone, I'll need someone with your skills. What do you say?"

Ariel lit up at Saturn's suggestion. Perhaps this could work out for her after all. "Oh, the mighty Saturn wishes to enlist the help of the filthy maggot, eh?"

"Yes, well, soldiers with your ability are few and far between. I respect those who prove to me that they are skilled enough to earn it. You've done just that."

"I see. Well then, Master Saturn, I accept your offer. Thank you."

"Hmph. Don't think I won't be any easier on you in the future. The second I think you've gotten weak, you're gone." He paused a moment. "Your code name is Venus. Don't disappoint me."

The newly christened Commander Venus smiled. She may not have been running the show, but second in line wasn't bad. This would be perfect. "No, sir. I wouldn't dream of it."

- end -

RE: Short Story Competition- Voting!

LuckyLuigi7 said:
Short Story Competition Entry
Title: The Statue of Eterna
Author: LuckyLuigi7
Word Count: 2,740 Words
Book Summary: This short story is about a child who wants to be a Pokémon trainer but his parents do not want him to become one, and think Pokémon is a mere waste of time and knowledge. The child then decides to follow his dream whether or not his parents approve leading him in to a fateful situation, in the prescene of Palkia. As he and Palkia both trying to begin something new, they learn from each other and it is unfortunately when Palkia has to go. It's very well-written and I hope you like it. =D

------------------------------

“Come on, Matt, this is effortless,” said Mrs. Meriwethers, my Algebra teacher, as she glared at me intensely. “Why can’t you solve this like the rest of my class?” I felt as though I wanted to tip my desk over and vent my feelings to the entire class, but I remained calm and did not speak a word. “Why can’t you master a simple radical expression?” I could hear some of my classmates chuckling and whispering to each other. I was embarrassed and ashamed. I was probably the worst student in the entire Eterna Middle School. I stared out the window and watched young children train with their Pokémon in the baseball field nearby. A mentor directed each battle and instructed the children on their strategies and carefully guided them to victory. “I wish I could be out there training,” I thought. At that time, Mrs. Meriwethers was right in my face, snapping to get my attention. “You’re a waste of my time,” Mrs. Meriwethers exclaimed, storming out of the room. Luckily, at the time, the bell rang and school was finally over. As my other classmates got up from their seats, several hit me on the back of the head with their books. I moaned as I sunk in my chair; I felt worthless.

As I walked out of the school, my mind was crammed with thoughts and ambitions. “Why can’t I become a Pokémon trainer?” I thought. My parents prevented me from attending the trainer school in Jubilife City. They believed Pokémon were a “squander of intellect”, using them to battle to gain badges. I definitely did not think of Pokémon the way my parents did. I wanted to make new friends, and battle along the roadside after school. Every thought and ambition was crushed, knowing that my parents had different dreams for me. As I walked through the streets of Eterna city, I gazed up at an enormous granite statue over quadruple my height. The mound of stone formed the shape of a dragon. I read the metal inscription on the front of the state: Palkia, the spatial Pokémon, has the ability to warp space. Wrapped in violent conflicts with its opponent, Dialga, it uses its Lustrous Orb to augment its power while in battle. I smirked. “I definitely don’t want to have that Pokémon as a pet,” I grinned. I kept walking admiring the serenity of the city. A flock of Farfetch’d flew across the evening skies as I entered the gate to my house. At that time, I knew all serenity was lost.

I opened our moss-covered door, and walked in to the family room. The room was tidy, not one single speck of dust on the floor. I continued walking and entered the dining room. Piles of books and writing tablets were scattered along the dining room table while my parents sat there, reading and analyzing, silently, not realizing that I had entered the room. They were obviously wrapped up in their own thoughts but I persisted on speaking to them. “Mom, dad, I need something you guys.” They both stared at me warily. I knew they did not take favors very well. They wanted me to be a responsible adult at only half through 6th grade. “What do you need,” my mother responded, the more considerate of the two. “I want to…” I cleared my throat and trembled before them. “I want to have my own Pokémon,” I shouted! I felt as though I was going to be thrown to the Lions. My father and mother stood up and looked down on me, their pupils fixed upon mine. “You do know what we said,” my mother said. “Pokémon is not admirable in people,” added my father. “They are made for the wildlife and that’s it. Technology is the key to living.” My parents sat back down and continued reading. I felt as though I wanted to rebel, but because my conscious was obedient, I could only limp upstairs with a depressed look on my face.

I slammed the door of my bedroom and flopped on to my bed, tossing my backpack on the floor. I felt like crying. My mind was cluttered with unfulfilled desires. I glanced out the window and watched the clouds roll by. Wingulls perched on the window sill and cawed at me through the glass. I was fascinated by the Pokémon’s capability to detect my feelings and I opened the window to let them in. They surrounded me and started to peck the comforter of my bed. Another one began to perch on my head. I opened my bedside drawer and gave each of them a cracker. Suddenly the wind began to blow and the Wingulls started to fly out the window and in to the direction of the setting sun. Beautiful hues of yellows and oranges were painted on the horizon. I began to cry hypnotized by the spectacle before me. “I want to become a Pokémon master,” I exclaimed. “My parents do not know what’s best for me…” I picked up my backpack from the floor and emptied all my textbooks and worksheets from it. I dashed to the closet and began to pull out several outfits. I started to pile them in to my backpack along with a pair of binoculars, sunglasses, and an old baseball cap. I drew my wallet from my dresser and slipped it in my pocket. “I’m determined to follow my dreams,” I whispered under my breath. Before I knew it, I had rolled my escape rope from the top of my window down to the shrubbery in the back of the house. Climbing down with excellence, I threw myself over the fence and vanished in the prevailing darkness. Twilight had begun.

I came to the nearest Pokémart and stocked up on pokéballs, potions, ethers, and revives. I knew I would need them once I got my first Pokémon. The store clerk eyed me strangely. “Hey, aren’t you the Thompson’s kid, Matt?” he asked confusedly. “Why would you think that?” I responded. “I don’t know who you’re talking about.” The clerk shrugged and continued to scan my items. Once he had finished, I quickly slipped them in my backpack and sprinted out the automatic doors. I hid in the heathery, unseen, and peered in every direction in glimpse of a wild Pokémon. I could see faint shadows dance across the pavement, and I directed my aim. Suddenly, a figure appeared right in front of me. Its tail bounced back and forth and its eyes gleamed in the moon light. It had a mass of white fur around its neck and the creature was relatively small. “Hmmm… I have no idea what it is, but I’m going to catch it regardless.” I stood up, my pokéball clutched firmly in the palm of my hand. “Pokéball, go!” I roared as the Pokémon fled in fear, the pokéball hitting the pavement with no target. I groaned in vain and watched the Pokémon vanish in to the woods. “This is useless,” I muttered. I treaded across the city streets and wished the Pokémon would return. I returned to the Palkia statue and fell on my knees. “Am I making the right decision?” I prayed. Palkia looked so strong, fearless, and almighty. I wished Palkia would help win my battles for me.

Suddenly the sky parted and thunder flashed across the cobble-stones streets. Everything was turbulent, debris whipping across my face. A large creature swooped down and picked me off my feet. I gulped in fear as I hovered higher and higher from the ground. I made a childish shriek as I vanished in the night sky. Before I could even realize what had happened, a flash of bright light irritated my eyes. Within a matter of a few seconds, I began to feel dizzy and blacked out. When I awoke, I felt a small load on top of me. When I opened my eyes, I noticed the same creature who I had attempted to catch before was licking my face. I smiled and stroked its back, the tenderness of its cry comforting me amidst the trauma of dislocation. “Where am I,” I wondered, as I slowly bent upwards and carried the creature in my arms. I had realized I had been wrapped in soft linens and reeds of grass. It appeared to me that obviously who ever had put me here had a good sense of motherhood. “I thought you were scared of me,” I said to the creature as I looked in to its eyes. “What are you called?” I added. The creature shrilled. “Eevee!” “I guess I’ll call you Eevee, then,” I negotiated. I glanced at my surroundings. I could feel warm ways of sunlight beam against my body. But the sunshine was not coming aerially but from the floor. I peered down and saw tiny white puffs and a strange moving object drifting across the sky. “Wait a minute,” I said to myself. “Those are clouds and that’s an airplane.” “Wait a minute!” I repeated. “I’m over the top of the sky!” I panicked and stomped on the ground trying to break the sturdy barrier below me. “What is this?” I said. “Why was I brought here?” I was utterly distressed.

Suddenly I heard a strident howl come from the other direction. I backed away and crept on my hands and knees trying to keep silent. Before I knew it, an enormous shadow covered all sides of me. I looked up and I could not believe what I had seen. I was in the supreme presence of Palkia. I clutched Eevee in my arms, protecting it from danger. “What do you want from me?” I asked. “Wait, what am I saying,” I said to myself. “He cannot even talk.” “Yes I can,” the creature roared. “Why am I here?” I asked him as I looked down at my feet. “You said you wanted me to help win your battles for you. I’m willing to help you… I know how to fight.” “You don’t get it, Palkia,” I complained. “What did you just say?” he retorted. At this time, his eyes were only a couple inches apart from mine, reminding me of Mrs. Meriwether in Algebra class. “I’m just saying that my battles don’t involve fighting. It was a figure of speech. You wouldn’t understand…” I turned around and starting walking, not knowing or caring, where my own footsteps would lead me. Palkia darted towards me I felt a large tremor below me. Suddenly, I noticed that nothing but air was under me and started to fall. I screamed as I hoped that I would land on something soft and cushioned. Before I knew it, I had been swooped up again by Palkia but this time being docked where I felt comfortable at, the ground. I was back in Eterna, and I was glad to be back. I still didn’t understand why Palkia had managed to forgive me so quickly. “I thought you were mad at me,” I asked.

