Discussion And the last GX of Forbidden Light is...

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
As we know, there are 8 GX’s in Forbidden Light.
So far, the dedicated WPM and Joldilocks have revealed:
Lucario GX, Naganadel GX, Zygarde GX, Yveltal GX, Greninja GX, and Ultra-Necrozma GX.
(And of course, wherever you have Zygarde GX and Yveltal GX, you must have Xerneas GX.)
Count ‘em up.
That’s right. So far, we only know about 7 out of 8 GX’s in the set.

So what’s the last one?

Fortunately, we have some clues:
1: The Missing GX cannot be a Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, or Psychic type.
2: MOST of the set’s Fighting types have been revealed, so another GX from that type would be highly unlikely.
3: The Missing GX MUST be from the Kalos region, Gen 6.

Other than that, anything goes!
Let the guessing begin!
(Bonus Oohs and Aahs will be given to guesses with evidence to back them up.)

I, mostly due to extreme bias in the region of Gen 6 Pokémon that aren’t Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic and mostly Fighting types, say...

It’s probably Goodra GX.
Here’s my evidence:

1: Goodra is the only pseudo-legendary without an Ultra Rare.
2: Goodra might not be THAT popular, but the remaining choices for the STAR of the Kalos region are pretty tilted towards the Gen’s Pseudo/Stage 2 Dragon-Type. I have no doubt that many were exited to catch the adorable beast.
3: No other Kalos Pokémon in my mind has any more reason to be the last GX than Goodra itself.

Goodra GX would be super cool, actually. I think it's really a big possibility, but I'm hoping for something out of left field, like Klefki GX or something along those lines

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is absolutely no guarantee that Xerneas GX will even be in the set. The Chespin line has been ignored, and you know they'll save some important chase card for SM6+.

There isn't a reason why the last GX's will be from Kalos, either. The set may have a focus on that region, but this is Sun & Moon era and there are still cards from Alola that have no representatives.

Lucario GX, Naganadel GX, Zygarde GX, Yveltal GX, Greninja GX, and Ultra-Necrozma GX.
(And of course, wherever you have Zygarde GX and Yveltal GX, you must have Xerneas GX.)
Count ‘em up.

So what’s the last one?

Minus: Xerneas GX
Add: Dialga GX (metal) and Palkia GX (water)

Regarding your clues, do remember this 8 GX count is for the international Forbidden Light set, not the Japanese one.

1: Goodra is the only pseudo-legendary without an Ultra Rare.
2: Goodra might not be THAT popular, but the remaining choices for the STAR of the Kalos region are pretty tilted towards the Gen’s Pseudo/Stage 2 Dragon-Type. I have no doubt that many were exited to catch the adorable beast.
3: No other Kalos Pokémon in my mind has any more reason to be the last GX than Goodra itself.
Garchomp was the Psuedo for Ultra Prism and it only received a rare. If Goodra is in Forbidden Light, like it most likely will, at most it may only receive a rare/holofoil treatment although I'm still not opposed to an Ultra Rare Goodra sometime in the future. My bet goes towards Aegislash-GX or Dragalge/Clawitzer/Florges-GX if the missing GX card is from Kalos.

Going by your rules, I would not be opposed to seeing a new Hawluchadore GX in the set. Goodra not a bad choice either but yes, some slight bias there methinks.

I think most likely though, is more building on the Ultra Beast cards, so one of UB Assembly or UB Burst.

I have a strong sense it'll be a fairy type...
I thought that too, but then again we probably have Xerneas GX.

Aegislash-GX would be pretty cool.
Sorry to break your sword, but Aegislash already has a Psychic type in he set
That doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but it’s highly unlikely.

Minus: Xerneas GX
Add: Dialga GX (metal) and Palkia GX (water)

Regarding your clues, do remember this 8 GX count is for the international Forbidden Light set, not the Japanese one.
You have brought what I most fear to the spotlight:
Hard, sensical logic, not in favor of Goodra getting the spot.
BLAST IT!

