Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Except that Level Ball and Jirachi will not likely be in the same Standard format. Disappoint, but oh well.

Hmmm, really interested in the implications of this.

Not being a deck builder, I have to wait now it seems for several months to be able to see which decks are good, which is kinda sucky, especially as these cards come out that can potentially throw the meta game on it's end.

Why would you want "Tool Scrapper" reprinted? Startling Mega Phone is VASTLY superior. Unless you want to try and run the Team Flare Gear stuff maybe but IDK are any of those REALLY all that good/viable.

Tool scrapper is the only card besides, tool retriever that can remove Head ringers and Jamming nets from you own Pokemon, as well as spirit link cards, which become worthless, once you've mega evolved.

On the topic at hand however. Night March just exploded with Level ball. and i'm sure the Bunnelby/ Ninjask mill decks will be discarding up to 3-4 cards on turn 1 now. Giant plant forest turn 1, level ball ninjask into play, discard, level ball Bunnelby, retreat to Bunnelby, discard 2 more cards.
What have you done PTCG!!!

Also, will there be a possible Heavy Ball reprint?

I will enjoy using this card when I'm not item locked.
You won't be item locked for a very long time, bro. Seismitoad is completely dead, and Trevenant has been significantly weakened. Unless Vileplume is more powerful than we thought, item lock will not be strong at all.

You won't be item locked for a very long time, bro. Seismitoad is completely dead, and Trevenant has been significantly weakened. Unless Vileplume is more powerful than we thought, item lock will not be strong at all.
That's a lot of strong and potential misjudgements you have there.

I really think Seismitoad has no place in this format, with stage 2 grass Pokemon and Mega Sceptile running rampant everywhere. Also, Mega Ray is very strong right now.

Mega Ray also lost quite a lot with LTC, and I still have yet to see proof of a slower variant of ray. Everybody talks about one existing, but I've yet to see the decklist. I have ideas for a Fairy Box style deck with MRay replacing M Khangaskhans place, but I'll have to see how viable that idea is given some very important Fairy box tech is gone next rotation.

Toad isn't dead until a tournament declares it dead. You'd have to be foolish to declare Toad dead without proof bar theory crafting. Also, you're saying M Sceptile is running everywhere without proof to the matter or the set even being released. I can easily see something like Charizard EX coming back out of the woodwork if the Toad did falter.

Woot can't wait! Haven't had a chance to play with this card yet, so I am really excited to start making some stage 2 decks!

I never read Xerosic as being a card that let you choose any Pokemon in play including your own. I thought it was only on your opponents Pokemon. but being a supporter, it doesn't really help when removing head ringers. I would rather use an N or Jupiter, for my supporter for the turn, or use Lysandre.

I never read Xerosic as being a card that let you choose any Pokemon in play including your own. I thought it was only on your opponents Pokemon. but being a supporter, it doesn't really help when removing head ringers. I would rather use an N or Jupiter, for my supporter for the turn, or use Lysandre.

Yes, it can target any Pokemon in play.

You've clearly never seen the hype when a player Xerosics a head ringer off their Pokemon to get the Final KO.

I only watch the ptcgo videos people upload on Youtube. Sometimes on the rare occasion I find an actual battle video from someones nationals, or each of the rounds of those nationals, which is actually pretty common this time of year. But nope. Only ever seen players Xerosic the opponent. and 9 times out of 10 when that happens, it's a DCE attached to a seismitoad.
But if you did have the muscle band in hand and you needed the 20 more damage, but your Pokemon had a team flare tool attached to it or spirit link, or something, I guess you could Xerosic your own Pokemon for the game.

I would still prefer a reprint of tool scrapper though, and not a supporter based tech card.

Back