“I don’t want to be the Pokémon of my past,” he explained. “As you can see on the statue, people think of me as some savage titan that has no mercy. I was like that, with all the battles I fought with my foe, Dialga, but not anymore. I want to change; I want to have a new beginning.” Eevee was perched on his brawny head and jumped on to my own. “I understand,” I answered, “and I know what you mean. I wish I could become a true Pokémon trainer. My parents want me to be a scholar…” Palkia and I gazed at each other for a long time and I actually felt like he was one of my own Pokémon. I glanced at my watch, realizing it was well past noon; I must’ve been asleep for quite a long time. “Palkia, my battles are different than you think,” I continued. “I see,” he returned. “You need to show them the magnificence of our kind. Other do, they should too. They just don’t have the chance to see what we can really do.” As we passed some of the townspeople, they stared in awe at the miraculous sight of a legendary Pokémon. Tiny children hid behind their parents while some of the adults kept guard. Researchers took pictures and logged data while local artists began to sketch the amazing creature. “Once I’m finished helping you out,” he said, “I need to return to the skies. I do not like all of this attention.” I nodded, a little bit saddened at the fact I may never see him again, but we kept walking, headed in the direction of my house. “I don’t think I can ever go back,” I replied. “You must,” he said. “They’re probably worried sick.”

A small crowd stood by the fence surrounding our house as the two of us slowly walked in. My mother could see me through the window and ran out and strangled me with a large hug. “I’m so glad you’re back,” she cried, as she wouldn’t let go of me. She didn’t even realize that Palkia was standing by me the entire time. “Look at my friend, Mom,” I said as my mom looked up at the creature. “Omigosh,” she said as took off her glasses and wiped her eyes. “I told you not to catch a Pokémon!” “Mom,” I replied. “I didn’t catch this. I befriended Palkia. I wish you’d understand…” I walked mournfully in to the house and up in to my bedroom like I had done the night before. “To be honest, I don’t think you understand it either…” Palkia explained. “Pokémon are friends, not just useless creatures only good for nature. You have a wrong image of us. We want to be part of you as your son wants to be part of us. I wish you’d understand how he feels.” She twisted her long amber locks and straightened her glasses about her eyes. “I see,” she muttered. “When I was a child, my parents didn’t encourage me to interact with Pokémon so I guess my husband and I are becoming exactly like they were. He had parents who also had the same views as mine.” Palkia grunted and stood for a long time. I peeked out of the window and could hear the sort murmurs of the two talking. Before I knew it, my mother came in to my room and we both began to cry in each other’s arms. “Thank you, Mom,” I replied to her affection. “Thank you.”

Both of my parents now understand me now; now when I come home from school, I don’t just have to study; I can battle in the streets with the other Pokémon trainers. Using my Eevee skillfully to accumulate a party of six, I knew both my parents were proud. I remember that same night I had to let Palkia return to his home in the heavens. “Palkia,” I said. “Thank you for so much for helping me out. I can’t thank you enough.” “I couldn’t feel better,” he answered. “You helped me understand what starting something new even means. I’m glad to have changed myself and I couldn’t have done it without you.” He smiled at me the best he could despite the fact he was a dragon and I smiled back. “Palkia,” I said. “I know you have to go, but I have one more gift to give you.” I dug in to my backpack and pulled out a metal plate. Palkia knew exactly what I was planning to do the minute he saw it. I gave it to him. It read: Palkia, the spatial Pokémon, has the ability to warp space. In peace with its allies and foes, Palkia uses its Lustrous Orb to augment its power while saving others from turmoil. I saw a tear run down Palkia’s eye as he put his great paw on my own. Together we both nailed in the new inscription on its old and we were both pleased. “Goodbye, Palkia,” I said. “Goodbye, Matt,” he returned, and he flew up in to the heavens faster than I could of imagined. He vanished with a twinkle in the sky. I stared at the statue for a long time with my Eevee on my shoulders. “It’s a new beginning,” I reflected, “for both of us.”

charidude said:
It all happened so fast all that time ago. I was just plain Ricky Rim, nothing too special an ordinary person. But that was before I knew…

I was at school so many years ago. That’s when things started to turn weird. First it was me being called down to the principal’s office on my cell-phone. And when I got there, the entire staff of the man office was gone. I thought it was just some kids playing a prank, not that big of deal, but then it got worse. When I tried to call my parents, the phone crashed. It went on like that whenever I used it but then it changed. I was cut off again. But instead I heard a voice. It was a deep voice. A threatening deep voice. I was scared as I heard the river of words flow into my head.
It said “, Hello Ricky Rim. Yes, we know your name. We know all about you. You have been selected for a special briefing.”
I interrupted “How did you get this number? And who are we?”
The voice continued “, that is all classified. Tomorrow at school go to locker 17158 and use the combination 21-36-47. If you fail to do this there will be consequences.” Just as I was about to ask more questions they hung up. I held the phone dead silent. Was this all a dream? Some person hacks my call threatens me and then nothing? This couldn’t be real. Instead I continued walking home thinking about what the “consequences” could be.

I walked into school like always and scanned the locker numbers looking the least suspicious as I could be. I had convinced myself to look for locker 17158 only because if the person could hack my phone then he could do worse. Much worse. 17156, 17157, here it was 17158. My entire body was shaking. My hand gently grabbed the knob and began to turn the numbers. 21-36-47. Then I heard a click like that of a lock. Not that of
a locker. Then I pressed up on the handle and then the door opened. Instead of a locker I found a hole. I bent over to look down but then someone must have slammed the locker because I fell forward the eliminating darkness of the hole. Finally I hit a soft mattress.
I was a tad startled at first but then I found people surrounding me, staring at me. They were whispering something like “, There he is…that’s his son?” Finally someone walked out to help me up. It was a kind man not too much older than 20.
“Hello there. I’m Nick nice to meet you Ricky,” he said.
“Ummm hello?” I replied completely scared, curios, and shocked at the same time.
“That should be expected,” Nick replied “, follow me.” Nick started to walk away and I follow him through the crowds of people staring at me. Finally we reached a room with all these high-tech gadgets and what not. Then Nick turned around and told me “, now Ricky, what you’re about to see is extremely confidential. And then he continued walking through another door. That’s when I realized that this was serious. No prank at all, serious, confidential, dangerous, and above all way too much for a normal 12 year old.
This room was different. There was a whole bunch of people managing computers. One who looked the most important walked over to me.
“Hello Ricky Rim, I’m Jeffery, and I’m supposed to inform you about your new life.” He told me.
“My new life?” I asked in a state of a shock.
“Yes, that’s correct. Your new life will be working for the government as a special agent.” Jeffery said to me.
“You want me to be a special agent for the government?” I asked now thinking I’ve gone crazy “, a 12 year old kid, not an adult?”
“We chose you for a specific reason, because of how your relatives have helped and done amazing things. “ Jeffery told me.
“My family? They’ve never worked for the government!” I said now wondering how psychotic all of this was.
“Oh, you must not know.” Jeffery instructed me “, well no matter, over there in that hallway grab a parachute.” Instead of arguing I did as he told and went into the air lock room and grabbed a parachute.
“Wait why do I need a parachute? I’m already below the surface of the earth?” I questioned Jeffery.
Jeffery replied “, because you’re being sent to a different world beyond your wildest dreams!”
“What?! Another world? No! I won’t do it!” I screamed. But then Jeffery hit a button and lights started t glow all around me. I started to scream “, This isn’t real! This isn’t real!”
But then I appeared in the sky with my parachute, no room, no Jeffery, but defiantly gravity. I started to fall down at least 1,000 feet in the air. I quickly pulled the chord and my parachute came up. I landed safely on some sort of landing mark. Then I fainted for some reason.

I woke up in a bed. Then some people came rushing over to me.
“You’re awake!” one cried.
Another ran over and yelled down the hallway “, Ricky’s awake!”
Then soon people started rushing into the room. They started whispering and then one said “, Come on, we want to show you something.” They brought me down the hall into a large room, with a man inside, a man I knew from long ago, one I thought was dead, that one was my father.
“Father?” I said almost scared to death.
“Yes son,” he replied in a soft and welcoming voice.
“But how? You died in the war!” I asked him.
“I never died son. The government wanted it to look like I died. But really I was sent here to work on a project just like you.” He told me.
I ran over and hugged him. I finally managed to find my father. So he never died, he was here but then I asked him “, Dad, where exactly is here?”
“I figured that question would come around soon enough. We are in the Pokemon World” he told me “, it’s a wonderful place unharmed by greedy people from our world. And it is inhabited by creatures we call Pokemon.”
Just then a Jolteon came into the room.
“Aaah!” I screamed “, what is that thing?”
“Calm down, it’s only a Jolteon.” he said to me “now say hello to Jolteon.”
“He-Hello?” I said still taken back about this strange world and these creatures called Pokemon. My father explained to me all about pokemon and I had lessons about them everyday. My father also explained I was to protect this world from anyone that would want to ruin it.

That was 4 years ago and now I am 16 as well as a trained specialist for the government with my handy pokemon Jolteon, Salamence, Fearow, and Kelceon. They all have attributes fit for undercover work. Jolteon and Umbreon give me power and stealth, Salamence also provides power and a quick get away, Fearow for the vantage point of a bird, and Kelceon for blending in and getting me updates on the situation. We were an unstoppable team. No criminal eluded us. The only person that was probably better than me was my dad and his Flygon. They were so strong they didn’t need to go undercover but could just waltz in and make them give up by brute force. He was my father, and my hero. And this is where my story continues except now I do not know what is to come.

I walk into the mission briefing room Jolteon beside me. I sit down and listen to a government agent explain the location of a crook. I look to see whom the mission was for. My father as usual. It was to capture a recently found out leader of a major gang corporation called Team Rocket. I see its ranked S the highest ranking. No wonder my father gets it. He was the only S rank agent here. Me second in line, a rank A agent. All the others were Bs and Cs. I walk out of my room followed by my father. I had been assigned a different assignment; it was to locate a supposed pokemon-capturing base set up by Team Magma. My father turned away seeing how I was about to say “, Good luck daddio!” to him. That wasn’t normal. He always wished me luck. It was like he was hiding something. But it didn’t matter I went on my mission like normal and succeeded marvelously. Finally I was to be ranked as an S rank agent.

Bu at my ceremony my dad dint’ show only afterwards did I go over to Agent Nickels and found out a disturbing secret.
“Hey Nickels, Do you know where my father is? He wasn’t at my ceremony.” I asked him.
Nicholas had a worried look on his face. He said to me “, No one has told you yet? On the mission your father told all of our secrets to Giovanni the leader of Team Rocket. He betrayed us. It turns out he was a double agent fooling us all, getting the most important mission to get the best facts. H deceived us all.”
I almost fell back. At first I thought it was a joke. But then I realized it would explain everything. Tears started running down my face. I ran back to my room and dived onto the bed sobbing. My heart had been broken. I decide that I wasn’t about to take this lightly. I packed all of my pokeball, some of my gear, and some food. Then jumped out of my window onto my Salamence. I knew I was violation of the rules, and it was considered treason, but I had to. I had to face my father alone, and bring him to justice. Because I knew now one could stop my father, except maybe me, because I too was now an S rank ex-agent.