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is absolutely no guarantee that Xerneas GX will even be in the set. The Chespin line has been ignored, and you know they'll save some important chase card for SM6+.

There isn't a reason why the last GX's will be from Kalos, either. The set may have a focus on that region, but this is Sun & Moon era and there are still cards from Alola that have no representatives.
At least you hated Bursting it.

Garchomp was the Psuedo for Ultra Prism and it only received a rare. If Goodra is in Forbidden Light, like it most likely will, at most it may only receive a rare/holofoil treatment although I'm still not opposed to an Ultra Rare Goodra sometime in the future. My bet goes towards Aegislash-GX or Dragalge/Clawitzer/Florges-GX if the missing GX card is from Kalos.
Uh oh. Evidence. My feet are trembling...
I’m admitting to myself now more than ever that Goodra might not be the last GX,
but AS LONG AS THE REGULAR GOODRA IS EVEN REMOTELY PLAYABLE...
I know which deck I’m playing.

Which means instead of 1, we have 2 chances for a Goodra GX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there is a Xerneas, interesting.

But anyways, whatever they decide on for the last GX, it needs to be GOOD. Yveltal and Xerneas are weak GX's, Zygarde exists around a combo which is essentially a cheese (and a very breakable one), Lucario is meh and we still don't know what Greninja does yet. Ultra Necrozma at least has merit and it's undoubtable that Naganadel will be good, but that's only 2 actually good GX cards of 8, not good odds.

They need the last one to be good if they want people buying this set, it doesn't look like a good investment so far.

SIKE! THERE IS XERNEAS GX, I'M FROM THE FUTURE.

Count ‘em up.

So what’s the last one?

Fortunately, we have some clues:
1: The Missing GX cannot be a Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, or Psychic type.
2: MOST of the set’s Fighting types have been revealed, so another GX from that type would be highly unlikely.
3: The Missing GX MUST be from the Kalos region, Gen 6.

Other than that, anything goes!
Let the guessing begin!
(Bonus Oohs and Aahs will be given to guesses with evidence to back them up.)

You realllly, need to stop obsessing over Goodra GX...

There was a good point made on the Lady full-art reveal comment thread:
steffenka said:
So Full Art Lady's placement confirms that we'll only be getting 5 GX cards in the Japanese Forbidden Light set, since the last card in the set is 094, and Lady is 100. That leaves 5 spots for FA Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma. I wonder what the final GX card in the English Forbidden Light will be (Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Naganadel, Lucario, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma plus 1 unknown)
Because of how the Japanese set numbering works, Forbidden Light doesn't have any more GX's than what we already know about, and SM6+ sets (Champion's Road/Dragon Storm in this case) always end up as candidates for the following set in the West, not the main one they're attached to.

Therefore, the mystery GX would have to be one that was already revealed from earlier, and the only candidates we have for that are Palossand-GX and Alolan Raticate-GX. I would say it could be one of the alternate type Palkia or Dialga, but I suspect those are going to end up as box promos. If I was going to take a guess, I'd say Palossand as Kanto/Johto sets would be a good place to shoehorn in an Alolan Raticate.

There was a good point made on the Lady full-art reveal comment thread:

Because of how the Japanese set numbering works, Forbidden Light doesn't have any more GX's than what we already know about, and SM6+ sets (Champion's Road/Dragon Storm in this case) always end up as candidates for the following set in the West, not the main one they're attached to.

Therefore, the mystery GX would have to be one that was already revealed from earlier, and the only candidates we have for that are Palossand-GX and Alolan Raticate-GX. I would say it could be one of the alternate type Palkia or Dialga, but I suspect those are going to end up as box promos. If I was going to take a guess, I'd say Palossand as Kanto/Johto sets would be a good place to shoehorn in an Alolan Raticate.
no no no no
NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO

It can't be...

Back