Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

I want the 9-pocket binder. That will go great with my RS Rayquaza/Gallade binder. Two gorgeous binders with Mega Rayquaza on the cover...Lovely! :)

Too bad they don't have enough pockets to hold a full set of their respective expansions...They don't have enough pockets for MOST sets, actually. They would if you double-load each pocket, but if there are sleeves on the cards then that warps the pages and bends the cards! I won't try doing that again to my cards and sleeves are a must, so single-loading it is...Which rules out full sets. So what the heck should I put in them?

Get KMC perfect fit sleeves and then you will be able to load back to back. Best penny sleeves ever!!

Man, I wish that 9-pocket binder has Kyogre instead of Groudon on it, but even still, the artwork is super sweet. Hoping those will end up in store a bit early so I can pick one up while I'm in the States.

Get KMC perfect fit sleeves and then you will be able to load back to back. Best penny sleeves ever!!
Wait, are the perfect fits smaller or something? I thought they were the same thing as the regular old ultra pro soft sleeves. Wait, are these the sleeves people use when they say they "double-sleeve" their cards? I've been wondering how the heck they do that, since I haven't found any sleeves that would fit in other sleeves. :O
I think a nearby shop sells a brand called "pro fit". Are these the same thing as perfect fits?

(This info has flipped my brain over, and I need these now. I'm going to go broke double sleeving all of my cards now. Oh, joy. *-*)

Incidentally, was there a 9-pocket flash fire set binder? If there was, then I need one.

KMC "Perfect Fit" sleeves are called that because they have a much closer fit to the edge of the card than a typical sleeve. They're 89 x 64mm, as opposed to regular penny sleeves or most other sleeves which tend to be closer to 92 x 67mm. You can use Perfect Fit and other, smaller sleeves to double sleeve or sleeve and then put into a binder. Make sure you look at the sleeve dimensions before buying to make sure they're small enough to fit inside a larger sleeves or pocket, but also large enough to fit your cards.

I was reading through the cards again today for the first time since the initial leak, and was sad to see Porygon-Z (AT)'s attack has been corrected. I thought it allowed devolution of your opponent, but it says now that it's your own Pokemon. :( Sad, I wanted to give that a shot.

...or maybe I just read it wrong all along... :p

I was reading through the cards again today for the first time since the initial leak, and was sad to see Porygon-Z (AT)'s attack has been corrected. I thought it allowed devolution of your opponent, but it says now that it's your own Pokemon. :( Sad, I wanted to give that a shot.

...or maybe I just read it wrong all along... :p

Yep, Porygon-Z (AT) removes evolution cards from your bench back into your hand. People are most likely going to use this in conjunction with Crawdaunt and Crobat lines to cycle through energy denial and free damage.

Yep, Porygon-Z (AT) removes evolution cards from your bench back into your hand. People are most likely going to use this in conjunction with Crawdaunt and Crobat lines to cycle through energy denial and free damage.
Porygon-Z with Bats seems like it'd be a bit rough to use, since it's two 2-stage Pokemon lines. Most Bats decks I've faced have had an EX at the helm to suck up damage while the Bats do their thing, ya know? So if they do include that EX, they have to work also on getting both lines benched (and then attacking with the Porygon intermittently).

I don't think it's gonna be very good, personally. But I'll be interested to see it.

I thought it was already out in japan?

I assumed he was talking English cards.

My understanding of Pokebeach is that we host high quality scans of English cards, and that the Japanese scans are at best place holders. I doubt we'll get a complete set of Japanese high quality scans.

I assumed he was talking English cards.

My understanding of Pokebeach is that we host high quality scans of English cards, and that the Japanese scans are at best place holders. I doubt we'll get a complete set of Japanese high quality scans.
Well it would be nice to have high quality jap scans to playtest /before/ release.

The Walmart In my area started leaking Aug 12th stuff. http://imgur.com/a/JPvrF

Since they are hard to see:
  • Blissey
(C)(C) Double Slap 40x

Flip 2 coins. This attack does 40 times the number of heads

(C)(C)(C)(C) Nurse's Egg

Heal 100 damage from each of your Benched Pokemon. Then, discard 2 energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness Resistance

(F) x2

Retreat (C)(C)

• Fearow
Delta Evolution: You may play this card from your hand to evolve a Pokemon during your first turn or the turn you play that Pokemon

(C) Repeating Drill 20x

Flip 5 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

(C)(C)(C) Nosedive 80

This Pokemon does 20 damage to itself.

Weakness Resistance

(L)x2 (F)-20

Retreat (C)

• The Theme deck exclusive cards are the Holo Metagross, Holo Regirock, and a Non-Holo Virizion in the Regirock deck. The Gyarados might be the AT version in the Metagross deck but I didn't buy one to find out (I was more or less at Walmart to see not buy. My local show starts selling their packs once a store breaks street date).

I opened 13 packs of Ancient Origins the other day. Out of 13 packs I got 2 of the following cards

Hoopa Ex
Claydol
Registeel
Rev Energy Recycler
Rev Larvesta

I also got holos of Gyarados and Jolteon. As a collector I was pretty disappointed my second ever ex from the set was the same as the first. I believe this is the third time I've pulled 2 of the same exs in one purchase, the other two were Kangaskhan exs which both had the same rev as well and Hydreigon ex. Hoping to get a box in a week.

Picked up 8 packs of the set yesterday. Seems Walmart is the place to go to get 'em early. Pulled M Ampharos-EX, Kyurem-EX, and SR Energy Retrieval as well as foils of Gardevoir and Jolteon. So, uh. Not off to a bad start I guess?

Back