I flew over the mountains tracking him down using every agents built in navigation system which could be hacked to find everyone’s location. Finally I cracked the code and found the location. I flew over there and found a Warehouse with the sign of Team Rocket on it. I stayed stealthy and watched from a nearby hill as an explosion blew the front door of the Warehouse open with Giovanni followed. Then my dad came out with his Flygon.
“Give me the money, now.” He instructed with a very fierce tone to Giovanni.
Giovanni acted like the spineless rat he was and said “, ummm of course the 2 million. Yours!”
My father replied “, don’t you mean the 4 million?”
“What?” Giovanni replied “, that wasn’t our deal, our deal was 2 million.”
“Oh really?” my father asked Giovanni with a smirk on his face “, perhaps I should persuade you. Flygon, use hyper bea”
“Ok Ok!” Giovanni pleaded “, 4 million it is. Just please don’t hurt me.”
“Now that you put it that way we can behave like gentleman,” My father told Giovanni so sure of himself.
Giovanni handed over the 4 million. My father then got on his Flygon and rode off. He wasn’t about to get away that easy. I got on my Salamence and started to ride after him. Finally I shot a hyper beam at him and sent his Flygon plummeting to the ground.
“Son?” he yelled at me furious “, you don’t know who you’re dealing with. Flygon, land us now.” Somehow the Flygon managed to land safely. It was very well trained. I got off Salamence as we hit the ground.
“Son. You don’t think you can actually defeat Flygon do you?” he mocked me.
“This ends now father. You will be brought to justice.” I responded.
“Very Well. Flygon, now use Dragon Claw.” He told Flygon.
Flygon flew at Salamence and slashed him everywhere.
“Salamence No!” I cried “,now use Aerial Ace followed up by Hyper Beam.”
Salamence retaliated with an Aerial Ace having Flygon crash down to earth and then a hyper beam followed.
“It’s over,” I told my father “, there’s no way Flygon could have survived that.”
Just then Flygon flew back up and used iron tail on Salamence knocking him out.
“Don’t be so certain son,” my dad replied.
Then I returned Salamence and sent out Kelceon. The battle went on every thing I threw at Flygon he just dodged and attacked. Now I was down to my 2 last pokemon, Jolteon and Umbreon.
“Don’t you see you can never win son?” my father told me.
“None of my pokemon can defeat it.” I said to myself “, Wait that’s it!”
I sent out both Umbreon and Jolteon.
“Let’s see how you do this time dad.” I mocked him.
“Flygon now use dragon claw on Jolteon” my dad instructed.
“Jolteon use Hyper Beam and Umbreon use Shadow sneak.” I instructed.
Flygon started to charge at Jolteon. But then Umbreon’s shadow sneak hit and it stunned Flygon for enough time so that Jolteon could hit dead on with Hyper Beam. Flygon flew backwards and he landed on the ground hard.
“Flygon get back up!” my dad ordered.
Flygon tried to get up but soon it fell back down again.
“But how? One Hyper Beam shouldn’t be nearly enough to penetrate Flygon hard skin!” my dad yelled.
“Don’t you see dad. This entire battle I’ve been hitting in one single spot. That way I new all the power of my last attack wouldn’t be stopped by the skin.” I told my dad.
My dad looked at Flygon to see a very badly hurt spot on its back.
My dad returned Flygon and started to run away in fear.
“Not so fast dad. Umbreon use Confuse Ray.”
I brought out my fully healed Salamence and I rode back to base. Their I dropped of my confused father. Nicholas came out to see me.
Nicholas said to me “, well looks like you did it.”
I replied “, I never had a doubt.”
Nicholas asked me “, you’re not going to stay are you?”
I replied “, no Nicholas. There’s a whole world out there for me to explore and I’m ready to enjoy it.”
Nicholas said “, I understand. We all want to do that. But promise me one day. Come back. And never forget us. But most of all Come back one day and tell us about the great world here. You were destined for much more than a government pordject, much more. You belong here. Have fun Ricky.”
With that I started to walk away into the distance. Now I could finally relax. I could live my journey in this amazing Pokemon World.

Lou Cypher said:
ABANDONED

I simply did not understand. I have always trained hard, fought every battle my master had sent me in even if I had no way of winning. I had been sent out against Absols, Houndooms, even a Tyranitar once. How could a simple Kirlia like myself even win a battle like that? I didn't know. But I kept fighting for my trainer, because I thought he did care about me. Until I lost once again. This was a gym battle, my master against Fantina of Hearthome City. I was his last hope, but in order to win, I would have to defeat a Mismagius. I used my most powerful attacks, but the Mismagius could just vanish whenever it want. And then it would pop up and smash me with another one of those shadow balls. Had it no mercy? But no, it didn't take too long before I fell over, being battered by all of those attacks. I felt myself getting sucked back into that ball, ready to once again be treated by that friendly nurse. At least she could always help me whenever I was feeling bad. Her kind words and her gentle treatment were so different as the treatment I was used to from my trainer.

Not long after being given back to him again, he opened my Pokéball, sending me out. I greeted him with a small bow, saying "Hello Master" as usual, although he probably only heard "Kirlia". How those humans could be the dominant species with such undeveloped ears, I never understood. Even worse, his brain couldn't comprehend my telepathic messages either. "Kirlia...it's time to say our goodbyes." He said, without as much as a trace of emotion on his face. "What? Why?" I asked, in vain as he just didn't understand. He still answered though, part of his explanation probably. "When I caught you, I was surprised by your psychic powers and thought you'd be strong. But you're not. You're just a weakling, you can't win a simple battle and you cannot evolve to become tougher that way. You've been a waste of my time. So leave, I have no use for a worthless creature like yourself." and with those words he turned around and left. He didn't care about my feelings. I was sobbing, crying even. Humans just didn't understand. After all the battles I had been in for him, even after he took me away from my home by force. Even after his harsh treatments, I did everything he wanted, trying to make him like me. I wasn't strong, I knew that and I knew my limits. But he never knew.

After a while, I decided that just sitting on that rock sobbing would sort no effect. I had to get up and do something. Like find my own food again, and find new friends. That was the one positive side-effect travelling with that guy had - I got free food and his other Pokémon were friendly. Except for that Raichu of his, such a bully. All because it was his first Pokémon, he thought it could act spoiled. I kicked away a rock from frustration and went off, trying to find something to eat as I did start to get hungry.

I was lucky enough to find a small berry bush. Picking a few of them, I zapped them with a short shock wave to make them extra tasty. I sat down on a rock and looked up at the stars while nibbling on my freshly roasted berries, contemplating on what to do next. I heard of other Raltses and Kirlias living around cities, but others in forests. I wasn't too sure about either choice. I had just decided to sleep over it as I gobbled down the final berry, and started looking for a pond to drink a bit and refresh myself before sleeping. I wasn't used to sleeping in the wild anymore, but I did recall it as far less comfortable as sleeping in a Pokéball. At least when getting sucked into those balls, you would pretty much instantly fall asleep, and feel as if dreaming all the time, dreaming about the surroundings of the Pokéball. Not the nicest dreams always, but a good way to sleep. Now I would have to fall asleep the old fashioned way.

I was lucky enough to find a small stream where I could get myself refreshed. I gulped down some water and cleaned my face, which felt great. After that, I spotted a bunch of fallen leaves, which I used to make a bed for myself. It was small but upon curling up, I could sleep comfortably on it. It was a good thing it was summer, meaning it was warm enough during the night.

I quickly fell asleep, but after not too long, I woke up due to some grumbling noises. Startled, I looked around carefully, trying to detect motion with my powers. Suddenly, I could feel several creatures moving into my direction - and moving fast. Before I knew what happened, several Mightyena jumped out of the bushes, attacking me. I couldn't understand why but I guessed I was in their territory and they wanted me away. I tried to teleport but their constant biting prevented me from focussing enough to do so. I then resorted to using Shock Wave to try and drive them off, but it just wasn't powerful enough to chase them off, they were only mildly stunned by the shocks. Finally, one of them grabbed one of my legs and flung me into the stream. Confident they had rid their territory of me, they left me to float away on the little stream.

I was fortunate enough to have landed on my back as I couldn't move a muscle anymore, landing face-first would have certainly caused me to drown. Now, my light build allowed me to stay afloat and drift off to who knows where, until a sandy bend in the river caught me, washing me up on the miniature beach. I just laid still, feeling all strength fading from my body, and I shut my eyes, fearing I would never be able to open them.

But I did wake up, in a Pokémon Centre no less. I looked up and saw the all too familliar ceiling, but I also noticed something was different. There were all kinds of tubes attached to my body, of which I had no idea what they did. Then suddenly, the face of a young human girl appeared above me. It wasn't the face of the nurse, this girl looked very different. A sweet face, that much was for sure. She placed her hand on my head, very gently. Then she started speaking. "Oh I'm so happy you're awake...when I found you on that bank, I was afraid you were gone...but you were still breathing so I brought you here. I have been here for you now for two days, and I'm so happy to see you awake." She smiled. I could see she wasn't lying - she looked very tired. "Thank you..." I muttered, hard to do so due to the pain. She reacted as if shocked. "You can talk? I never knew Pokémon could talk!" Now it was my turn to be shocked. "You can understand me? Ofcourse we talk but humans never understand us...or maybe you can pick up my telepathy which means you understand me..." How I managed to speak so much despite my pain I did not know, maybe it was the joy of finally finding a human who could understand me.

During the time I had to recover at the Pokémon Centre, the girl had introduced herself as Kara, and she was on her way to a nearby town to see the famous Professor Rowan, who would give her her first Pokémon, so she could start out as a trainer. When I was about to be released back into the wild, she walked towards the city outskirts with me. Right before she would leave, I looked up at her with a smile. "Kara...I told you I wouldn't want to be with a trainer anymore...but I would want to give it a second try with you. You're so kind and you care about me...can I be your first Pokémon?"

It didn't take Kara long to consider. Before I knew it, I found myself on her shoulder, ready to travel through Sinnoh with her. She promised to not make me fight opponents I would not be able to handle.

And she kept that promise. Throughout the following two years, I never had to fight an opponent I couldnt handle. And she proved to be a very good trainer, winning all badges and entering the Sinnoh League, with me by her side at all times. I still had not evolved, but she didn't feel the need of forcing me to do so.

And now I'm ready for the fourth round of the Sinnoh League. Three on three battles. Walking into the stadium, I look at the other side of the stadium, to see what kind of opposition we will face. "No, it can be..."

Walking out of the tunnel, it is that guy who abandoned me! I feel rage welling up, and jump of Kara's shoulder before she can even make a command. I tell her "back off, this guy is mine", and I notice her nodding, she understands that this is the guy who abandoned me. And he sees it too, I notice. "Well well, if it isn't the weakling I left two years ago. Shame I got no worthy opposition.". The judge looks at Kara, who confirms that I'm her Pokémon of choice. My first opponent would be Magmar. He attacks me with Fire Punch, but one fury filled Psychic made him fall. I smile, and he recalls Magmar, a shocked look on his face. Then he sends out Skarmory. Before Skarmory can even approach me, I shoot it out of the sky with a thunderbolt. I grin with glee as he recalls Skarmory. "Now what will happen" I ask, and I'm answered with Raichu. "This is perfect, now I get full revenge" I think, and then I feel something happening to me. Before I know it, I stand a lot taller, my shape changed. "I'm a...Gardevoir now" I say. Raichu looks up at me, slightly scared. "Oh, I'm going to enjoy this, you rat". "Rai....."

Dictator Dauntless said:
Rocket and Kasumi

Team Rocket. A criminal organization dedicated to taking the jewel of the land, cultivating it, then swiping every last goose egg for themselves. Slowly, but surely, Kanto was dying. Celadon City had already been infiltrated by Rocket's gambling ring, and the metropolis was quickly becoming a haven for drunks, wastrels, gamblers, and of course, 'debt collectors'. In Lavander Town, homes were openly raided. All the while they smuggled their wares in and out through Vermilion City's own port, stashing them aboard cruise ship. There was no doubt, in anyone's mind, that Rocket had control of the situation. There were people with courage, yes, but these men had more—money, power, guns, and, of course, Pokémon, all trained to do anything their foul masters asked, no matter how terrible. But a new dawn would rise...with Kasumi, the Mist of Cerulean City.

The people of Cerulean City has always looked to Kasumi, the water guardian of Cerulean City, for support in troubled times. Though most of them had not taken it seriously, it helped morale to think that some guardian woman was going to come and fight your battles and heal your sorrows. So it stayed as a tradition over the many years, even as science and reason penetrated the land.

However, if Cerulean City had been aware of their guardian's true identity, they probably would not have asked her for help.

She swam beautifully. In the Cerulean City Gym, dawn was peeking in through the high windows, causing the water to sparkle as she dove in, a water flower blossoming at her entrance. As she jettisoned towards the bottom of the pool, bubbles following like her own escort, she twirled through the water, turned upwards, and kicked off from the pool bottom. For a moment, she floated there, frozen, Her red hair waved soothingly through the water, hair flowing in every direction as the water pulled on her body. She rested for just a moment more, feeling the push and pull on her skin, everywhere that her yellow bathing suit would allow. Then, she spun into a straight position and began streaming her body through the water, truly the mermaid that the town prized her as. Misty, Gym Leader of Cerulean City, and at only age seventeen, was the jewel of their fair town.

As she broke the water's surface, she sighed and leaned onto the edge of the pool, hair sopping down onto her back. She climbed up, grabbing her nearby towel and looking about in the morning sun. The gym was simple, after all. A giant swimming pool with a network of floating blue platforms, very efficient for its battling purpose, but also lovely any time of day. She smiles as she dried out her hair, quickly ruffling back into its messy, spiky original state. She tossed the towel over her shoulder, making her way to the back of the gym, where she and her sisters lived.

She found her way to her room briskly, opening the door and tossing the towel aside. Her room was painted a salty sea blue, complimenting the contents of the room, and herself, perfectly. Above a large aquarium, where several Pokémon swam happily, a Goldeen mask hung on a hook on the wall. Purely decorative she had told her sisters when they asked. Maybe I'll wear it to the festival. This was, of course, a lie, not solely because she did not plan to attend the festival. She reflected on her recent nights as an effective vigilante, grinning with relish. But her day would not wait. She walked over to her dressing area next to the water bed, re-clothing herself.

Misty emerged as bright as the water she had swam in just that morning, eyes sparkling. She wore a short yellow top and shorts, along with a short blue jacket with long sleeves, for the colder weather. She did not choose these for beauty, but because it was the closest thing to her bathing suit that she could wear for the day. There had been talk of the audacity of it, but then, she had never been much of one to care for petty social commentary.

Today was an important day, she knew. But not because of the festival to be held tonight. It was important because of what she needed to do. Purse slung around her neck and Poké Balls around her hip, she yawned, stretched, and headed out the door into her gym to face the day's challengers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Staryu, Water Pulse!” Misty commanded expertly, in true form, grinning mischievously. Today's challenger was truly no match.

Her starfish Pokémon twirled gracefully in the gym's pool, sending out a visible shockwave through the water. The poor challenger's Wartortle would hardly obey him, and he was needlessly aggressive. Otherwise, the guy has done well thus far, knocking out two of her own Pokémon.

The pulse hit the challenger Wartortle hard. He swam in circles, utterly baffled.

“You've got a lot farther to go with this one if he can't stand a few little waves!” cried out Misty to her challenger, who rose, pulling long spiky brown hair from his eyes.

“Wartortle, return,” said the challenger coldly, opening his Poké Ball and scooping up the turtle Pokémon in a burst of red light.

“I didn't want to use this next Pokémon. I wanted to see if I could beat you without it,” he stated smugly, grinning tauntingly and removing a ball from his belt, bouncing it in his hand.

“Yeah, we'll see about that, Blue!”

The challenger had been full of surprises, certainly. He'd walked into town a day ago, wounded badly, but refused to wait. He scrambled into the gym that afternoon, demanding to challenge her. Such a spark...she thought it was cute.

But she could see now that he was anything but cute in reality. This was a serious battler, totally dedicated. Yet he was cold, and distant. His Pokémon thus far had also reflected this. And there was something strangely familiar about the Poké Balls he was using... Black and white, with a red 'R' stamped on it.

Blue stopped bouncing the ball in his hand, opening his eyes and giving her a warning look.

“Jolteon, go.”

He snapped his Poké Ball forward, bouncing straight back into his hand as yellow and white rabbit-like Jolteon materialized from thin air.

Misty stepped back, angry.

“You idiot! You're supposed to warn the gym if you're going to be using Electric types!” she yelled fiercely, shouting out to the gym, “Everyone, out of the pool!”

The various swimmers all escaped as fast as they could., lining up around the edge to watch.

“Oh, too bad,” said Blue nonchalantly, totally uninterested. “Jolteon, How about a Thundershock in that pool?” he asked mockingly.

The Jolteon obeyed, spreading crackling lightning through the air into the pool. There were gurgled, high pitched sounds, and Misty watched him display the cruelty with fiery eyes. Her Staryu floated to the top of the pool, knocked out cold. She returned her Pokémon to its ball sourly, taking an offensive stance.

“I've got one last Pokémon for you, you toerag. See if you can shock it as easily.”

“Don't talk, just act,” he said, Misty steaming now.

“Starmie, go!” she cried, smacking the Poké Ball down with deliberate force. A purple starfish Pokémon came spinning out of the ball with blinding speed, smacking Jolteon head on, who tumbled back with the force, then rebounded, sparking dangerously as Starmie landed in the pool.

“Alright Jolteon. Let's end this sad little game. Thunderbolt on the pool again,” Blue ordered carelessly.

Once again, Jolteon sparked up another bolt of lightning, this one more wicked than the first, and sent it flying towards the open water. Suddenly, Starmie rushed up from the depths, spinning with wicked force. It deflected the bolt, which began flying back at Jolteon with inescapable speed.

Jolteon took the bolt, rigid with the electric power in his body.

Blue was surprised. He tossed his head and ginned that grin of his, mocking her with every word and action.

“That's a neat trick. And it'd work too, if it wasn't for one thing.”

Misty gasped, noticing that Jolteon had not fallen, In fact, he seemed to be fine.

“Jolteon can absorb any amount of electricity, the only electric Pokémon we know who can. Stunning, isn't it?” he questioned cruelly, watching the horror dawn on her face.

“And with the extra power you just gave back to him, I'm not sure if Starmie can take the next attack,” said Blue matter-of-factly.

Misty knew he was probably right. But she refused to give in to this pompus, show-offy, rude little...boy!

“Go ahead and try it, we can handle anything you've got!” she teased, the smille spreading across her lips again.

“Fine.”

Jolteon released the lightning from his body again, doubled in power. It positively screamed through the air, bright as its own star. Starmie jettisoned from the water once again, spinning fast. The lightning bolt was upon it in seconds, stopping Starmie in its tracks as it hit. It froze in the air, electricity bursting through every seem of its conductive body. The light faded from it's red core, and it fell to the water.

“You sure showed me,” said Blue, chuckling.

Misty fumed, kneeling down and picking up her poor Starmie from the water and hugged it close. She held it tightly and whispered, “I'm sorry Starmie. I let my hot head get you hurt.”

She opened her eyes, rage fueling her aquamarine pupils.

“Here. You want the badge? Catch,” she shouted to him, putting a hand in her jacket and throwing a tear-shaped badge to Blue.

He caught it skillfully, then turned to leave, scooping up Jolteon in a red flash.

“Thanks.”

He left through the door as everyone watched, upset.

As the door closed, Misty realized how she knew the Poké Balls he was using.

She returned Starmie to its Poké Ball, running outside just as swiftly as she could. Blue was already gone.

Rocket Balls, of course! Those are the same Poké Balls that Rocket uses. All of their Pokémon are so awful and cruel, I assumed they had just managed to train them that way. But... it must be the ball! The ball must have something to do with it! she thought, the idea racing in her mind. But they don't accept anyone his age. He must have gotten them from a Rocket. Which means...I was right. Rocket is moving in. I have to make my move tonight. As Kasumi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nights in Cerulean City were normally calm...quiet. However, not tonight. Tonight was a night for celebration, the Water Festival. Tonight, people celebrated the lakes and the oceans, and the Pokémon in them, through song, story, dance, and, of course, seafood.

But Misty was not interested in the revelry tonight. There were men to be dealt with. As fireworks exploded into the air, flashing, red, green, blue, orange, yellow, sparking in the air, Misty poked her head out from behind a warehouse at a large scarlet truck that was sitting in the lot. It was difficult, but the dull city lights made sight here possible. Underneath her Goldeen mask, she watched as uniformed men, all wearing black with a large red 'R' across the chest, and a black beret, exited the vehicle, looking around for potential spies. Seeing nothing and missing everything, they moved to the back, opening the rear door. Boxes upon boxes, crates upon crates, all stamped with the same large crimson 'R' also emblazoned on their chests..

Misty reached for her Starmie's ball, thinking to end this now. Then, she noticed the guns holstered at their hips, and still others brandishing their Uzis. She stepped back further, concocting her plan.

She chose a Poké Ball tenderly, giving it a soft kiss, and opened it, bringing out her shining white Seel as quietly as possible.

“Seel, stir up a mist. I'm going in,” she whispered, looking back the Rockets unloading supplies. The Seel nodded, opening its mouth and exhaling rapidly. A fine mist began to appear in the air, creeping towards the Rockets. They noticed, pointing their guns at the corner.

“Who's there!?” demanded one Rocket, a gaunt man, near the front. He rattled his Uzi, cautiously stepping forward as the icy mist engulfed them.

The mist was totally enveloping them. Misty walked forward, Goldeen mask tied on tight. Not that it mattered. All they could see was her slim outline.

“You there, woman! What did you see? Who are you!?” he asked , afraid and angry. The Rocket's grouped together to encircle her, guns raised.

She raised her lowered head, giggling. They grunted, some taking a step or two back cautiously. She continued to giggle, then laughed, icily.

Kasumi.”

She moved with lightning speed and precision, slamming her Poké Ball to the ground. Out popped Starmie, spinning again. Before the Rockets could even react, Starmie had attacked. As Starmie came back from its boomerang maneuver, Misty grinned. She watch them panic as they realized that their gun barrels had been sliced clean off by the spin.

The Rockets panicked. Some older, more experienced members went for their Pokémon, but the majority were cowards. They had heard the rumors of the mist spirit Kasumiand were not eager to stay.

“D-Don't move! We still have you surrounded,” threatened one of the remaining grunts.

Misty did not reply to this. Nor did she move.

“On your knees. Hands on your head. Now,” ordered a Rocket who had earlier been quiet, now gaining confidence. Several of them released Pokémon from their Rocket Balls, a tawny Raticate and a purple Arbok, Weezing, and not too few Machop and Meowth. Baring their respective fangs and fists, they closed in on the figure, who had dropped as ordered. Inches away, one of the grunts made a grab for her, and found...

A Poliwag, the hypnotic dizzy dial on its stomach turning. An illusion!

The sound of engines revving caused them all to turn. The truck had been started and the doors closed.
The mist began to clear, Seel back in its Poké Ball. The Poliwag slapped its captor with its tails, forcing him to release it. The Rockets were absolutely livid.

“Oh boys...don't come around my town again. I might do more than spank ya,” she taunted in a singsong voice. With that, Poliwag opened its mouth and sprayed a hard jet of water at the Rockets, knocking them down, dizzy with rage and confusion.

She slammed on the gas, sending the vehicle flying down the road. Streetlights blurred into a single line of light as she sped, everything else a dark flash. She lifted her mask and looked back at the Rockets, who were regrouping quickly, and blew them a teasing kiss, since she was too far away now for them make out her face.

Misty opened the left door as she neared the lake, looking around for civilians. As the truck tilted into the lake, she jumped, landing hard on the ground, absorbing the shock with a tumbling roll. The truck splashed in behind her, sinking with its cargo, and then exploded, spraying her with the lakewater. The Rockets' own bomb, too, had worked. She grinned, about to celebrate, when she noticed the Rockets and their Pokémon chasing after her. She flipped the Goldeen mask back over her face, feet pounding the ground as she fled for her life.

They chased her around a street corner, eager to punish the girl who had ruined their plans. Or rather, the boss's plans.

I'm a swimmer, not a cross country runner! she thought, chest heaving with deep breaths. I never expected a Rocket to be so fit! I may be a gym leader, but that's way too many to take on at once. If I don't find a place to hide, I'm dead.

Then, it struck her. The festival! She skidded around the next corner and saw the festivities ahead, diving into the crowd. The Rockets stopped, angry as wild Tauros.

They know the Cerulean Police are guarding this event. There's no way they'll follow me here.

She watched nervously through a gap in the crowd as they turned the corner and saw the crowd. They stared , furious, but realized that they could not win this fight. She has escaped. For now.

Leaving...she realized going back where they would go to even more cities and spread, committing more crimes, and killing more people.

Kasumi would have to leave, for now. This was too dangerous. She was risking her life every other night for cheap thrills...

And for the city she thought, smiling as a young girl played with her brother, wearing festive Magikarp masks.

But I need to be...less selfish. There are people in other cities I can help. People who need me.

Sighing, she weaved through the crowd, thinking of leaving, nice though the festival was. There was beautiful music, festive dancing, colorful lights, and plenty of entertainment. Multiple people marched in a giant Gyarados dragon train, passing her by. She stopped in front of it, tapping her foot impatiently.

As the train passed, she saw a boy on a bench in front of her. He wore a red and white over a black shirt and jeans, a cap pulled over his head. His face was dark and lined with sorrow. A Pikachu sat on his shoulder, pushing at his face, trying to cheer him.

I'll start with one person.

“Hey, you,” she said to him through her mask, offering a hand, “Want to dance?”

Daren said:
Looker's Beginning
By Daren
Word Count: 2,998

The name is Looks. Jacob Looks. I start all my stories that way. The old James Bond heading; you can’t go wrong with that. Anyway, I may not be Agent Double O7, but I have it pretty good being head of SCI, Sinnoh Crime Investigation. I’m a detective. People who knew me or were related to me bragged since I was young of my genius. I never got a grade lower than an A except once and that was in language arts (I don’t need anyone to teach me that my name means Handsome in Japanese. I’d say that was a given.)

But having more IQ points didn’t always put me in front of the camera. I used to be the assistant to a cop named Knives. I did all the work while he got all the glory. Basically, I made the fingerprints appear on the handgun and I wrapped the crime scene tape around the area (It’s harder than it looks). Everyone said that I needed to stop messing around and live up to my talents. They said I had brilliancy running in my veins. I wanted to try, I wanted to go for the gold like everyone said I should, but sometimes, it’s hard to make your mark on a world that has all of the cameras pointed at the man with the badges. It took something huge to bring me to where I am today and well… It’s easier if I just tell you the story.

“I suppose you’re all wondering why I called you here today…” Gerald Rogers, head of the SCI, addressed the assembly. I rolled my eyes as I reclined in my chair, purposefully allowing the back to bump into Jenna, a 1st class officer and a direct descendant of the original Officer Jenny, who sat behind me. Even though I wasn’t facing her, I could tell she was glaring at me. I smiled at the thought.

“Well, the answer is sitting here with us. Today I would like to recognize a long-time member of the SCI. His knowledge and skills are exceptional in every way and he has proven his loyalty every day since he joined the force.” He announced. I shifted in my seat. Could it be? Was I finally going to be recognized for my work? I leaned my chair back farther toward Jenna, if for no other reason then just to aggravate her.

“Come on up here Mr. Knives Moric!” Gerald invited. I dropped all four of the legs of my chair on the floor. The crowd roared with applause, and I could sense that Jenna was smirking. I realized that I was the only one not clapping and reluctantly I followed the crowd’s example.

“Thank you, thank you, please hold the applause, thank you” Knives said, although he was obviously enjoying the praise, “Unfortunately, I don’t have a speech prepared or anything; this is all very unexpected.” At this he looked over at Jenna and winked.

“Oh shut up Knives,” Gerald snapped, “This isn’t about you! It’s about Looker! I have been watching the two of you very closely and it is quite obvious that this man deserves your position more than you do! Now if you would please hand over your badge.” Without looking, I could sense Jenna’s jaw drop. I felt the same way; thunderstruck. I watched the color drain from Knives’ face. He fumbled for words, maintaining a protective hand over his badge.

Shaken, I stood and climbed up onto the podium and took my place beside Gerald. After shooting me a hateful glare, Knives tore off his badge and threw it on the ground, then he stormed out of the room and Jenna followed. Gerald reached down and picked up the badge.

“I would like to promote you, Looker, to a 1st rank detective,” He said, handing it to me. “The work that you have demonstrated prior has been phenomenal. Regardless, being a 1st ranker is nothing to scoff at, you will have to prove yourself worthy during your training period or you will be dislodged from your position. But I have no doubts about you, make us proud Looker!” The crowd’s applause was even more uproarious than when Knives had been called up. With that, the meeting was adjourned.

Things changed seriously after that day. I was given my own office and every day, I was presented with a test case, part of my training period. These were cake. Things like you find in those 30 minute mystery books that kids play with. Now, five days later, I was starting to get a little bored as I spun round and round in my office chair. Life began to dull.

I had just finished playing a game of I Spy with myself (So dumb), when there came a knock at the door. The caller turned out to be Jenna and she was obviously not happy to be there. I grinned at her and she scowled back. This was so much fun.

“Inspector Looks,” She muttered under her breath, “I have been ordered to inform you that there has been a break-in at the Eterna Time-Space Museum and you have been assigned to the case.”

“Great!” I exclaimed, nearly leaping out of my chair, “I’ve been long do for some excitement!”

“Real grown up of you Jake,” Jenna said, rolling her emerald eyes, “This isn’t a game, you need to get serious if you’re going to pass your training period; not that I care whether you succeed or not.”

An hour later, I arrived at the museum. I parked to the left of a police car and to the right a sleek, tan corvette. A man emerged from the driver seat of the tan car. Even through the baseball cap and shades, I recognized Knives Moric. I was about to catch up with him and make sure that there were no hard feelings left over from the promotion day but Officer June found me first.

“Inspector Looker,” She greeted warmly, “I’m Officer June, head of the Eterna Police Force. For many years, my work has brought the people of Eterna a long time of harmony and peace. But last night, someone broke into the museum and stole some very valuable artifacts, some of which are one of a kind. Also, our Gym Leader, Gardenia, has gone missing. It will be all that I can do to keep the city under control, will you help us solve this mystery?”
“Absolutely,” I replied, curious and excited at my first case, “Do you know how the burglar or burglars got inside of the museum?”

June shook her head, “I have no idea. The place was locked down and no one but You, Gardenia, and I have the key. But I beg you to believe me when I tell you that Gardenia is innocent. She loved this museum as much as life itself and she would never do something like this!”

Before I could reply, a young, blonde officer jogged up. Her jaw was moving rapidly as she chewed on a stick of gum and two earplugs dangled from her ear buds. She was not my idea of a serious cop. She gave a hurried salute to June before darting quickly away.

“Sorry about that,” June said apologetically, “That’s Jill. She’s a newbie officer. She is a big fan of this museum and when I brought it up in one of our discussions she simply begged me to put her on the case.”

I nodded and excused myself, eager to inspect the scene of the crime. I walked around the perimeter of the building, running my hand against the wall for any sign of a hidden entrance; solid. When I rounded the next corner, I slammed full force into another person and we lost our balance and fell over. Before I could recover and make out who I had shared a collision with, the person disappeared behind a bush and was out of sight. Standing up, I felt a crunch beneath my feet. From under my left boot, I produced a pair of shades, broken in half from where I had stepped on them. I remember seeing a similar pair over Knives’ eyes earlier.

Carefully, I placed them into my right jacket pocket and continued my investigation. An hour later, I had gone over every square inch of the museum and found nothing. With a pair of Latex gloves, I chose some of the few things such as books that lay on the floor and packed them away in large plastic bags for finger print testing. Nothing seemed to be out of place or unordinary besides the circular nonexistence of dust where one of the stolen artifacts must have sat prior.

At the end of the day, after the crime scene had been practically abandoned, I walked in disappointment to my car. The parking lot was empty, excluding the tan corvette that remained parked beside me. I wondered if Knives had not yet left the Museum. Re-turning off the ignition, I climbed slowly out and slunk back under the black and yellow tape. Two guards stood at the door but they stepped out of my way when they saw who I was. I flashed my key card in front of the scanner and after a cheery ‘beep’ sound, the metal door swung open and I was admitted inside.

Seconds after I heard the door clang behind me it was pushed open again and a man in a baseball cap and shades entered the room. It was Knives. Then the broken shades in my pocket didn’t belong to him. I could tell by the way that he looked around him, as if he was making sure that the coast was clear, that he hadn’t seen me and I decided to keep it that way; at least for a moment, to see what he would do.

I half expected him to take a bunch of stuff and leave. But instead, he simply moved over to a coat rack where a lone hat hung. It was brown, with a letter G woven into the fabric. He placed it into his backpack and headed back toward the door.

“Hey Knives,” I greeted as I emerged from my hiding spot behind a marble statue of the Eterna City gym. Knives didn’t appear nearly as surprised as I had expected, although he seemed a little taken aback from the sudden break in the silence.

“Hello, Looker,” He replied cheerily, “I know this probably looks really suspicious but I’m just here because Jenna left her hat and I came here to recover it for her.”

“How did you get in? I thought that June said that she and I were the only ones that had keys,” I replied, somewhat skeptically. His story sounded ridiculously fishy but from what he had seen it didn’t appear that he had done anything wrong.

“Did she not tell you that she and I were good friends? She loaned me the key when I told her that I needed to pick up the hat. See look,” He showed me a key. I nodded, pretending to accept his excuses. Then he excused himself and left. I followed soon afterward and returned home in my car for some much needed rest.

The first thing next morning I headed out once again to the museum. I made my way around to see if the tan corvette was still there but I found no trace of it. Going inside, I found Gerald, June, Jenna, and Jill were chatting over coffee. Although I was invited to join them by all but Jenna, I turned down their offers and instead made up my mind to continue looking for clues.

I began by conferring with the guards and I learned that no one entered the museum after I left the previous night. My next step, I decided, would be to talk with June privately. Eventually, I was able to peel her away for the conversation and lead her out of hearing distance of the others.

“What do you know about Knives Moric?” I asked in a whisper. June winced as if just hearing the name caused her pain.

“Basically, he’s a jerk. We were together once but we could both tell that it wouldn’t last; I knew he only wanted me for my authority. Since then I’ve seen him lurking around a lot. I don’t trust him and I think that he’s a lead suspect for the thievery,” June replied. I could see the hurt in her eyes as she spoke. It was obvious that Knives had scarred her badly. Then something she said made my detective instincts kick in.

“Wait a minute, you said you didn’t trust him, then why did you loan him your key last night to get into the museum,” I inquired. June looked shocked.

“What are you talking about? I haven’t spoken to him in weeks!”

“But if he didn’t use my key or your key… then he must have used...”

June looked like she would suddenly burst into tears. I felt for her. She obviously loved her city and she loved her gym leader and she couldn’t stand the thought of her going to the dark side. She fumbled for words but all she could manage to choke out was,

“She’s…not…bad.”

Just then, Jill strolled up to us. She whistled as she walked and she held a steaming mug of coffee in one hand; beside her stood a Croagunk. Looker recognized the Pokemon as the one that belonged to the Force, it had always creeped him out just looking at the thing but right now, its presence was strangely comforting.

“Watcha’ guys doing’?” she asked, I noticed that she was also chewing on a stick of bubble gum while she drank; gross. “We’re you talking about Knives? Did he do something wrong? By the way? Do you know whose Croagunk this is? It’s been following me around everywhere. So what were you guys talking about?”

“Alright Jill, I think that’s enough distraction for now.”

I whirled to face the barrel of Knives’ revolver. He grinned fiendishly at us, baring his glistening white teeth in a perfect array. “Ah, this smile would have been perfect for the cover of SCI Monthly. If it existed; and if you hadn’t gotten me de-promoted!” He sneered as he led us out the door and toward a waiting car.

“Jill?” June cried, turning with despair to face her assistant officer, “How could you be in on this too? I thought I knew you?”

“Well obviously you didn’t!” Jill retorted as she took her seat in the back beside Jill, “Law enforcement just isn’t my thing, I was meant for the crime life. Especially with a boyfriend like Knives to back me up every step of the way.”

It wasn’t long until the car pulled to a stop in the back of an alleyway, obviously somewhere in the outskirts of Eterna City. Me and June, held at gun point, were forced from the vehicle and made to enter the house through a half-hidden side door. Inside, we found ourselves in a small room; in the center of which, bound to a wooden chair, sat Gardenia. Next, we were made to empty our pockets and the broken shades fell out.

“There they are!” Jill exclaimed, picking them up and placing them on her nose which was pretty stupid since they just fell off afterward, “You wouldn’t believe how much it cost me to replace them.”

“I suppose you two are wondering how and why exactly this all worked out,” Knives said, holding his revolver frighteningly close, “Well, I have exactly ten hours until my final heist so I’ll tell you. It was all genius; right from the start. It was all my idea with a few bits and pieces thrown in by Jill. The first step was stealing the loot. All of this junk together would go for enough money to let me move to the luxury homes of Hoenn and live the rest of my life as a happy billionaire. The key card readers made it hard to get in so we knew we needed to find another method. Kidnapping Gardenia here was easy and her Key gave us unlimited access to the museum. Unfortunately though, the one item that I wanted most of all, the Lustrous Orb, was locked inside the museum and the key to that was locked inside one of the items we stole. It wasn’t until we started threatening to bomb the museum that Gardenia here told us that the key was hidden in her hat. The going was easy from there on except for the fact that you and June knew so much. It wasn’t safe that way. But now that you two will finally be erased from the picture, the plan can be carried o-“

Suddenly, Knives body froze like a statue, before wobbling and collapsing unconscious on the floor. Behind the place where he once was, Croagunk stood as it recoiled from its Poison Jab. Jill shrieked in terror and she knelt beside her boyfriend. But another punch from Croagunk to the back of the ex-cop’s skull was enough to take her out. Immediately, I untied Gardenia while June radioed for the police who came quickly and arrested the unconscious duo. In all of the excitement over the captured criminals, I noticed Croagunk lurking unhappily in a corner. Drawing a Poke-ball from my belt, I threw it at him. The ball shook uneasily for a few moments before finally snapping shut.

That happy day occurred five years ago, and it really was like an opening for a new chapter in my life. Like a new beginning. With new friends like June and Croagunk and new enemies like Jill and Knives. But now this story has come to its close as all great stories must. This is Inspector Looker signing off.

Palmer said:
Stardate 2xx9.171

A panoramic illustration of interstellar space seeps fathomlessly into a man’s eyes, and a myriad of countless stars scintillates freely amid the fabric of space encompassing the boundaries of his vision. As an illusion adjoins the gap between galaxies far apart, comets journey endlessly into the farthest corners of the universe. This is the age of a man who now holds the entirety of reality in the palm of his hand.

“Block 3842 has been hit!” An anxious female voice exclaimed.

“Damage report?” A man atop the deck of a ship asked.

“Minimal. Ion thrusters are fully functional!”

“Stand firm men; let’s teach them a little lesson. Teach them exactly who they’re facing.” The man declared with a smirk of confidence on his face as he held tight onto a banner with a fluttering signet.

“Enemy fleet size is off the charts!”

The man stared at the array of heavenly bodies as he nonchalantly stroked the fur of his feline companion. “So, all the lights in the heavens are our enemy now huh?”

“Yeah, but they're worthy opponents...” A belligerent young man concealed in the shade gripped his fists tightly. “I'll use the fabric of space-time to wring them out of existence!”

“Make me proud, son.” He replied permissively while comfortably seating himself to give his feline companion a subtle stroke on the back.

The young man ascended to the bridge’s central command station. “Open the space-time containment units!” He stood with his arms overlapping each other while two cryo-chambers behind him unfastened, unveiling the silhouettes of two Pokémon. “Dialga, Palkia, send these maggots into the limits of infinity!” As the two Pokémon cried out an echoing bellow, a glint of fortitude sparkled in his eyes. “Just who in the universe do you think I am!?”

The Unforeseen Legacy​

Present Day

“Chuuuu!” an immense bolt of lightning struck a massive patch of the ground, sending two people and a Pokémon into the stratosphere while accompanied by a faint shimmer soon after. Haven’t they had enough?

“Team Rocket’s blasting off again!”

“When will those guys ever learn?” Twenty-year-old Ash Ketchum was obviously vexed. “It’s been ten years since they first tried to steal you buddy, and if I don’t do anything about it, they’d probably do it until you’re too old to steal! What do you think we should do Pikachu?” He held the electric mouse in front of him, hoping for a reasonable answer.

“Pika pii! Pika pika, Pikachu!” Pikachu squeaked as if he were trying to say something in a language that only friendship can make you understand. Friendship can do that?

Ash laughed and put Pikachu on his back. “You’re right Pikachu! Why didn’t I think of that earlier?”

“Pika!” He giggled as if he was going to evaporate.

Hoping to find a solution to his dilemma, Ash immediately headed to the nearest Pokémon Center to turn a computer on.

“You have reached a Sprint directory assistance operator, how can I be of assistance?” An Indian sounding man babbled profusely. How far has operator outsourcing gone?

While sniggering a bit, Ash reached into his pocket and took a business card out, which read, Temporal Legion Founder – Max. “Could you connect me to the leader of the Temporal Legion?” He asked inquisitively.

“One moment please... I’m afraid that the line to this ‘Temporal Legion’ isn’t available.” The man’s slurred speech was somewhat cryptic; he was blatantly trying to hide something ‘covert’ which might not even be in Ash’s vocabulary.

Ash examined the plastic card a second time and noticed a lightning bolt stamped onto its back side. “Pikachu, use Thunder Bolt on the card!”

“Pi... ka... chuuuuuu!” In response to Pikachu’s electrifying aura, the business card gleamed revealing an inconspicuous hidden message that startled Ash for a second.

“Operator, a holy star rules the Turkish hackers that will come in a few more days!” As he uttered what seemed to be gibberish, more likely taboo, a moment of silence filled the conversation.

“Access code recognized. Hold on please, I am now redirecting you to a private channel of the Temporal Legion Headquarters. Have a nice day!” The screen blacked out for a split second, revealing a humble-looking face as the monitor flashed back on. A glorified cameo from a different dimension?

“You have accessed the Temporal Legion’s private channel. How may I... oh! Hey cousin! Long time no see eh?” Ash’s cousin greeted him with a warm smile.

“Long time no see Max. Boy, I never did get to tell May that I have a cousin who has the same name as her brother.” This is of course irrelevant to the plot.

“Tell who?”

“Umm, it’s nothing.” He clumsily rubbed his nose with his finger.

“Just call me Shade. How can I help you?”

Ash took a deep breath and protested for two hours’ worth of nonstop impromptu berating about Team Rocket’s shenanigans for the past decade.

“... So you’re saying that you want me to do something about this? Leave this to me then; I’ve already got something planned out.” Max grinned and took a damp mop in his hands. “What do you think of community service at the Legion for the rest of eternity? Does that sound good to you?”

Ash beamed an expression of relief. “Yeah, sounds good to me. At least they get paid to do something.”

“Alright, now to catch those ‘crooks’ of yours.” He held his thumbs up. Who does guy think he is?

Meanwhile, our three misfits are rehearsing another variation of their undying motto, only this time they’re running out of creativity juices.

Prepare for trouble!
James was hesitant. “And make it double!
To infect the world with motivation!
T-to ignite the f-fires of d-dedication!” He stuttered and sighed.
To pronounce upheavals uncouth in love!

Reluctantly, James paused for a second out of self-pity. “Get your act together!” Jessie delivered a swift right uppercut that knocked him down. Sure serves him right!

“Ow!” He felt his chin with a palm and whined. “What was that for?”

“James! Get a hold of yourself!” she ardently looked him in the eye. “You have strong feet, so use them to get back up!”

“But Jessie... I don’t want to do this anymore! It’s been ten years!”

She put a foot on a large rock and set the background ablaze with her hot blooded passion. “Then all the more we should try to steal Pikachu! Our efforts shouldn’t go to waste!”

“Cawm down Jessie, we hafta think about dis rationally.”Meowth took a fire extinguisher from Hammerspace to ‘cool her down’. “Besoyds, Pikachew’s right in fwont of us now widout dose pesky twerps.” He pointed out.

Jessie and James were skeptical at first. “Don’t think that we’d fall for that!” But they were awestruck as they saw what seemed to be Pikachu all by himself.

“Pika bzzt chu buzz bleep pika!”

“Something doesn’t seem to be right about Pikachu though.” James pondered the thought as he poked Pikachu. “Hey! I’m not getting electrified! I’m still alive!”

“What Pikachew is tryin’ ta say is that he’s surrendering himself so that he could put an end to this mess that he stawted in the first place.” Meowth explained.

“It’s a dream come true!” the two hopeless dim-witted grunts embraced each other tightly as tears of joy gushed out of their eyes.

Nearby, a pair of bushes shuddered unnoticed. “Quick Vulpix, they took the bait, I repeat, they took the bait!” one man said.

“Copy that Lazy Houndour, proceed with the operation.”

“Alright, come here Pikachu, we won’t hurt you.” As they fiddled around with their fingers and crept closer to Pikachu, they were put to sleep, oblivious to what caused their sudden drowsiness. Is this the end of their misadventures?

Moments later...

“Jessie, Meowth, where are we!?” Pretty boy clung onto one of Jessie’s legs like a newborn monkey would when it clings to its mother.

She pinched the janitor wardrobe that she was wearing. “Why are you asking me that? And what’s with these filthy rags!” the redhead muttered. Geez, it’s not like you haven’t worn any sillier ’disguises’.

As their narrow-minded perception expanded throughout the dark room, the air inside seemed to grow much heavier. They hear footsteps going towards their direction and sense the presence of someone else. In cowardice, our anti villains hurriedly bundle up in a small corner of the room. Someone turned the lights on.

“So, you must be the notorious villains who’ve been antagonizing Ash for the past ten years.” A man in a lab coat looked into their eyes as if he was staring directly at their souls.

“Notorious!?” They said in unison as if they were proud of it. No, you grunts aren’t evil enough. Ash is just ticked off.

“So I was right!” He snapped a finger as an imaginary bulb flashed over his head. “Take those mops and clean the facility. We’ll reward you even more than your boss would ever hope to.”

“You can do that!?” The sound of a cash register rippled in the background. You can’t use money in an isolated room, can you?

“Why of course we can. Oh, how rude of me. Though you may have already seen me on television before, please allow me to introduce myself. I am Professor Samuel Oak, a scientist researching in the field of... oh I’ll keep that to myself. Now you three have fun, we’ll discuss your paycheck later. Right now, if you’d excuse me, I must to get back to work.” He walked into a glass room with his hands behind him.

“Did we just get hired to do something good for once?” James was mesmerized for a second. And you call yourself a villain.

“... I think we did.” Jessie was in disbelief as well. Is this a new beginning?

These three freeloading failures didn’t only get the lowest blue-collar jobs around the corner; they are also no longer bound by the laws of time, thanks to the ingenious Professor. Because this facility is the Legion’s finest research facility, the wonders of science fiction make what should be about three hundred years passing by, irrelevant to their physical age. Ladies and gentlemen, we have just created a time skip to set the supposed plot.

“We should be old and wrinkly right now; why aren’t we!?” Jessie was inconsolable to the point of wanting grey hair.

“I don’t even know how long we’ve been cleaning this old man’s laboratory anymore!” her wouldbe spouse interjected as they tried to strangle the youth out of each other.

“Who ya cawin’ old?” The talkative cat murmured to himself. “I just gawt the ticket out, so don’t wose hope just yet.”

They were astounded as Meowth unrolled what seemed to be another one of their easy-to-foil escape plans. Only this time, it wasn’t.

“So here’s what we’re gonna do. In the last decade, the professor always wawked into his lab at eleven pm sharp with a cup of tea. Then he would leave at twelve am sharp. The decade before that, he wawked into his lab at ten pm sharp, and he would leave at eleven am sharp, and the pattern’s been going for the past countless years. So, if I’m right, he’ll be here at midnight this new-year, which is tonight. Make sure not to miss him.”

Jessie and James were clueless. “What does the time have to do with anything? And where’d you get a clock?”

“I don’t have a clawk, but this really old Intendo TS wite serves that purpose. The batteries are pretty low, so we better use it sparingly.”

“You had a Intendo TS all this time and you didn’t tell us!?” They strangled him together. Talk about mon abuse.
“ It only had enough battery power to work for about an hour two, but I made sure not to spend it all.” He was Koffing. “But that’s not the point here. Every decade, he changes his sleeping pattern, and depending awn that, he drinks something different. Let’s just hope that he takes something that would make him feel sleepy.”

“And if he doesn’t?” James interrupted.

“We do Plan B which is to get what he’s gownna drink.”

“And if that doesn’t work?” Jessie was flustered.

“Then we’d have to do Plan C, which is to tell him bed toym stories.”
Meowth was still confident despite the centuries of ploys that kept on falling short. “Let’s just hope that Plan A works.”

The moment of truth was only moments away. Would they succeed this time? Or would they have to wait for another century to get this chance? They hear the pounding footsteps that once frightened them, and are once again frightened of. Someone’s singing the recurring lyrics of a song. The situation is intense, and they’re getting all sweaty!

“...Oh you're my best friend. In a world we must defend!” Professor Oak stopped for a moment and sipped what looked like dirty water from a mug. It was James’ turn.

“The narrator says that it’s a cup of dirty water. Would that make him sleepy?”
It’s a mug of coffee Sherlock.

“Why thank you for stating the obvious narrator, I mean it!” Stop giggling at the screen. You’re welcome I guess?

Jessie was ready for anything, as far as she knew. “Professor, would you let me take a look at your coffee mug?”

He nodded. “Why certainly.”

“Ooh, will you look at that, the mug is dirty! Let me clean that up for you.” You aren’t exactly the best actress, spilling precious coffee like that and pretending to consider it as dirt.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about my spilled coffee.” He knelt to take a tablet from the puddle of spilled coffee. “Fortuitously for me, I only put three sleeping pills in there instead of ten.”

Their jaws dropped as if someone else picked up a winning lottery ticket that was right in their reach. Nice going there. Is that cat really going to tell a much older man some bed time stories?

“Professor, look, I’m a tawkin’ Meowth!”

He took a pen and jotted a bunch of things down. “Ah! This needs to be added to my research. A Meowth can learn to speak, given enough time to provide sanitary service.” While distracted, a hypnotic ray diffused from the coin on Meowth’s forehead, putting Oak to sleep.

“Where’d you learn to do that Meowth?”

“I’m well-bred.” Bed time stories huh? “Now, time to use this time machine to make us the leaders of Team Rocket. Let’s go back in time, over three hundred years ago!” As he calibrated the coordinates on the Dialga-powered time machine, they actually went back in time, over three hundred years.

After getting sucked into a time portal, they found themselves lying on grass in a forest.

“Where are we Meowth?”

“I set the coordinates to the place where the boss was when he was about as young as that Ash when we fiwst met him.”

“Persian! Are you alright?” A child was tending to an indured Persian.

“That must be the boss when he was a kid!” James shivered at the thought while hiding behind a tree with the other two.

“Well, we can take advantage of the situation. Maybe if I try to fight the Persian and beat it, I’ll be his favorite cat instead. Trust me awn this, I’ve beaten a healthy Persian before.” He flaunted. “Then you two would be the boss’ supervisors.”

“Supervisors!?” Aren’t you two being too ambitious now? “Go Meowth, we’re rooting for you all the way!”

“This should be easy.” He confidently walked into Giovanni’s line of sight, as the two prepared to do their motto ‘For the first time’.

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devastation
To unite all peoples within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
Meowth, dat's right!

The clueless trainer stood still thinking to himself. “This Team Rocket... they sound like they’re fighting for a good cause. They want to protect the world from devastation, and unite everybody. Are they trying to protect Pokémon in the forest by making the bond that Persian and I share even stronger? I want to join them. Look, If you’re looking for a Pokémon battle using a talking Meowth, I doubt that you’d have any hope of winning. I know that you’re injured Persian, but are you with my on this?” Giovanni stared deep into the Persian’s eyes, waiting to be reciprocated. At a moment’s notice, the Persian stood up with a glimmer of confidence. “Persian. Come and get them.” Sounds like a revised quote of some sort.

The two cats prowled upon each other, waiting for a chance to strike. Although Persian was injured, he emitted an intimidating aura. Meowth was out of character; ferocious rather than clever. As a bawl echoed throughout the forest, a flock of Pidgeys flew away; Meowth was down and Persian was the verdict.

“Team Rocket’s blasting off again!”

Giovanni conjured a look of curiosity and satisfaction as they flew together with the Pidgeys. “Will we ever get to see them again Persian? Will I ever get to be like them?”

The Persian idly sat down and smiled at the faint shimmer that they left as if he saw a shooting star several years into the future.

“Prepare to fire the continuum influx cannon! We can’t let those space pirates take away the joy of being with Pokémon. Such criminals wouldn't stand a chance! Men, today’s going to be another long day.” He paused for a moment and gazed up as a shooting star passed by. “Did you see that Persian? A shooting star just like the one we saw long ago. It’s at times like these that I wonder how those three are doing.”

----------------------------------------

[/entry]

Pokémon fanatic said:
THE NEW BEGINING

I had just awoken from a sleepless night. Who could sleep knowing that the new Pokemon researcher from a far off region was choosing to make this his one and only stop in all of Kanto. My small and quiet Pallet town had blown up over night. The inns and boarding homes had filled up weeks ago with reporters and trainer’s wishing to catch a glimpse of this almost unheard of man. He was going to choose five trainers and their family's to come and see who would get the coveted position of his apprentice. "Juli! Juli!"
"What is it Max, can't you see I'm still asleep?"
"Oak wants you. Now." I quickly dressed and woke up Spirit. The golden scar like line across her left eye broke in two as her eyes slowly slid open. She trotted along as I rushed to Oaks house. I guess I wasn't all that surprised to see Dominic, my childhood friend, and Seth, the new and powerful trainer from Johto also standing in his living room.
"Juli, Dominic, I have watched you grow from tiny infant's to the wonderful young people you are today. You both show signs of being very remarkable young trainers. I know neither of you have ever used Pokemon in battle, but if you'll just follow me to the backyard, we can get you all set for that."
"Hey! No fair! I want a Pokemon too!"
"Ugh, Max, can you ever mind your own business?" Despite my complaint professor Oak continued without so much as a glance at Max. When we came to the backyard, there were hundreds of pokeballs everywhere, I picked one up and it was a Growlithe, Spirit took to the other Growlithe very quickly, no, wait, she's getting ready to attack it. I drew it back and turned to listen to professor Oak.
"As you can see, there are many pokeballs, each containing a different Pokemon. Dominic, Juli, Max, go build your team's"
"Hold on a sec gramps," Dominic said, "Why do you all of a sudden want us to get a team? And what about that new guy, 'Seth'. You haven't said a word to him.
"Well Dominic, Seth has eight gym badges and a team. And the reason I want you to have a team ready is because I am recommending you three for Professor Redwoods apprenticeship" We were all taken aback. Even the silent Seth uttered out a 'No way'. I ran to a pile and took an armful to examine. By the time we had our teams assembled it was almost time for professor Redwoods appearance. We got front row seats in the huge arena that has been prepared for his arrival. When he came out on stage, he went into how almost ten year's ago he had been studying Tentacruel for a book on sea life when he ran into an island that wasn't on the map. There were Pokemon had never seen before, it was a place untouched by modern technological advances. He started a settlement which soon grew into Birch town. It is populated, but only by other scientist's and researchers. He came here to get real people from his home town to live in Birch town with him.
After that, he proceeded to bring out a few Pokemon he caught near Birch town, "I call this one, Shelped." and he sent out a green bird poking his head out of an egg shell with the other half of the egg shell on his head. "And this one is called Helapopper." This one was a little ball with stubby hands and feet with a propeller on his head and a balloon that would inflate whenever the propeller turned. He was put on a leash so he wouldn't float into the sky. "There are many other Pokemon, and the five trainer's who are chosen will get to add one to their team, so I hope you'll try your very best in the tournament tomorrow. I'm sorry we could only accept fifty entries, but not to worry, I plan to make a stop in Kanto annually to choose a new apprentice."
"Oh no! We didn't turn in our entry forms!"
"Don't worry Dominic, you're the first people on the list, I made sure of that."
"Thanks Gramps!"
-THE NEXT DAY-
I was pretty lucky during the tournament, out of ten battles I only lost twice. Max on the other hand got frustrated and quit after three lost battles. Dominic lost twice and Seth lost once. From what I could gather, there were no perfect scores but like Seth, a few people got a 9-1 score.
Everyone gathered back at the arena to see who the five lucky trainers would be.
"Okay everyone, we all put a tremendous amount of effort into picking only five trainers and their family's, but I believe these young people have worked very hard and deserve a chance to be my apprentice. With a score of 9-1, and the team of Alakazam, Mr. Mime, Chimecho, and Madicham, Jade from Sinnoh! And based upon your current team, I present you with this Pokemon. I have yet to decide a name." Professor Redwood handed Jade a top hat with eye's and bunny feet. "This next trainer, also with a score of 9-1, had been recommended to me by my mentor and good friend, professor Oak. Seth from Jhoto! With his team of Typhlosion, Scyther, Seadra, Pichu, and Glyscor. Seth, I see you like to have tough pokemon, I call this little guy Splaire." Splaire was kind of like a lion cub with a very short firey mane and it kind of looked like instead of ankles, it had some sort of ghost like energy connecting it's feet to it's leg's. "Coming in at third, the last person with a score of 9-1, water trainer, Bruno! His team consists of a Gyarados, Lapras, Starmie, Cloyster, and Seaking. Bruno have you ever considered training bugs?"
"No professor, but I did have a Beautifly as a kid."
"Well then I your going to like Prave." Prave was kind of like a blue Preying Mantis. These last two kids were also recommended by professor Oak, Dominic with the team of Phanphy, Rapidash, Lickylicky, and Graveler! Dominic, you can have Helapopper." Oh my gosh, one more name left to say, I'm the only other person Oak recommended. This is the greatest moment in my life. "And finally, the fifth person to come to Birch Town with me and have the chance to be my apprentice is..." You could cut the tension with a knife "Juli from right here in Pallet town!" Oh My Gosh, it's me! I could barley stand as he listed the pokemon on my team, "And Juli's team is Her Growlithe whom she call's Spirit, Abra, Arbok, Poochyena, and Machoke." I couldn't believe this was happening, I was crying as he handed me the little Shelped. I can't believe I was going to be apart of this new town, this new life, this new beginning.

My votes are...

1) PMJ
2) D.Dauntless
3) Delta

This was a really tough choice though. The entries are all fantastic. Even if you don't win, guys, you all did me proud ;D

If I missed an entry off, for the love of god tell me asap.

Wow, this is so close! Umm.. I did take time to look at everyones stories not just PMJ's but this is the inevitable:

1. PMJ
2. Chocolate82
3. LuckyLuigi7

This is tough, I vote

1.PMJ
2.LL7
3.42 Chocolate
(Yay a vote)

42??? Awww dammit i put 82. Whos wrong here? :p I take it 42 and 82 are the same person. (again i dont understand this lol)

and wow me and delta voted same people.

1. Fridge
2. Dictator Dauntless
3. Daren

WUZZAT? A vote without a point for PMJ? Its more likely then you think...

woah ok then everyone has an opinion XD i said he'd win, i said nothing about him getting a vote from EVERYONE lol

Everyone can, AFAIK.

PMJFan...somehow your nickname kinda irks me with this voting, Iunno why.

PMJfan001 said:
42??? Awww dammit I put 82. Whos wrong here? :p I take it 42 and 82 are the same person. (again I don't understand this lol)

and wow me and delta voted same people.

Oh yeah, I din't notice that : p
Anyway, good luck to everyone

well im not the only one whos voted him first. Ive got his name in my name for a reason, not just becoz hes always gonna be the best.

I just thought his story deserved top spot...OK?!?! lol

1.Daren
2.Lou Cypher
3.Fridge

No offense to PMJ, who I thought did well, it's just that his dialogue really irked me. As I've been saying too much WORM MAGGOT MAGGOT WORM.

EDI:Huh, he changed it up a bit, or I remember too much of it. Is changing votes allowed?

Yeah, so long as it's changed before I count everything up (in 2 weeks). If people want to change their votes, please edit your original post instead of making an entirely new one. That way I won't count things twice by mistake.

This thread is just 2 pages long and already full of win. Some people are excellent at causing drama in stories, others are causing drama over the stories. Love it.
1. Lou Cypher
2. Fridge
3. Dictator Dauntless

Back